Shin Godzilla Merchandise

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Cookson
Futurian

Re: Merchandise

Post by Cookson »

G14 had plenty of merchandise honestly for the popularity it has. It's no Marvel or DC, but it had plenty of stuff I thought. Bandai released plenty of stuff, you had the NECA figure, Sideshow had that awesome Maquette(with another statue coming soon!), and a ton of other stuff you could find at a place like Hot Topic during the release of the movie.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Cookson wrote:G14 had plenty of merchandise honestly for the popularity it has. It's no Marvel or DC, but it had plenty of stuff I thought. Bandai released plenty of stuff, you had the NECA figure, Sideshow had that awesome Maquette(with another statue coming soon!), and a ton of other stuff you could find at a place like Hot Topic during the release of the movie.
Agreed. A lot of stuff was available during that film, and I still see leftovers in stores now. The only issue I had with Godzilla 2014 was the fact that a lot of that merchandise was very low in quality, with the exception of the NECA figure.

Bandai Japan has even shown some disappointment in the last few years. The Movie Monster Series making a comeback in 2014 was exciting but could have done more. I'm not going to say anything until I see what they have to offer for Shin Gojira though.
Banpresto has me excited, however.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I just hope the movie monster series doesn't keep piggy backing on BC

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Godzillian wrote:I just hope the movie monster series doesn't keep piggy backing on BC
This. That's what really disappointed me... the EX series is a good concept, and Bandai has proved it by having done it for the Ultra Monsters line, but reissuing all of your figures especially when you have the ability AND money to create new molds is kind of a lazy move. A smart cash grab for the business, but a lazy decision.
I'm not a big fan of reissues in general, but now that a lot of them haven't seen release in a good 10+ years at least it makes sense to bring a few back. I'd be surprised if the Japanese Godzilla 1954 doesn't see a reissue with all of the "classic" style that the new film has.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Cookson wrote:G14 had plenty of merchandise honestly for the popularity it has. It's no Marvel or DC, but it had plenty of stuff I thought. Bandai released plenty of stuff, you had the NECA figure, Sideshow had that awesome Maquette(with another statue coming soon!), and a ton of other stuff you could find at a place like Hot Topic during the release of the movie.
There was a lot no doubt, I just meant we saw things planned that never came out, and I just hope what we see for Shin Gojira all comes out. I was excited about NECA's non-figure plans and sad none of that ever got produced.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I'm quoting myself, but the memories of going to the mall and finding all that merchandise at hot topic and getting the Art of Destruction book has me with goosebumps and excited for G2. It was one of the cooler aspects of waiting for the film.

I'm sure Japanese fans are getting that feeling with Resurgence coming out.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I think I said it before, but I'll say it again. I doubt that ANYTHING is gonna be made that is aimed at the US market, even from BC. Of course, there will be plenty available, from AmiAmi, HLJ, US e-tailers, B&M specialty shops, even Amazon. But if anyone thinks that we will be seeing stuff in Wal-Mart, Target, TRU, K-Mart, you're fooling yourselves...

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

MandaSaurus wrote:I think I said it before, but I'll say it again. I doubt that ANYTHING is gonna be made that is aimed at the US market, even from BC. Of course, there will be plenty available, from AmiAmi, HLJ, US e-tailers, B&M specialty shops, even Amazon. But if anyone thinks that we will be seeing stuff in Wal-Mart, Target, TRU, K-Mart, you're fooling yourselves...
Ummmm, isn't BC aka BANDAI AMERICA, specifically aimed for the US market…
Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Pretty sure it's been confirmed BC will be making merchandise for G16. I don' blame you on doubting them, though :P

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Mechagigan wrote:Pretty sure it's been confirmed BC will be making merchandise for G16. I don' blame you on doubting them, though :P
I do, I do! I doubt them wholeheartedly! When someone finds 'em in a US store, THEN I'll believe! BC has a habit of saying things & then failing to deliver. I believe they promised MUTOs at one point, & did we get them? No! :mad:

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

MandaSaurus wrote:
Mechagigan wrote:Pretty sure it's been confirmed BC will be making merchandise for G16. I don' blame you on doubting them, though :P
I do, I do! I doubt them wholeheartedly! When someone finds 'em in a US store, THEN I'll believe! BC has a habit of saying things & then failing to deliver. I believe they promised MUTOs at one point, & did we get them? No! :mad:
Not to incite another BC argument, but I completely agree with this. I have some faith that, for the sake of money, they'l cash in on the G16 hype - but look at their track record. Still none of the requested monsters, after a pretty long time, still reissuing G'54, etc.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I'd be happy to get a BC Shin Gojira, I actually like their vinyls of Godzilla 2014 more than Bandai.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

MandaSaurus wrote:
MUTO's came out in the chibi form but for the 6 inch etc? I don't think that was ever promised. Besides, maybe stores weren't interested in selling them? It's not just "we made this figure and you have to sell it now" for retail.

It's WAY too early to start the "I doubt this will happen" crap even though they flat out said last year that the focus will be on G16 and the movie isn't even out yet.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Heartless
G-Force Personnel

Post by Heartless »

The two new 2016 Bandai figures are up for pre-order at HLJ:
http://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?Word=God ... eAdded2=-1
"Sorrow begets solitude. The only thing you can have faith in is yourself."
自分に嘘つけば
自分を失うよ

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Heartless wrote:The two new 2016 Bandai figures are up for pre-order at HLJ:
http://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?Word=God ... eAdded2=-1
I'm getting excited but I'm gonna hold off on HLJ to wait for the figures to go up on Hobby Search. I like HLJ and all but of the majority of stuff I've preordered from them, they only stocked like one of those items into my cart while the rest remain "backordered." HobbySearch responded to my preorder and shipped it pretty quickly though.

DesuGojiFan
Gotengo Officer

Post by DesuGojiFan »

Monster King Series
I don't understand
Last edited by DesuGojiFan on Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

At twice the price roughly, I'm thinking Monster King Series is a deluxe scale, maybe a 10" like BC releases.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

DesuGojiFan wrote:
Monster King Series
I don't understand
It's referring to this line.

Japanese releases of the 10-inch BC figures, and a 10-inch G16 figure, which for all we know is also a BC figure they're releasing first.

Heartless
G-Force Personnel

Post by Heartless »

Looks like we've got a new set of High Grade figures on the way! G'16 included.

Resized Image

http://dai4.com/item/3253
"Sorrow begets solitude. The only thing you can have faith in is yourself."
自分に嘘つけば
自分を失うよ

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Heartless wrote:Looks like we've got a new set of High Grade figures on the way! G'16 included.

Resized Image

http://dai4.com/item/3253
No 84... Som bitch!

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla