Monster Discussion #37: King Caesar (Showa)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Shadow
Futurian

Re: Monster Discussion #37: King Caesar (Showa)

Post by Shadow »

Legion1979 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:MechaG only whooped his a$$ because he had weapons. Caesar was able to take him on physically but when MechaG used his rockets and chest beam Caesar was screwed.
...but MG was still manhandling Seasar pretty badly even without weapons. I don't think MG would have needed missiles or energy beams to kick King Seasar's ass.
I agree, MG is good in hand-to-hand combat as well as weaponry. A deadly mixture which almost killed Caesar if not for the reappearance of Godzilla.
Caesar proves that if you're asleep long enough, you get rusty in your fighting capability. MG was too much for Caesar.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Carthormerr
Interpol Agent

Post by Carthormerr »

Shadow wrote:I agree, MG is good in hand-to-hand combat as well as weaponry. A deadly mixture which almost killed Caesar if not for the reappearance of Godzilla. Caesar proves that if you're asleep long enough, you get rusty in your fighting capability. MG was too much for Caesar.
And to be fair to KC, MG pretty much handily beat everyone he came across, and would probably have beaten G a 2nd time if if weren't for the magnet trick
"A monster can live forever"

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Well to be perfectly honest with you, I think MG could march through just about every kaiju in the showa series besides godzilla, which was still close had it not been for his newly aquired magnetism. On another note however, it seemed the black hole aliens were well knowledgeable on KC. The commander states that KC may bring other monsters to life. Is this some power he may possess but didnt utilize such as Geronimon from ultraman?

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

gigan72 wrote: Can you post a picture of the one that you describe?
I know there is a picture ive found on the internet of KC possessing what appears to be actual eyes as opposed to the gems.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Sadly, I can't post any pictures because I'm a noob like that, but I'll post the links.

The version with the dog jaw. (The first picture you see.)
godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/King_Caesar

The one that actually appears in the movie.
http://monsterarchives.proboards.com/thread/81

See the contrast?
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Gooberzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Gooberzilla »

I love King Seesar!

Angilas, Godzilla and King Seesar all had a one on one fight with Mechagodzilla in the 1974 film, but I thought King Seesar held his own the best out of the three. Although as the fight went on King Seesar started to get owned by MG LOL
“The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control, and not the other way around.” "Let them fight."

Carthormerr
Interpol Agent

Post by Carthormerr »

TyrantGojira wrote:Sadly, I can't post any pictures because I'm a noob like that, but I'll post the links.

See the contrast?
Do you mean the one that says from Godzilla Island?

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

gigan72 wrote:
TyrantGojira wrote:Sadly, I can't post any pictures because I'm a noob like that, but I'll post the links.

See the contrast?
Link to dog jaw doesn't work. Please try to post it again.
I just found ou that his bio on the main website (of our forums) has the picture in his bio. Or just look up King Ceasar on google and you can see both pictures on the same page.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

gigan72 wrote:I must be blind. I have to see them side by side to see a difference.
Like I said, try looking up showa King Caesar on google images, it will show you.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

I know exactly which one he is talking about. Like I said before, he's sporting actual eyes in it, unlike the red gems in the film. And the muzzle does look maybe a tad longer.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

What exactly did they mean in the movie when they said he could revive other monsters? I always assumed as a kid it just meant he could rally monster together kinda like Mothra did in GTHM.

Carthormerr
Interpol Agent

Post by Carthormerr »

NSZ wrote:Didn't the prophecy say something about King Caesar and another monster awakening to defeat MechaGodzilla?

Maybe the aliens just assumed KC could bring other monsters to life since the prophecy only mentions how to wake him.
Yep, seemed like they were making that assumption from reading the prophesy

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Well, you could kinda look at it like this...

Perhaps the prophecy had already started taking affect, King Caesar (yes, I know he was still sleeping at this point) brought back Anguirus who attacked Mechagodzilla, and Anguirus brought Godzilla, or perhaps King Caesar brought back Godzilla and Anguirus
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

An interesting point of view. However, it's just a poor translation.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

GojiraFan1999
Yojimbo

Post by GojiraFan1999 »

King Caesar Is A Bad-ASS!!!!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Against a foe that wasn't armed to the teeth, KC would be an effective fighter.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

edgaguirus wrote:Against a foe that wasn't armed to the teeth, KC would be an effective fighter.

People tend do ignore the fact that mecha g was one of G's toughest enemies. KC against most other Kaiju would hold his own just fine. He's a scrapper! He surprisingly agile considering how much he weighs.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

As much as I like KC, I do find it funny that the human cast spends most of the film trying to awake him, only to get his ass kicked when he does.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Even Godzilla was getting his ass handed to him until he went magnet.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I really like Ceasar. I think the reason he doesn't get much love is that he simply hasn't had much time to shine. He held his own extremely well against MechaGodzilla, but was ultimately defeated. The only other Godzilla film he's been in was Final Wars, which I don't remember because I haven't re-watched it yet, but I assume his appearance in that film was really minor. If Toho makes another Godzilla series, I'd definitely love for Ceasar to have a bigger role. Maybe a two-vs-two battle, with Godzilla and Ceasar taking on two of Godzilla's enemies.