So there where two King Ghidorahs in the showa series

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: So there where two King Ghidorahs in the showa series

Post by BlankAccount »

King of the Monsters wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Coming back to this in Zone Fighter didn't the Garoga claim to have created Ghidorah? Maybe the second Ghidorah is a clone or something. It would give credence to the Garoga's statement.
Myself and some other users on Wikizilla have gone through the episodes of Zone Fighter with King Ghidorah and could find no mention of them having created King Ghidorah. They only say they have "recruited" King Ghidorah into the ranks of their Terror-Beasts. I have no idea where the rumor of the Garogas having created King Ghidorah originated.
I've seen it in some subs, it could have been a mistranslation or misunderstanding on the subers part.

And again I still feel it takes away from King Ghidorah's special-ness by not making him one of a kind.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Ivo-goji wrote:So the presence of a second Ghidorah serves no explanatory or re-interpretive basis at all.

It's literally there for no reason.
It explains why Ghidorah goes from having Godzilla and Rodan struggle against him to Godzilla and Zone Fighter beating him one on one other than plot.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Yeah, I'm still not with this whole two KG's idea. There's only one.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I also find it funny that he is 'less powerful,' despite, via stock footage, essentially accomplishing everything onscreen that the 'first' did. :) I don't even think he was weaker in durability; if anything, he stayed around to endure more punishment this time around, before fleeing. Maybe he was a little less aggressive in the battle, but not to a huge degree; and they use more of the footage (I've literally been reviewing all three films today for an editing project) where Godzilla wades right in and gets too close to shoot, so you could chalk the differing performance up to Godzilla's experience in Ghidorah's tactics; he knows how to counter the worst of it by neutralizing the distance advantage, so he is able to handle Ghidorah solo when before he needed allies. And as for Zone Fighter, they had three fights, the last in an environment specifically detrimental to Ghidorah to give Zone an advantage... and one might say that's just a benchmark indicating his strength rather than Ghidorah's weakness. I mean, the guy frequently blows kaiju the heck up, just straight up annihilating them; 'second' Ghidorah went three rounds with him, got a broken neck but not critical damage when in an unfavorable environment and a fight that included reflecting his own strength back at him... that's not really a shabby performance.

All in all, there's no real problem that the retcon fixes, and the inconsistencies between the two are a matter of reputation more than reality when you really analyze the fights. Ghidorah's as strong as he ever was; he's just facing stronger and more experienced opponents... and taking more punishment because, unlike usual, he doesn't run away so readily.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

I always thought that there was only one King Ghidorah. I'm kind of confused now. Where did the second King Ghidorah come from?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

HillyHulk wrote:I always thought that there was only one King Ghidorah. I'm kind of confused now. Where did the second King Ghidorah come from?
Toho decided for some dumb reason 70's Ghidorah was a second incarnation.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

miguelnuva wrote:
HillyHulk wrote:I always thought that there was only one King Ghidorah. I'm kind of confused now. Where did the second King Ghidorah come from?
According to a book. Mostly due to Ghidorah dying in DAM, and someone not noticing that it was set in the future, and 70s appearance happened before it.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Zarm wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
According to a book. Mostly due to Ghidorah dying in DAM, and someone not noticing that it was set in the future, and 70s appearance happened before it.
It was mentioned earlier in the thread that there multiple sources that mention the second Ghidorah, but they don't follow the logic that DAM took place before the 70s films (because the actual reasoning behind it makes even less sense than that).
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

The obsession with trying to make sense of Showa canon when it was either written decades after the fact or with the intent to make it easy to ignore the predecessors is hilarious.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.