Baragon instead of Anguirus in GvMG?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Baragon instead of Anguirus in GvMG?

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

This thread has kinda turned into a decent Anguirus Thread... nice.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

I think Anguirus saw enough, I think it was kinda bullshit though that Anguirus had to travel from Monster Island to Tokyo, only to have travel back to Monster Island, get Godzilla, travel back to Tokyo, fight a chicken and dragon, then travel back to Monster Island!

Crimson_Raptor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Crimson_Raptor »

NSZ wrote:
Captain Aktion wrote:... I always thought Anguirus... was just going back to confirm to Godzilla that "yeah, they're on monster-alert for some reason"...
I can only imagine Godzilla slapping him upside the head if he gave that as his report.
Godzilla would be like, "they're on alert because of you, dorkus," lol!
"Reach for the high apples first; you can get the low ones any time."

jonathan11799
Yojimbo

Post by jonathan11799 »

TokyoVigilante wrote:It's actually one of the oldest theories in the fandom; that Baragon was supposed to attack Mechagodzilla instead of Anguirus, but since the suit was in such awful shape because of Tsuburaya Productions using it for so many different Ultraman monsters (and just general age), they used Anguirus instead.

However, it's been relatively recently found out that Anguirus was always intended to be in the film and is in drafts even before Mechagodzilla.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/cutting_room ... misaki.htm
thats why anguirus came up from under the ground when mecha-g attacked him, he was going to be in the film GMK with varan and baragon instead of king ghidorah and mothra
You have your fear, which might become reality; and you have Godzilla, which IS reality

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

jonathan11799 wrote:
TokyoVigilante wrote:It's actually one of the oldest theories in the fandom; that Baragon was supposed to attack Mechagodzilla instead of Anguirus, but since the suit was in such awful shape because of Tsuburaya Productions using it for so many different Ultraman monsters (and just general age), they used Anguirus instead.

However, it's been relatively recently found out that Anguirus was always intended to be in the film and is in drafts even before Mechagodzilla.
thats why anguirus came up from under the ground when mecha-g attacked him, he was going to be in the film GMK with varan and baragon instead of king ghidorah and mothra
What the hell are you talking about? And Go rewatch the film again :roll: , MechaG didn' "attack" him, he accidentally stepped and tripped over him!!!

jonathan11799
Yojimbo

Post by jonathan11799 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
jonathan11799 wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? And Go rewatch the film again :roll: , MechaG didn' "attack" him, he accidentally stepped and tripped over him!!!
but then went on to attack him
You have your fear, which might become reality; and you have Godzilla, which IS reality

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Yeah... after Anguirus lept at him... what in the hell does this have to do with anything?

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Yeah, Anguirus attacked first. Mechagodzilla just retaliated in full force.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Rody wrote:Yeah, Anguirus attacked first. Mechagodzilla just retaliated in full force.
Oh damn, that beatdown was one of the worse in the Showa era :freak:

But what point is that Jonathan kid trying to make? :?

jonathan11799
Yojimbo

Post by jonathan11799 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Yeah... after Anguirus lept at him... what in the hell does this have to do with anything?
im not trying to make a point. I was just adding to what TokyoVigilante said

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Angurius came out to by time for Godzilla so I'm sure he was expecting the beating he got. If it was me I would have added Angurius to the final battle of GvsMG and the final battle of TOMG Angurius needed some retribution.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

miguelnuva wrote:Angurius came out to by time for Godzilla so I'm sure he was expecting the beating he got. If it was me I would have added Angurius to the final battle of GvsMG and the final battle of TOMG Angurius needed some retribution.
If I understand everything, Anguirus "sensed" the double ganger, and traveled to confront it, he called out for Godzilla, then attacked, and got the shit beat out of him

And I don't think Anguirus wanted to fight MechaG anymore... Let's see if you still want to fight after you get your jaw broken!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Angurius came out to by time for Godzilla so I'm sure he was expecting the beating he got. If it was me I would have added Angurius to the final battle of GvsMG and the final battle of TOMG Angurius needed some retribution.
If I understand everything, Anguirus "sensed" the double ganger, and traveled to confront it, he called out for Godzilla, then attacked, and got the shit beat out of him

And I don't think Anguirus wanted to fight MechaG anymore... Let's see if you still want to fight after you get your jaw broken!
Angurius followed MechaG from the start of the film.

Also Angruius's character is too never back down especially if Godzilla needs him. He'd fight MechaG and get his jaw broke 100's of times if it meant helping Godzilla. Gvs Gigan shows that.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Crimson_Raptor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Crimson_Raptor »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:... Go rewatch the film again :roll: , MechaG didn' "attack" him, he accidentally stepped and tripped over him!!!
I thought he tripped on him too, but Anguirus actually starts to get up from his hibernation before Mechagodzilla trips over him. Mostly likely awakened by the noise Mechagodzilla was creating.

Evidence presented here see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yAvTb0dBjc

Living Corpse wrote:I'm starting to think Anguirus might be an air head.
Would an airhead attack King Ghidorah first? :eh: Well, wait... bad example.
"Reach for the high apples first; you can get the low ones any time."

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

^ Showa Ghidorah was one crazy ass f*cker! And Megalon was sadly mentally -------- :cry:
Are there any other crazy kaiju... wait a minute... hold that thought...

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Living Corpse wrote:Gigan.

Desotoryah.

Possibly SpaceGo-, wait no he was in total control.

Megagurius.
Gigan: Hanging out with Meglan and Showa KG, Gigan has to has to be the brain of the group.

Destroyer: Not necessarily crazy, just sadist to the point of insanity.

SpaceG: agree, SpaceG is the Evil Genius of the series.

Megagurius: While she looked crazy she actually seemed pretty intelligent to me.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Living Corpse wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Megagurius: While she looked crazy she actually seemed pretty intelligent to me.
To be fair being smart and being crazy are not always mutually exclusive. :freak:
I made a thread about those stupid kaiju called Those Krazy Kaiju... check it out!!!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Living Corpse wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
To be fair being smart and being crazy are not always mutually exclusive. :freak:

Gigan seems normal until he decides to use his Buzzsaw on a building or when he's winning a fight against a monster, then suddenly it's like something in him snaps and he seems way, way to eager to cause suffering or see blood.
You do make a great point.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Even with Spare necks, I don't think any sane kaiju would want something clamped down on it's throat!

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Lain Of The Wired wrote: double ganger
..Lol. The word is doppelganger.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.