Is Zone Fighter canon to the Showa era?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Is Zone Fighter canon to the Showa era?

Postby Zarm » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:00 pm

KaijuKing1998 wrote:According to Wikizilla its cannon. Taking place between Megalon and Mechagodzilla. But I wonder where Zone Fighter was during Destroy all Monsters. :freak:

Presumably, the same place that he was during the events of Mechagodzilla. Hopefully either retired, or at home somewhere else in space... rather than the less pleasant alternative possibilities of why he was no longer around...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:12 pm

I mean, you can't really say Zone Fighter isn't in continuity with the movies because "Well, where was Zone Fighter in the Mechagodzilla movies or Destroy All Monsters?" because that applies to the movies themselves: Where was Jet Jaguar in the Mechagodzilla movies? Where was King Caesar in Terror of Mechagodzilla? Where were King Kong and Ebirah in Destroy All Monsters? Where were Rodan, Mothra, Anguirus, Gorosaurus, Baragon, Minya, etc. in every movie they weren't in?
Last edited by TitanoGoji16 on Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Postby Chris55 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:31 am

TitanoGoji16 wrote:I mean, you can't really say Zone Fighter isn't in continuity with the movies because "Well, where was Zone Fighter in the Mechagodzilla movies or Destroy All Monsters?" because that applies to the movies themselves: Where was Jet Jaguar in the Mechagodzilla movies? Where was King Caesar in Terror of Mechagodzilla? Where were King Kong and Ebirah in Destroy All Monsters? Where were Rodan, Mothra, Anguirus, Gorosaurus, Baragon, Minya, etc. in every movie they weren't in?

They all had better things to do. Godzilla doesn't own them. They got their own lives.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Gojirawars 03
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Gojirawars 03 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:21 am

I think it's supposed to be, as it doesn't kill off King Ghidorah (to keep to continuity with DAM), but does kill off Gigan (who had already been in GvGigan and GvMegalon by that time).
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9RqfL3pOgHr78nzbs-FQ

AllosaurHell
Samurai

Postby AllosaurHell » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:02 pm

Definitely canon, just simply Godzilla and Zone Fighter had their own separate issues in life to deal with which would explain why Zone never showed up in the later Showa films.
"Listen, it's a free country. It's not rent-free country."
- Mr. Ditkovich from Spider-Man 3.

Check out my YouTube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNmWOVX-6Whjz3BPwEMXG0Q https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYySx8TfhJp16vDvNTvTlRQ

Return to “Showa Series (1930's-1970's)”