Anguirus' Change of Heart

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
JVM
Xilien Halfling

Anguirus' Change of Heart

Post by JVM »

Because it's been two years and people keep bumping this damn thread.
Last edited by JVM on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

HedorahLives
Monsterland Worker

Re: Anguirus' Change of Heart

Post by HedorahLives »

JVM wrote:In between Godzilla Raids Again and Godzilla vs. Gigan (from an in-universe standpoint) Godzilla and Anguirus go from mortal enemies to best friends. What caused the change of heart between the two monsters? Was this just a different Anguirus? Did they settle their differences?

Just looking for thoughts of possibly in-universe looks at it.
Different Anguirus. Usually, getting the throat ripped out and nuked usually equals death.
Are we sure the Angurius died in GRA? Sure, he was mortally wounded and burning like kindling, but...nevermind, you're probably right. Just like Showa Godzilla numero dos (the one from GRA to Terror of MG) ultimately became a kinder beast than the original Gojira, the second Angurius was similarly a more gentle creature, less interested in ripping Godzilla's throat out and trampling humanity.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

One of two things had to happen. 1) It's a different Anguirus. 2) Anguirus survived somehow and gained a respect for Godzilla that eventually grew into a friendship between the two.
Last edited by HayesAJones on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

HayesAJones wrote:One of two things had to happen. 1) Its a different Anguirus. 2) Anguirus survived somehow and gained a respect for Godzilla that eventually grew into a friendship between the two.
Aftering my ass kicked all over the place, I'd respect Godzilla too lol.

But with all joking aside, yeah it's probably 2.

Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

Post by Hedorah »

It is a different Anguirus
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."
I wrote: Fuck the Dave the isn't footings happen

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Godzilla became a hero, so Anguirus followed suit.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Different Anguirus. Not sure if there is an in-universe explanation for the sudden change.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I'm aware that canonically the first Anguirus died and the second is a new creature, but it still seems a little weird that a near identical creature shows up and becomes Godzilla's best friend.

I'm more looking for fan thoughts on what happened, since I know there's no canon explanation.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Mac
Samurai

Post by Mac »

The creators of the Showa Godzilla films did not plan for films to be intertwined. There is no true canon, merely obsessive theories.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Lamango, you actually managed to give a full explanation, thank you.
Ever since then, the two became Bros for Life. Putting bros before Hos. Anguirus' hatered for Ghidorah carried into DAM too. He was the first to charge him, then was followed by Gorosaurus, who never met Ghidorah before hand, which is odd, considering Rodan, Mothra, Godzilla and Anguirus all have fought Ghidorah, not Kumonga and Gorosaurus. And don't say the Monster Land staff was controlling them. The machine was out of order.
Sure it went something like...

"And then me and Rodan kicked his ass AGAIN."

"Wow, that guy sounds like a dick."

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

Different Anguirus. The one in GRA died.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

NebulaMSpacehunter
Samurai

Post by NebulaMSpacehunter »

Weeelllllllllllllllllll. The second showa godzilla was aggressive when he first appeared, but eventually became a hero towards Destroy All Monsters, after the mind control wore off and DAM and they helped each other kick Ghidrahs ass together, they became cool with each other and later got drunk that night and hit the strip club.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

There is only one king kong but the Anguirus Godzilla thing is in my oppion

1. Rodan was missing so Godzilla took Angurius as the ulitimate sheild. During the swim over and during and after the battle Godzilla and angurius became friends.

2.Godzilla, Milla defrosted and came to an island where Rodan was roosting since Godzilla would be looking for Rodan after their battle with Ghidorah. Angurius was already on the island and thus the 3 monsters bonded because by the time gigan, megalon and mechagodzilla came around Godzilla shows worrie when Angurius falls in that hole and When Angurius discovers MG is too much for him he tries to call Godzilla who rushes to the city to combat MG.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

miguelnuva wrote:There is only one king kong but the Anguirus Godzilla thing is in my oppion
The Kong in King Kong Escapes is only 20 meters, so there is no way its the same one that's in King Kong vs. Godzilla.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Arbok wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:There is only one king kong but the Anguirus Godzilla thing is in my oppion
The Kong in King Kong Escapes is only 20 meters, so there is no way its the same one that's in King Kong vs. Godzilla.
Yeah forgot about that.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

godzilla1996
Monsterland Worker

Post by godzilla1996 »

It could be either one. There never really was an explanation. I think it's the same one though. If Anguiras can survive being dropped thousands of feet , he can survive a little burns, and throat ripping.
Formerly known as godzilla2001.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Yeah moderators!
@ omgitsgodzilla, the double rainbow means that Godzilla is on some really good shit

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Legion1979 wrote:
godzilla1996 wrote:It could be either one. There never really was an explanation. I think it's the same one though. If Anguiras can survive being dropped thousands of feet , he can survive a little burns, and throat ripping.
The Angilas from Godzilla Raids Again is not the same one from Destroy all Monsters. That's the official word from Toho. Which means what the second Angilas could survive has no bearing on what the first one could survive. The Angilas from GRA got his neck chewed on (where is everyone getting that his throat was "ripped out"), was set on fire and stopped moving. He died. The point was to show that Godzilla killed him and this is acknowledged in the movie.

Please stop trying so hard to make everything fit.
dude, chill... its just for fun... it doesnt hurt anybody... if you dont care for the idea of continuity... leave the thread alone...

This is how i think the "species idea works...

4 godzillas: Godzilla 54 died, the new one raised in 55 and died in Son of Godzilla, Minilla from SoG became Godzilla in DAM and the minilla in DAM is an all new G in the making...

2 anguirus': 55 and the one from the rest of the showa series...

3 rodans: The first 2 died. maybe there was one more egg we didnt see...

2 Mandas: Maybe the 2 are different genders, DAM (Female) and Atragon (male)

Kumonga: i cant say anything... i havent seen SoG in a LONG TIME

1 Gorosaurus: The one from KKEs jaw healed

Kamacuras: ALOT, maybe theres a nest on Monster Island

Varan: i never saw varan so i dont know...

2 Baragons: The one from FCTW had its neck broken, unlike goro that wont heal easily...

Mothra: A good few... id count but im too lazy...

2 kongs: There is a good difference in size between the 2 toho kongs...
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

^ oh yea... forgot about scaling goro like i did kong... my bad,..

2 goros
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

DrKaiju1954
G-Grasper

Post by DrKaiju1954 »

Its definatly a different Anguirus.Nothing could survive getting its troat ripped out and burned.The new Anguirus and Goji were more mellow then before.
"You're trespassing in my reality. Ask permission next time."

Arrow
Gotengo Officer

Post by Arrow »

Of course the truth probably is that, by 1968, Toho just didn't care anymore...

I go in for the "different Angurius" theory, myself.