Shin Godzilla Merchandise

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
KingKaiju
Futurian

Re: Merchandise

Post by KingKaiju »

While I think the design looks like shit, I can't wait to have a weird fucked up looking Godzilla on my shelf. Now when people come into my room, they can go, "man, look at all your Godzilla-WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!?!"

astroturf
Terminated
Terminated

Post by astroturf »

KingKaiju wrote:"man, look at all your Godzilla-WHAT THE skreeonk IS THAT?!?!"
and I will tell my kid in 10 years when he asks that "that's when they went full ------. Good times." :lol:

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

astroturf wrote:
and I will tell my kid in 10 years when he asks that "that's when they went full ------. Good times." :lol:
Hahahahahahahaha

Kaijugriffey
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kaijugriffey »

astroturf wrote:
Then show him a G98 figure.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I'd say the odds are very high that Bandai or any toy manufacturer for that would have some issues with making child's play things out of such a dark, grim and terrifying rendition of the character.

Not they'd bail out on it completely, I'm just saying it would be a difficult task.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

LegendZilla wrote:I'd say the odds are very high that Bandai or any toy manufacturer for that would have some issues with making child's play things out of such a dark, grim and terrifying rendition of the character.

Not they'd bail out on it completely, I'm just saying it would be a difficult task.
GMK was pretty dark, grim, and terrifying and Bandai had no issue making toys for it. When Jurassic Park came out Steven Spielberg said kids shouldn't see because it was dark and scary but they had a massive toy line for it. Bandai shouldn't have any problem putting out toys for it.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Godzillian wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:I'd say the odds are very high that Bandai or any toy manufacturer for that would have some issues with making child's play things out of such a dark, grim and terrifying rendition of the character.

GMK was pretty dark, grim, and terrifying and Bandai had no issue making toys for it. When Jurassic Park came out Steven Spielberg said kids shouldn't see because it was dark and scary but they had a massive toy line for it. Bandai shouldn't have any problem putting out toys for it.
Yeah, but this Godzilla from the looks of it, will make GMK Goji look like Megaro Goji.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I really really hope that with this vinyl figure (assuming that they're going to produce one) that it doesn't turn out like Bandai's 2014 figure. That figure looked like shit. I never thought I'd say this, but Bandai Creations' figure blew that one out of the water.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

KingKaiju wrote:I really really hope that with this vinyl figure (assuming that they're going to produce one) that it doesn't turn out like Bandai's 2014 figure. That figure looked like shit. I never thought I'd say this, but Bandai Creations' figure blew that one out of the water.

Bandai figures in general have been pretty awful recently. I personally think the Bandai vinyls were really at their peak when GMK came out around 2001; the Movie Monster Series was new and exciting and the sculpts and paint jobs just got a lot better as they progressed. I don't know what the deal is (I guess focus is mainly on SHMA), but after they released Jet Jaguar a few years back the quality of their figures just went way downhill and hasn't been the same since. They've got a window to do something really great for the new movie but who knows? One can only hope.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Godzillian wrote:

I never found GMK to be that dark or terrifying. no doubt GMK Goji could be pretty scary to a little kid, but outside of that I never found it to be as dark or grim as some say.
Godzilla

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

g2vd wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

I never found GMK to be that dark or terrifying. no doubt GMK Goji could be pretty scary to a little kid, but outside of that I never found it to be as dark or grim as some say.
On the contrary, I thought the GMK Godzilla looked awesome when I was a kid and it came out... it looked fierce but like the original. I loved that Bandai figure. :huge:

Now that I'm an adult, I think Godzilla 2016 looks pretty creepy. It's a very different take from GMK... so I don't know how children will react. But any vinyl toy of Godzilla would have made me happy as a kid, so I would be surprised if Bandai didn't make a figure.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Kaijugriffey wrote:
astroturf wrote:
Then show him a G98 figure.
Yeah, THAT would really have someone saying 'What the *#@!+?% is that?!?' Hell, a lot of us STILL say it today...

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

expandkong wrote:Really hoping for new bandai japan vinyls. Im also hoping that marmit, gigabrain, m1, and other companies will be able to do vinyls as well.
Legion1979 wrote:Forget NECA, MonsterArts and X-Plus, I want some new damn vinyls in the Bandai line.
One of the main reasons I'm looking forward to any kaiju-movie is for the Bandai Vinyls.
Hopefully they will continue with 6" figures.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Creature22 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:I really really hope that with this vinyl figure (assuming that they're going to produce one) that it doesn't turn out like Bandai's 2014 figure. That figure looked like shit. I never thought I'd say this, but Bandai Creations' figure blew that one out of the water.

Bandai figures in general have been pretty awful recently. I personally think the Bandai vinyls were really at their peak when GMK came out around 2001; the Movie Monster Series was new and exciting and the sculpts and paint jobs just got a lot better as they progressed. I don't know what the deal is (I guess focus is mainly on SHMA), but after they released Jet Jaguar a few years back the quality of their figures just went way downhill and hasn't been the same since. They've got a window to do something really great for the new movie but who knows? One can only hope.
Yeah, I remember all those releases that we got around the time that GFW came out. I was hoping we'd see something similar with the 60th Anniversary, but nope. We got a stupid looking 2014 vinyl, and that was it. Thank God(zilla) for SHMA and NECA. Hopefully if this movie hits, we can see a resurgence(no pun intended) of good Vinyls

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

astroturf wrote:
the perma ban makes sense

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Not official I don't think but still pretty cool all the same.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shin-Godzilla-r ... 2288615426
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Post by kamilleblu »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Not official I don't think but still pretty cool all the same.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shin-Godzilla-r ... 2288615426
The eyes kind of bother me here.

CritterKaiju
Yojimbo

Post by CritterKaiju »

When they make an xplus for shin goji I'm going to put in the background of every YouTube video I make just to freak out who ever watches.

Futurian

Post by 3000 »

Make a realistic pillow of Godzilla's ugly face. Fall asleep with a wonderful terror in your heart. Dead eyed Goji is watching YOU!
Member of TK Since 2006

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

It can be worse.
We could get a Pop Vinyl version.

I have a hard time seeing any cute-chibi version of this design.