Gorosaurus on ice.

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Gorosaurus on ice.

Post by ScootaVaran »

Might be a stupid question.

I was looking up pics of Gorosaurus and I kept coming up with pics of him at the ice mountain field base where Mechakong was digging for stuff.(sry havent seen the movie in a while)

So was there supposed to be a scene with Gororsaurus being there but was cut out of the movie for whatever reason?
Was it just a publisty photo?
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Re: Gorosaurus on ice.

Post by Space Hunter M »

ScootaVaran wrote: Was it just a publisty photo?
Yes, just like how King Kong and Godzilla don't actually make physical contact on the Nasu Plain as seen in this photo:
kpa in an earlier thread with the same subject as this one wrote:Toho has done several different types of publicity photos for their movies...
1. Standard stills depicting scenes from the movie.
2. Behind the scenes photos.
3. Mock-ups done by the art department. These often are made up of several different images combined with added effects (gun fire, laser beams, fire, movement lines, etc) to create an impression of what the film is like rather than directly show any one scene in the film.
4. Toho will also have photos taken of the major characters on one of the main sets for a movie. These are sometimes done in conjunction with a "press day" in which the media are invited to visit one of the sets and take photos of the actors (or for the kaiju films, the stunt actors in the monster costumes). Since these are done solely for publicity, the photos aren't intended to show a scene from the movie but again create an interest by showing a cool set or all the monsters or characters the viewer will see in the movie. They're basically the equivalent of a class photo or a team picture. Complaining that "that never happened in the movie" misses the point of what these photos were made for. I like them for the Toho kaiju movies, because they're often the only way to see all the monsters together in one shot and it shows how these movies were promoted during production.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Oh, I thought this was going to be about ice skating.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

^ Me too. Every time "Disney on Ice" comes to town, all I can think of is this:

To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Space Hunter M wrote:
ScootaVaran wrote: Was it just a publisty photo?
Yes, just like how King Kong and Godzilla don't actually make physical contact on the Nasu Plain as seen in this photo:
kpa in an earlier thread with the same subject as this one wrote:Toho has done several different types of publicity photos for their movies...
1. Standard stills depicting scenes from the movie.
2. Behind the scenes photos.
3. Mock-ups done by the art department. These often are made up of several different images combined with added effects (gun fire, laser beams, fire, movement lines, etc) to create an impression of what the film is like rather than directly show any one scene in the film.
4. Toho will also have photos taken of the major characters on one of the main sets for a movie. These are sometimes done in conjunction with a "press day" in which the media are invited to visit one of the sets and take photos of the actors (or for the kaiju films, the stunt actors in the monster costumes). Since these are done solely for publicity, the photos aren't intended to show a scene from the movie but again create an interest by showing a cool set or all the monsters or characters the viewer will see in the movie. They're basically the equivalent of a class photo or a team picture. Complaining that "that never happened in the movie" misses the point of what these photos were made for. I like them for the Toho kaiju movies, because they're often the only way to see all the monsters together in one shot and it shows how these movies were promoted during production.

Thanks, I kinda figured that what it was for.

A kaiju ice skating spectacle?? yeah i'd be drunk enough to enjoy it.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

o.supreme wrote:^ Me too. Every time "Disney on Ice" comes to town, all I can think of is this:

Woah, that skeleton with the big head and ears............
Oh god, the things that item suggests.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

GodzillaRangerPrime wrote:
o.supreme wrote:^ Me too. Every time "Disney on Ice" comes to town, all I can think of is this:

Woah, that skeleton with the big head and ears............
Oh god, the things that item suggests.
Freaky