Re: Offical Toho/Godzilla Movie Ideas Topic 2.0

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Re: Re: Offical Toho/Godzilla Movie Ideas Topic 2.0

Post by DirektorSplennic »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:52 pm
DirektorSplennic wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:58 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:47 pm ^^I just want to clarify that I made that post over four years ago. I’ve seen a lot of interpretations of a Christian influence on Godzilla through iconography in Mothra, and since then I’ve also found value in occultistish things, and mismashes of religion and culture. I don’t think I’d inherently be against something now just based on the inclusion of one element. As long as it doesn’t retcon Godzilla into oblivion by making it some sort of Jesus figure (and still then it might be cool if it was trippy like A Space Godzilla) then I’d be fine until I see it in action and can make a proper assessment.
So I take it you would rather "God's Godzilla" never see the light of day? :lol:
I would actually love it. That's the type of insanity I'm all for now.

Somewhere along the lines (and that's why my 2017 post is so alienating to me) I've really gotten into trippy religious inspirations. As long as it wasn't pure propaganda, or Godzilla fighting a devil in the traditional form. It's the same reason why I like Eva.
Yeah same, I love when there's crazy religious symbolism in stuff. I so desperately need God's Godzilla in my life as a movie. It's so, well, insane.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Please, never make a fucking Eva Godzilla a thing...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

It would be interesting to give Anguirus its own movie. He's a popular ally of Godzilla so there would be an audience for it. It could be a back to basics kind of thing by making it similar to the old movies like Rodan and Mothra with a modern coat of paint. Sure It'd be a B-movie, but (besides the original Godzilla) that's kaiju movies in general.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

HillyHulk wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:36 pm It would be interesting to give Anguirus its own movie. He a popular ally of Godzilla so there would be an audience for it. It could be a back to basics kind of thing by making it similar to the old movies like Rodan and Mothra with a modern coat of paint. Sure It'd be a B-movie, but (besides the original Godzilla) that's kaiju movies in general.
That would most likely do better with western fans than locally in Japan.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Godzilla has become the main vehicle for everything Toho sci-fi so I think it's safe to say Toho monsters are resigned to costarring alongside Godzilla only now, a possible exception being Mothra (if the ROM trilogy is to go by).

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

I am all for a sort of spinoff of Godzilla. We already have had those in the Showa series and it can work again. Maybe not a spinoff series but definitely a one time occurrence like Varan, Rodan, or Mothra. Sure Godzilla will most likely eventually steal the show afterwards but it would still be cool to see.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

You know, for a new character driven Godzilla film, why not do a semi-anthology film focusing on the stories of a bunch of different people during an attack. I was actually inspired by "Love, Actually" for this so imagine that sort of movie except instead of exploring love during the holidays, it explores Godzilla during an attack.

This is also in response to people complaining about the humans in GvK
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

An anthology of the 3 or 4 animated features in different styles would be cool. Have them be of unmade Godzilla films.

1. Godzilla vs Bagan: Super Godzilla anyone
2. Godzilla: Tokyo Suicide Strategy with Gigan and Kameragon
3. Godzilla vs Varan: with Little G
4. Godzilla X Deathla

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I have a few ideas for potential future G-films

1: Animated Godzilla vs Deathla- I would really love to see GvDeathla come to fruition, and having it be an hour long animated film would be great.

2: Gamera vs Godzilla- There’s a reason Goji doesn’t get top billing here. This film would be a sequel to Gamera 3: Revenge Of Iris and be apart of the Heisei Gamera continuity. Godzilla would go back to being the tragic, malicious irradiated horror he was in 1954, but better suited for the times and for combat. The victor would be Gamera.

3: Godzilla vs King Kong- A sequel to Godzilla vs Destoroyah, it would follow a group of terrorists who steal tech from G-Force, specifically from remains of MGII and M.O.G.U.E.R.A, to augment King Kong, a kaiju found on an island in the pacific, to do battle with and kill Godzilla. The first battle on Faro island would end with KK sustaining grievous injuries and being knocked out. The final battle would end with Junior finishing Cyborg-KK with a well placed purple-spiral-wrapped atomic breath on the chest compartment, forcing KK to self destruct
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Godzilla vs. Sunarigasta - A monster resembling a tentacled dragon called Sunarigasta (corruption of Snallygaster, its main basis) emerges periodically as part of a curse on a majority-Black town in Appalachia, where the family of its leader will be terrorised by it. However, the current family, the Snowdens, is in Hokkaido for a backpacking vacation, and at one point stay a hotel run by people who don't have the best views on foreigners let alone people of colour, much to the chagrin of their daughter Hiyoko Kuromoto. On one night, Godzilla emerges and engages with the JSDF, where in the crossfire, the young adult Jason Snowden saves Hiyoko's life. Elsewjere, another monster emerges, resembling a large wolf.

However, an emerged Sunarigasta heads to Japan to attack the Snowdens, and pursues them while on a hike. Fortunately, Godzilla arrives and does battle with it, and beats it to a standstill. Over the next couple days, Jason and Hiyoko bond as the family continue their vacation joined by her, only for the wolf monster, Okamira, to start following them but never attacking. When Sunarigasta remerges and starts making a B-line for them, only to be stopped by Okamira, and two fight. On their last day, Sunariugasta goes on its biggest rampage yet, but is finally met by Godzilla and Okamira, who team up to defeat it for good. The Snowdens leave Japan early, but not before Jason and Hiyoko share one last moment.

Yeah, it could use some work. Its basically first draft.

mpsoldier
GPN Volunteer

Post by mpsoldier »

Got to admit you guys are really surprising me. Whenever I watch a kaiju movie (especially the early Godzilla\Gamera ones) I always dislike the human characters. Especially the token annoying boy (usually named Ken\Kenny). But in alot of these ideas your pitching human characters are prevalent. Making me reconsider my opinions. Done sparingly and tastefully, human characters can indeed enhance a Kaiju film.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think in a post-covid world, the best idea for a new kaiju for Godzilla to fight would be a virus-kaiju. It's design should draw influence from this foreign Mothra Vs Godzilla poster :

Perhaps they could also borrow elements from Bullton and/or Prisma from Ultraman fame. Any suggestions for the plot to such a film? Also, what should be the name for a Virus kaiju?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

This was an idea I had after posting on the Godzilla vs Mantango thread. The basic idea was that humans returned to the original island of the Matango to experiment with them to find a way to use them to control the kaiju of the world. Expanding from that, an incident in a lab built there with a kaiju causes a worldwide pandemic. Godzilla's radioactive biology, however, burns through the Matango before it can take over Godzilla's mind. Having a way to fight the infestation, humanity works alongside Godzilla to fight off the Matango.

Well, I hope this is a good idea to share with this thread.