what people like about showa

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Maximum power Maguma
Yojimbo

what people like about showa

Post by Maximum power Maguma »

Hi I wanted to make this thread because people got really angry at me and I dont know why. I want to know so I made this thread.. you see I thought that the heisei age was the best and the most coolest of all in the godzilla movies. people wanted me to see the showa movies, but I'd say that was before people knowed how to make movies and before realism in monster movies became a thing. before that they mad all the movies with serious tone in showa era really boring and in black and white which made me fall a sleep and not wake up until later when godzilla appeared and did stuff but he never destroyed any monsters wich mad me sad and bored..

I did see some of the older more kidie movies at my uncles house. he likes the old movies alot and showed me a really good one. but it did not have godzilla so it does not count any way.

The one god movie he showed me was godzilla vs hedoreah and I didn't like it. godzilla looked dumb and lame and had big goofy mickey the mouse eyes and does weird unrealistic stuff like grabing balls and stuff. hedreah is not a good villain either he looks like a weird doggy that got in contamination and is really week and not a good villain. then he becomes a flying silver egg and runs off like a coward. then he becomes weirder and burns godzilla up which is really bloody and scared me and my uncle alot. also big boy hedreah reminds me of bad memories I do not want to get in to right now. any way all the monsters in that monster movies are not scarry are not good people are not fun and most of all are not cool or realistic.

and here is where I get to the poin. another movie like godzilla vs space godzilla is really good and awersome. it is because it is realistic and has a scientific plot. it makes sense in the real world and could very much happen tommrow!!?!!?!!?!??!?1??! :shock: :shock: :shock: :freak: :freak: X_X

The fact that it involves and monster that evolved from space and had dna sequensizers is really a good step for the scientific world of movies. I think my point is that heisei movies were way more scientific when making movies and payed attention to what would happen in the real world. also pace godzilla is a way better villain because he does a lot more evil stuff than hodreerah without being to bloody and scary.

so i ask you why do you like showa era? it isn't realistic and it is not of good quality, they are kidie movies and I don't like them. prove me wrong.
Image Image

When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Re: what people like about showa

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Yeah... sorry, this thread just reeks of trolling and lack of understanding. Locking it because this is just pure fuel for the fire bait.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!