Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 4)

Post by Jermobooka »

GojiSquid wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:57 pm This anime really took the "anime” concept of the POTM trilogy and capitalizes on it.
FTFY ;)
Last edited by Jermobooka on Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:41 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:36 pm
Spoiler:
A third concert part of Rodin came out here all 3 together
Image Image
I'm not going to post this in the non-spoiler thread, but I'm pretty sure Yun gives Havel an explanation for variation within the species in episode 4. It's something about being able to change or choose variation in body type. Again, we see Rodan with Godzilla spines, furthering the connection.
That does sound very interesting, I want to know more about this Godzilla and other species connection

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:51 pm
Spoiler:
Manda has a Godzilla spine on i's tail!
As seen in the first trailer.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Spoiler:
Do we have any information of this form of Rodan yet, if not what do you think it is? Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:30 pm
Spoiler:
Do we have any information of this form of Rodan yet, if not what do you think it is? Image
Some speculated it’s Rodan being hit by either a missile or beam, and bursting into flame, which is possible. I think it could be a Mid-transformation sequence, or even Rodan somehow combining with Godzilla. The structure and face is a little different though.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Just looks like a brown Rodan is burning alive and trying to fly away. Godzilla? Jet Jaguar? Something else causing it entirely? We’ll have to wait and see~
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:32 pm
Spoiler:
Some speculated it’s Rodan being hit by either a missile or beam, and bursting into flame, which is possible. I think it could be a Mid-transformation sequence, or even Rodan somehow combining with Godzilla. The structure and face is a little different though.
Spoiler:
I think it’s some kind of evolved Rodan fighting Godzilla, the other species have something against Godzilla, as we saw Manda biting into Godzilla shoulder, and seem like Rodan is charging up a beam
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:32 pm
Spoiler:
Remember that huge explosion earlier in the trailer/PV? You can see a Rodan get consumed in it so I think what we're seeing there is the direct aftermath, with the Rodan burning alive.

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

I swear, if Godzilla B is Varan, he better be called Godzilla Baradagi
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

EvaGhidorah01 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:23 pm I swear, if Godzilla B is Varan, he better be called Godzilla Baradagi
That's what I'm expecting. Baran is technically Varan's name, therefore that would make sense.
What would be "C" be then.
"C" isn't a native japanese sound. Closest would be Shi, like "Shisa" (King Shisa?). A bit strange, and I doubt it because Shisa is radically different.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

Not sure if anyone posted this already, but I found a teaser render of the Godzilla Aquatilus design

sourced from the Singular Point website

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Man episode 3 flew by. Looking forward to episode 4. Sounds like a lot of cool stuff being built up.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

Little reference to the release date of King Kong vs. Godzilla I noticed while rewatching episode 2

Rewatching the episodes with subtitles helps a lot. Obviously I now have some proper idea of what's going on outside of what's being shown on screen and implied through the tone and few words that I kind of understand. I notice details I missed before. Obviously I just spotted the King Kong vs. Godzilla reference in episode 2, but there are some definite kinks in the animation.
Last edited by EvaGhidorah01 on Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:06 pm The skeleton is the Singular point. A B and C will arrive, fuse with the Skelton and form Ultima. That's my guess.
unsure about the skeleton, but the three fusing was my theory as well.
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:06 pm The skeleton is the Singular point. A B and C will arrive, fuse with the Skelton and form Ultima. That's my guess.
I’m 100% sure this is exactly what’s gonna happen. They already did the Godzilla evolution concept, and fusion sounds like the next, unique step
EvaGhidorah01 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:56 pm Not sure if anyone posted this already, but I found a teaser render of the Godzilla Aquatilus design

sourced from the Singular Point website
While it’s just the silhouette, it still looks very cool! Can’t wait to see the entire render
Last edited by Jermobooka on Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erimaki Anguirus
Ronin

Post by Erimaki Anguirus »

I have not seen the series yet but I do not mind spoilers. So Wikizilla claims that the brown Rodans are adults, is this true?

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

Was rewatching Singular Point's trailers while discussing Godzilla C, and noticed that Godzilla's proportions seem to change in different shots. In some shots, he has the traditional almost "bulldog-like" snout reminiscent of Shodai, Mosu and Shin Goji, as well as others. Meanwhile, the second image presents what looks like a Godzilla with more rounded proportions, as well as a longer snout. Obviously, we know about there being at least 4 Godzilla variants, but I'm very curious if this adds any credence to the fusion or evolution theories people have had over Godzilla Aquatilis, B, and C.

Feel free to challenge me if you think I'm overthinking things (had an interesting day, so I'm probably just not thinking straight). For all I know, some of the footage we've seen may have been constantly changing since the first trailer of Singular Point

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

EvaGhidorah01 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:10 am Was rewatching Singular Point's trailers while discussing Godzilla C, and noticed that Godzilla's proportions seem to change in different shots. In some shots, he has the traditional almost "bulldog-like" snout reminiscent of Shodai, Mosu and Shin Goji, as well as others. Meanwhile, the second image presents what looks like a Godzilla with more rounded proportions, as well as a longer snout. Obviously, we know about there being at least 4 Godzilla variants, but I'm very curious if this adds any credence to the fusion or evolution theories people have had over Godzilla Aquatilis, B, and C.

Feel free to challenge me if you think I'm overthinking things (had an interesting day, so I'm probably just not thinking straight). For all I know, some of the footage we've seen may have been constantly changing since the first trailer of Singular Point
Tbh it might just be the perspective warping one's perception of the proportions, a similar thing happened with Ghidorah in KOTM.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

This might be a little too early to say but if this anime gets a second season what would it be?

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:06 pm This might be a little too early to say but if this anime gets a second season what would it be?
From what we can piece together from the story, i think it’ll be a one-and-done deal. I could very well be wrong though