Who should have won?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.

The winner should have been...

Total votes: 0

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Re: Who should have won?

Post by Beef Bigshot »

While I wish Godzilla would have one, I can live with the fact that Kong had to go super saiyan in order to barely be able to beat him. For the entire movie it establishes that Godzilla is superior,but in the end Kong barely gets away with a win. I can live with it...even though it ruined my childhood

EDIT: oh ya, when talking about that Godzilla lost, you have to consider that at the time Godzilla was considered a bad guy. His past two movie established this, and even the next movie he is in, he is the bad guy. This probably attributed to his loss
Resized Image

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

But Kong was a bad guy too- he destroys Japan as well and even steals that girl and climbs the capitol building with her. And destroys some of Tokyo too.
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Dr. Nishiyama wrote:In 1962 King Kong was more loved in Japan than Godzilla, not to mention more popular. In the official movie programs by Toho it stated Kong was the victor. No draw. Kong won.
Word of God is illegitimate. Go by what's in the film.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. The film hints at Kong coming out on top, but it's ambiguous. Caring that much about who wins in a battle between these two iconic monsters is a waste of time, and we should just enjoy the fun of the film.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

Goji62 forever!
But I know this has been said before but they should have shown Godzilla whipping King Kong under water in the credits! That would have been funny. :lol: Awesome too!

And Kong was more popular in Japan then so...
This is the beginning of the end.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I agree with Jomei.

When you think about the film, KK was the good guy. In most films, the good guy wins, but this fight probably ended in draw. Godzilla wanted to get away from the electric shocks, and Kong lost his advantage in the water. Thus, both monsters abandoned the fight. Kong surfacing just looks like a win.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

kiryuzilla
Terminated
Terminated

Post by kiryuzilla »

To all the Godzilla fangirls complaining that he should have won, just shut it. You saw a skreeonking official Toho confirmation! And if you keep complaining about it, then you know you lost this argument, just like Godzilla lost the fight. Sorry truth neglecters, but sometimes you just gotta deal with the truth. Kong won. End of discussion.
Known as KingKong19100
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMxokP ... G3cPzAWKlQ
Website: http://kingkong19100.wordpress.com/2014 ... -complete/
Checkout my YouTube channel, I make 3D animations of King Kong and Godzilla that everyone would enjoy! Okay...I'm gonna go now *pushes a pull-only door* HahaGod do I wish someone loved mehaha

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

It really says a lot when Godzilla is winning the poll.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

three
Keizer

Post by three »

MDK wrote:It really says a lot when Godzilla is winning the poll.

This poll would have been more enlightening following the movie itself, I feel. Godzilla has come a long way from those days. I don't really care for the official stance because it's not reflective of public opinion, plus it's ambiguous on tape, but were a bit biased down the line.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

It says that most Godzilla fans just can't deal.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Legion1979 wrote:
It says that most Godzilla fans just can't deal.

Haha. A bit extreme, yea? They wanna believe Godzilla won. It's evidence of the times.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

Kong was more popular an well known in japan and the second oldest kaiju.
The first would be the brontosaurus from The Lost World.
I'm fine with a gorilla who can suddenly use lightning to his advantages against a nuclear dinosaur winning.
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.