Shin Godzilla - The General Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Shin Godzilla - The General Discussion Thread

Post by Zarm »

Well, there was...

...Well, the score was good. And the Warriors Four remained... alive. So there's that.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Persecution of the masses, and Who will know, live.

Last edited by Godzilla165 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Rody wrote:^That's a nice review; I think I took away very similar thoughts on my viewing of the film.

Meanwhille, Japanese fans are analyzing the film's easter eggs. This is mostly familiar stuff, but it's neat to see again.
Wow how have I never seen this
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOcCbemUMAE3937.jpg:large

That's like the best pic of the humanoid removed from the tail I've seen.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

tbeasley wrote:
Rody wrote:^That's a nice review; I think I took away very similar thoughts on my viewing of the film.

Meanwhille, Japanese fans are analyzing the film's easter eggs. This is mostly familiar stuff, but it's neat to see again.
Wow how have I never seen this
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOcCbemUMAE3937.jpg:large

That's like the best pic of the humanoid removed from the tail I've seen.
It’s from Shin Godzilla Generation. I highly recommend tracking it down, it has fantastically detailed photos of all the maquettes.

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Post by ShinGi »

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2018 ... nannex-ent

The actor who played the Prime Minister in Shin Godzilla, Ren Ohsugi has passed away aged 66

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

ShinGi wrote:https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2018 ... nannex-ent

The actor who played the Prime Minister in Shin Godzilla, Ren Ohsugi has passed away aged 66
WHAT?!

That's so sad. I thought he was great in that role.

R.I.P. Osugi-san :cry:
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

ShinGi wrote:https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2018 ... nannex-ent

Dang, he was a really good actor to play the Prime Minister. :( Love & prayers to his family and friends.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

That's terrible :( My condolences to his family and friends.

Man.... feels like Shin Godzilla came out years ago.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GojiraGuy2016
GPN Volunteer

Post by GojiraGuy2016 »

This is indeed very sad, because I love SHIN GODZILLA (2016) in all aspects (minus the not justified arguments made by persons who haven't seen the movie). For me personally the movie No. 2 after 1954.

RIP Osugi. You had been a fine actor. A strong and convincing one.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The Godzilla statue in Hibiya Chanter Square is to be replaced by a Shin Godzilla statue with the original being moved to the nearby Toho Cinema. The area is also to be renamed after Godzilla.

http://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/amp ... ssion=true
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:The Godzilla statue in Hibiya Chanter Square is to be replaced by a Shin Godzilla statue with the original being moved to the nearby Toho Cinema. The area is also to be renamed after Godzilla.

http://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/amp ... ssion=true
Aw, dis gon be gud Image
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Wow, that's pretty incredible. I'm assuming this implies, then, that Toho's "default" Godzilla is now going to be Shin instead of the Heisei design?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Maritonic wrote:Wow, that's pretty incredible. I'm assuming this implies, then, that Toho's "default" Godzilla is now going to be Shin instead of the Heisei design?
I can just hear the anti-Shin fans screaming in anger :lol: :P
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Arguably (not to say that I'm not very much one of those and doing that ;) ), there is something a little... offputting about trading in a decade-long classic design for a controversial one-shot wonder; I could see valid reasons for disaproving even if you approve of the film and design.
Last edited by Zarm on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Maritonic wrote:Wow, that's pretty incredible. I'm assuming this implies, then, that Toho's "default" Godzilla is now going to be Shin instead of the Heisei design?
Not necessarily. Toho cinemas is also where the Godzilla Hotel and the Godzilla store are, so they may think of that more as their ‘main’ Godzilla visibility area... if that makes any sense.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Not a huge fan of the Heisei films but I always thought that was the definitive design. Powerful and imposing. This is pretty disappointing if true
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

It's clearly a sign of Shin's revered status, but let's not read too much into it. At this point, with Legendary G, Shin, and anime Godzilla all still relatively high-profile, the idea of one "default" look is pretty unstable.

That said, as always, Shin haters are BTFO. Weren't there people saying last year that anime Godzilla was going to make us all forget Shin? :lol:

Well, whoever was saying that, I guess you'll have the chance to make that argument in another ten or twenty years if they decide to change statues up again. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Jomei on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
I can just hear the anti-Shin fans screaming in anger :lol: :P
"REEE REEE NOT GODZ1LLA!!11!!11 LEGENDARY 10/10 FOREVER!!!!!"
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: I can just hear the anti-Shin fans screaming in anger :lol: :P
Jomei wrote:
It's clearly a sign of Shin's revered status, but let's not read too much into it. At this point, with Legendary G, Shin, and anime Godzilla all still relatively high-profile, the idea of one "default" look is pretty unstable.

That said, as always, Shin haters are BTFO. Weren't there people saying last year that anime Godzilla was going to make us all forget Shin? :lol:

Well, whoever was saying that, I guess you'll have the chance to make that argument in another ten or twenty years if they decide to change statues up again. :mrgreen:
:facepalm: oi, this is why I just cant get behind this movie
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
your source of self destruction

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

master_of_monsters wrote: :facepalm: oi, this is why I just cant get behind this movie
Good thing nobody is forcing you to.