The Godzilla 2016 Production Crew Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: The Godzilla 2016 Production Crew Thread

Post by LegendZilla »

Finalwar22 wrote:To me , it wasn't even close to John Williams.
Than why did you hate it so much?!

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

#12, a new crew person to talk about.

art direction by Emi Misawa (64: Part 1, 64: Part 2) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm7297360/

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Finalwar22 wrote:To me , it wasn't even close to John Williams.
Someone has bad taste.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I am genuinely curious as to why you dislike the soundtrack to Godzilla vs Biollante, Finalwar22. There's nothing wrong with disliking it, I'm just curious to why.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

KaijuFiend wrote:I am genuinely curious as to why you dislike the soundtrack to Godzilla vs Biollante, Finalwar22. There's nothing wrong with disliking it, I'm just curious to why.
I personally thought it was one of the best sound tracks in all the 90's films. And how can you not love this
or my favorite...

Who doesn't like an 80's remix of the Military March that includes awesome guitar riffs?!?!?!?!

ANYWAY- I'm just hoping the OST for this movie sounds like it belongs in a Godzilla movie. If it does, then I'm happy!
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Lain Of The Wired wrote: Who doesn't like an 80's remix of the Military March that includes awesome guitar riffs?!?!?!?!
It's my favorite song in the entirety of the Godzilla franchise. Of course that ties into my musical preference for punk rock and heavy metal. Since I like those genres so much, I am going to like a similar-sounding Godzilla song :D
ANYWAY- I'm just hoping the OST for this movie sounds like it belongs in a Godzilla movie. If it does, then I'm happy!
Same here, but I'm confident that it will. In 30 films, we've only had one where the majority of the OST didn't sound like it belonged in a Godzilla movie (Final Wars) in my opinion. It seems very unlikely the same mistake will be made with the 2016 film.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

KaijuFiend wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote: Who doesn't like an 80's remix of the Military March that includes awesome guitar riffs?!?!?!?!
It's my favorite song in the entirety of the Godzilla franchise. Of course that ties into my musical preference for punk rock and heavy metal. Since I like those genres so much, I am going to like a similar-sounding Godzilla song :D
Hell's yeah! I LOVE metal and 80's rock, so I always did have a special love for the Bio Wars track.

And even though the FW OST didn't sound "Godzilla-like", I still liked it, but I agree, I hink Japan knows what they're doing and there won' be a problem. If anything, i predict a more eerie, somber sounding type of music for this one.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:I think Japan knows what they're doing and there won' be a problem. If anything, i predict a more eerie, somber sounding type of music for this one.

Pardon the plug, but Shiro Sagisu has this down pat if they choose him. The latter half of NGE and End of Evangelion have downright spooky music, imo.
Last edited by Rody on Tue May 19, 2015 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Rody wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:I think Japan knows what they're doing and there won' be a problem. If anything, i predict a more eerie, somber sounding type of music for this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N96j-X_Mwg&list
Youtube is blocked where I'm at rn, what is it?

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Lain Of The Wired wrote: Youtube is blocked where I'm at rn, what is it?
"Mother is the First Other" from the Neon Genesis Evangelion soundtrack.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Honestly, as long as the soundtrack doesn't sound like Final Wars or the Riichiro Manabe scores, I'll be happy.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I'm am awfully suspicious that they have not announced a single bit of new staff since the Anno + Higuchi duo as writer/director/special effects director, especially when filming is just around the corner.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

LegendZilla wrote:I'm am awfully suspicious that they have not announced a single bit of new staff since the Anno + Higuchi duo as writer/director/special effects director, especially when filming is just around the corner.
They are likely to announce everything once production begins. Be patient. The movie is happening.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Since Shiro Sagisu is doing the score to the Attack on Titan film by Shinji Higuchi, then that amplifies the odds that he will end up scoring this film.

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

IMDB's blocked Godzilla's crew list for general users, anyone who has IMDBPro can still read it. I don't.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I assume we should be hearing casting news soon? They're filming awfully soon. Toho can only run on the hotel news for so long.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

Cookson wrote:I assume we should be hearing casting news soon? They're filming awfully soon. Toho can only run on the hotel news for so long.
I'm guessing we'll hear something at or around Comic-Con/GFEST next weekend. With Shinji Higuchi attending CC for the world premiere of Attack on Titan, it's likely he'll be getting started soon after. Maybe he'll let something slip if somebody asks.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

What are the odds that Hideaki Anno himself has bipolar disorder?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

LegendZilla wrote:What are the odds that Hideaki Anno has bipolar disorder.
I'd say 50/50.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Isn't Comic Con going on right now? If so, I thought Shinji Higuchi is supposed to be there for the Attack on Titan movie he did and supposedly he will let some info slip on this new Godzilla film of his and Anno's?

Would any of you gentlemen care to clarify?