Lost Projects: Godzilla vs. Hedorah II

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Gigantis
Sazer

Lost Projects: Godzilla vs. Hedorah II

Post by Gigantis »

Well i meant to make this topic a while ago but forgot. Oops. :lol:
https://www.tohokingdom.com/cutting_roo ... rah_2.html

I quite like this idea, moreso than Godzilla vs. Hitodah. I really love giving Hedorah another big role (and not just a poopy cameo where he easily gets squashed) and seeing Godzilla get out of Japan is pretty cool. Too bad we don't have much more information on it however.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Lost Projects: Godzilla vs. Hedorah II

Post by Terasawa »

It's definitely an interesting idea but unfortunately there was no way this was going to be made with a primarily non-Japanese setting.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Of all the unmade Godzilla films, this is the one I wish that I could wish into existence. I'd love to see Banno helm another Godzilla film, I'd love to see Hedorah again and I think the African setting would have been interesting, especially if we got a mixed African/Japanese cast. I understand why it never happened, but I think it would've had a lot of potential had Tanaka been willing to procure the necessary budget.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’m just going to say it. I’m not that big of a fan of Hedorah. I’m happy we got ToMG instead.
For Emperor and Empire!

Crazy Jim Films
Monarch Researcher

Post by Crazy Jim Films »

I don't know if I would have wanted another match between the two but Hedorah showing up as an accompanying baddie like Gigan did in Megalon would have been cool.
Check out the PG version of my short film, "Destroy All Sisters".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNVCmLaqznA&t=1s

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I can't imagine the Africa setting being pulled off super well either given the undeniably low budget this would have had. I'm certain Chico Lourant and/or Willie Dorsey would have had fairly large roles in the movie.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Crazy Jim Films wrote:I don't know if I would have wanted another match between the two but Hedorah showing up as an accompanying baddie like Gigan did in Megalon would have been cool.
I don't think Hedorah would work in that capacity. She's very much a standalone threat, not the kind of monster to be "rented" by an evil organization to help their own monster beat Godzilla and friends.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Crazy Jim Films
Monarch Researcher

Post by Crazy Jim Films »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: I don't think Hedorah would work in that capacity. She's very much a standalone threat, not the kind of monster to be "rented" by an evil organization to help their own monster beat Godzilla and friends.
I think the good and the bad of the Showa series and its loose continuity is that it allows a lot of creative liberty to be taken with the monsters in regards to filling the needs of the story of the film they are in. The movies seem to constantly disregard established elements of prior entries and alter behavior based on where a particular story is going. The Showa universe can either be overflowing with countless monsters or seemingly only occupied by a select few.

Hedorah really only has one film so it is difficult to gage in what capacity it would work but if I use the same suspension of disbelief that gets me into buying that Mothra, the benevolent God and protector of Infant Island in pretty much every other film, can suddenly be captured and held captive on Monster Island without it being a problem and then controlled by aliens to destroy cities and kill innocent humans, I think a story can be put together where it is believable that aliens can take control of Hedorah as well.
Check out the PG version of my short film, "Destroy All Sisters".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNVCmLaqznA&t=1s