Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
User avatar
Showa Gyaos
Keizer
Posts: 8538
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: West Virginia

Re: zone fighter the strongest kaiju in the showa era

Postby Showa Gyaos » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:19 am

I don't think Zone Fighter could take out Hedorah unless the Japanese National Guard helped him.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.


Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

User avatar
Kubo
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10811
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Terok Nor
Contact:

Re: zone fighter the strongest kaiju in the showa era

Postby Kubo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:13 pm

Hedorah needs to be dehydrated and Godzilla would never have won that fight had the JSDF provided the electric current to kill or weaken Hedorah enough for Godzilla finish the job. Zone Fighter NEEDS the JSDF for Hedorah. I believe that is the only time he might need some form of help...but then again he almost lost to Shadorah and Jipuardo (I think that's their names) and Jellar in the tv series, but thanks to Godzilla and some help from Zone Angel & Zone Junior, he was able to win.

Zone fighter has his weak points...
Your friendly neighborhood tailor (definitely not a spy)
___________________________________________
Mystery Fiction Readers 3000: The Return
Next Episode Airs August 4th @ 10:00 pm EST in the Fan Fiction Forum
NEW EPISODE OUT NOW!
New Episode Every Saturday!
Thread

Twitter: @Dead_Ed_Lemmik
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

User avatar
GodzillaFan1992
Futurian
Posts: 1991
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:50 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Postby GodzillaFan1992 » Wed May 14, 2014 5:12 pm

Such hypocrites Toho are. They complain about Daei ripping them off by making Gamera, yet they completely rip-off Ultraman by creating Zone Fighter. -_-

User avatar
Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5474
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Postby Godzillian » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:26 pm

GodzillaFan1992 wrote:Such hypocrites Toho are. They complain about Daei ripping them off by making Gamera, yet they completely rip-off Ultraman by creating Zone Fighter. -_-


Toho really is shameless haha Anyone else wish Zone Fighter got used more? He is pretty cool.
Image

User avatar
he-ba
Interpol Agent
Posts: 552
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:16 am
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Postby he-ba » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:25 am

I honestly never really liked Zone Fighter. I don't know why......
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........




I don't know even know what a he-ba is......



HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Ōei
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:45 am

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Postby Ōei » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:59 pm

I saw some zone fighter eps a few months ago... I feel like people really over hype it just because it's made by toho.

User avatar
kamilleblu
G-Grasper
Posts: 1354
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:46 pm

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Postby kamilleblu » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:42 pm

How did Zone Fighter's first episode manage to have better production values than Godzilla vs. Megalon?

User avatar
he-ba
Interpol Agent
Posts: 552
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:16 am
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Postby he-ba » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:28 am

Seriously? Wow.......
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........




I don't know even know what a he-ba is......



HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 2149
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:56 am
Location: Tommy Wiseau's Green Prostate

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Postby Young Guy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:41 am

Zone Fighter is too mainstream. I prefer Godman aka Greenman

[Pic]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... agreen.jpg[/Pic]

But seriously, people who call JJ an Ultraman rip-off have never seen this guy! He's still pretty awesome though. Didn't Namco Bandai say that there's a good chance that Zone Fighter could appear in their Godzilla fighter? (that's if they make one.)

User avatar
Living Corpse
Keizer
Posts: 8546
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:45 am

Young Guy wrote: Didn't Namco Bandai say that there's a good chance that Zone Fighter could appear in their Godzilla fighter? (that's if they make one.)


They said they wanted to put him, Grand King Ghidorah and Monster X in but Hedorah took up resources and time to animate. Hell JJ is only in because one guy worked on him in secret and showed him off when he already finished him. There's always a sequel, if one gets made.
Image

User avatar
ILL GREEN
Futurian
Posts: 1527
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:41 pm
Location: C'mon, you know where
Contact:

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Postby ILL GREEN » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:04 pm

I wish I can get the episodes on bluray or dvd but originals are close to four figures and the bootlegs on ebay seem shady by looking at the feedback.

User avatar
Megalon-5
G-Grasper
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:11 pm
Location: The Cave of the Past

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Postby Megalon-5 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Eh, he's okay. He's got a badass theme song and the Meteor Missile Might is pretty damn badass, but in terms of Toho's various Ultraman-like heroes, Jet's the best one imo.
"Someone could walk up to me with a loaded gun to my head and threaten "let go of TK or you will die!" You'd think I'd let go then? No. I would demand he just do it."-Alienhulk

Image

Shannon Squid
Interpol Agent
Posts: 602
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:43 pm

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Postby Shannon Squid » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:50 am

Aside from some random clips I saw on Dailymotion...Don't really have much to go on to form much of an opinion on him...other than he's kinda cool.



I'd kinda hesitate to use the "ripoff" label that much. As there where so many back then it practically spawned the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyodai_Hero subgenre. Shame you don't see many more these days other than the eponymous Ultras.

User avatar
ThunderScore
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:13 am

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Postby ThunderScore » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:39 pm

Image

edgaguirus
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5370
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Postby edgaguirus » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:52 pm

From what I've seen, Zone Fighter and his series are worth a look. It's entertaining, if nothing else.
Kaiju are just like people- giant, radioactive people.

Megalon went into a bar and saw Gigan. Megalon said, " Again? I thought you gave this up."
" What can I say," Gigan asked. " I'm hooked."

User avatar
WeegeeZilla
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:49 am
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Postby WeegeeZilla » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:31 am

I'd definitely import a ZF DVD if one was ever made. From what I've heard, the series is actually really good, and I've always wanted to give it a watch.
Some might say that life is a great challenge, and something insurmountably difficult. I say to that, "Bring it on."


User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5228
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:43 am

Ive only seen small clips on YouTube, and from what ive gathered Zone Fighter is pretty cool. Its really awesome that a few episodes show what Godzilla was doing between GvMegalon and GvMechagodzilla. I really like Zone's attacks such as the meteor missles. I just wish I could find full episodes. There is only one thing I dont like about him, he skreeonking killed Gigan!!! I just thought the Showa Gigan fled back to space to never be seen again.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

User avatar
WeegeeZilla
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:49 am
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Postby WeegeeZilla » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:06 am

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Ive only seen small clips on YouTube, and from what ive gathered Zone Fighter is pretty cool. Its really awesome that a few episodes show what Godzilla was doing between GvMegalon and GvMechagodzilla. I really like Zone's attacks such as the meteor missles. I just wish I could find full episodes. There is only one thing I dont like about him, he skreeonking killed Gigan!!! I just thought the Showa Gigan fled back to space to never be seen again.


At least he has the excuse of landing a coup de grace on Gigan, since Godzilla utterly curbstomped Gigan earlier in the episode.
Some might say that life is a great challenge, and something insurmountably difficult. I say to that, "Bring it on."


User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5228
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:10 am

WeegeeZilla wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Ive only seen small clips on YouTube, and from what ive gathered Zone Fighter is pretty cool. Its really awesome that a few episodes show what Godzilla was doing between GvMegalon and GvMechagodzilla. I really like Zone's attacks such as the meteor missles. I just wish I could find full episodes. There is only one thing I dont like about him, he skreeonking killed Gigan!!! I just thought the Showa Gigan fled back to space to never be seen again.


At least he has the excuse of landing a coup de grace on Gigan, since Godzilla utterly curbstomped Gigan earlier in the episode.

Godzilla did? Huh I guess Zone just put him out of his misery.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

User avatar
WeegeeZilla
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:49 am
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Monster Discussion #35: Zone Fighter

Postby WeegeeZilla » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:14 am

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Godzilla did? Huh I guess Zone just put him out of his misery.


Yep! Gigan fled Godzilla again, only to be immediately called by the Garogas to fight Zone without even being repaired. As you can expect, he didn't last long as a result.
Some might say that life is a great challenge, and something insurmountably difficult. I say to that, "Bring it on."



Return to “Showa Series (1930's-1970's)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests