What if the Oxygen Destroyer fell into the governments hands? (Showa edition)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

What if the Oxygen Destroyer fell into the governments hands? (Showa edition)

Post by darthzilla99 »

Say Ogata or Emiko successfully and secretly stole the blue prints of the Oxygen Destroyer without Serizawa realizing it. Serizawa goes on to sacrifice himself to kill Shodai Godzilla. How would the rest of the Showa series play out? Would the Oxygen Destroyer kill most of the kaiju? Discuss. I will later do a heisei version.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Re: What if the Oxygen Destroyer fell into the governments hands? (Showa edition)

Post by Gojira1604 »

Ogata or Emiko would be some fake friends

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Re: What if the Oxygen Destroyer fell into the governments hands? (Showa edition)

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Japan undergoes a military coup and attacks mainland Asia, seeking to restablish the empire. They mass produce the weapon, leaving their enemies (human and kaiju alike) powerless to stop them.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I see the government keeping the weapon secret, and then pulling it out later to kill Varan. The Obaki monster is killed, but then word of the weapon leaks out. Japan denies the weapon, but foreign intelligence agents manage to gain information about it, or worse, a small sample of the device. Sooner or later, the weapon ends up being used in war, causing catastrophic damage to the ocean environment. It might be worse. Someone studying the device might find a way to make it work in the air. It could be the end of mankind.
Last edited by edgaguirus on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

They use it against Godzilla and Anguirus in RA, and all of a sudden Anguirus grabs onto Godzilla and says "Uggggh I don't feel so good, Godzilla", as they both disenigrate.

On a more serious note, humanity and kaiju alike would be done for. I could see Mothra and the fairies maybe persuading mankind not to use it, but it'll be hard to pull off.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Could the OD kill the Space Monsters like Gigan, King Ghidorah, and Hedorah? Also, would any of the Alien invaders take over humanity?
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I feel like it would be ineffective against Space Monsters. Though, one could argue we see Ghidorah and Gigan flying as "pod" things, so who knows if they "need" oxygen.

Hedorah, no way it would be effective.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Showa Destroyah or bust.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

There would be a new arms race to weaponize the oxygen destroyer, testing leads to massive deaths to life in the oceans. Soon the whole ocean ecosystem is thrown out of whack, life in the oceans dies out and all life on Earth will follow shortly.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

If any one nation would try to get their hands on the tech, it would be either the United States or the Soviet Union. I'm leaning more towards the US though, if they had a presence in Japan back then like we do today. Either way it would open a whole new door to WMDs based on the Oxygen Destroyer tech. If we take that tidbit from Godzilla vs Destroyah, it could wipe an entire city like Tokyo clean of life if used on land. In that regard, it's almost if not just as bad as a nuke.

It would absolutely be used on other monsters as a last resort, as well as enemy nations of provoked.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

And if the soviet Union got the device, it would prove just as bad. imagine the Cuban Missile Crisis like this; Soviets order the blockade to end, and the U.s refuses. The Soviets then activates the device in the Caribbean as a demonstration of power. It could be the start of WW3.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Eventually Mothra would just wage war against humanity.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

It would actually be pretty interesting, whether or not Japan could hold on to the Oxygen Destroyer or not. The monsters left in the universe would be mainly flying monsters like Rodan, or Mothra maybe King Kong would be safe since he's on a island all by himself

But ultimately it would all be for as without Godzilla, Mothra would lose to King Ghidorah and King Ghidorah would ultimately destroy the entire world.

Even under the idea that Japan is somehow able to use the Oxygen Destroyer on King Ghidorah and either defeat him or drive him away. You still have all the other alien races and their monsters like MechaGodzilla, the second King Ghidorah, Gigan, and so on

Ultimately it boils down to two paths. Either Earth will be able to use the Oxygen Destroyer to drive the Aliens away at the cost of greater destruction then what the monsters did, or the Earth falls under the tyranny of any of the alien races that attacked after 1954

And considering how Humanity was more or less powerless to stop the alien attacks prior. Even with the Oxygen Destroyer I don't see them repelling them

I wonder what effect it would have on Hedorah
Last edited by ROMG4 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I suppose it might work on Hedorah. The device splits the O2 atoms into liquid, according to the description. If somehow used inside Hedorah. it could possibly break down the oxygen atoms of the water that makes up most of Hedorah, and that would destroy the monster. Maybe.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

They would be using it as a weapon of mass destruction and following the trend of "science screwing things up", they would eventually create Destoroyah. In this era, Destoroyah would be nearly unstoppable. Mechagodzilla would be the biggest threat, but while there's no reason to assume it can completely defeat it.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Given Destoroyah existed on the bottom of Tokyo Bay regardless of what happens, having a bunch of Oxygen Destroyers weaponized would result in a whole bunch of Destoroyah globally. Not just a few dozen, but hundreds to thousands. Even if freezing technology is made and Zone Fighter arrives to help, sheer numbers could mean doomsday. Any surviving life would be derived from Destoroyah, effectively meaning we'd have a Planet of the Monsters with Destoroyah Earth.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Desghidorah wrote:Given Destoroyah existed on the bottom of Tokyo Bay regardless of what happens, having a bunch of Oxygen Destroyers weaponized would result in a whole bunch of Destoroyah globally. Not just a few dozen, but hundreds to thousands. Even if freezing technology is made and Zone Fighter arrives to help, sheer numbers could mean doomsday. Any surviving life would be derived from Destoroyah, effectively meaning we'd have a Planet of the Monsters with Destoroyah Earth.
Well actually Destroyah doesn't exist in the Showa Era

Now Heisei Era is a different question but all things considered Destroyah isn't actually too much of an issue really for G-Force

Considering the Japanese government can construct two mechas once Destroyah's vulnerability to cold was discovered they would just get some cold units up and Destroyah would be toast

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu