Theories on How King Kong's Electricity Weakened Godzilla?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Theories on How King Kong's Electricity Weakened Godzilla?

Post by KingKong2005 »

Hey guys, not sure there's a thread for this but I wanted to bring it to your attention. I was wondering about a way Godzilla could have been weakened by Kong's, but it's simple and it might be the only answer.

Theory #1: Kong may have absorbed billions upon billions of electricity and it may have been too much for Godzilla. Trillions, maybe even quadrillions, it just might have been too much for Godzilla to handle.

Theory #2: I just came up with this, but I think maybe the way Kong's body works is that the electricity in his body differs form what he absorbs. Once it's in his body it acts as a weakening power for other kaiju, so that's how Godzilla was weakened.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any other theories on how Godzilla was weakened by the electricity (besides PIS, for both monsters).
Image Image

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Re: Theories on How King Kong's Electricity Weakened Godzilla?

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

It was established earlier in the movie that Godzilla has an aversion to electricity, thus Kong pumped him up with it and kicked his ass with it. Kong probably shocked Godzilla with millions of volts and it was too much to handle.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:It was established earlier in the movie that Godzilla has an aversion to electricity, thus Kong pumped him up with it and kicked his ass with it. Kong probably shocked Godzilla with millions of volts and it was too much to handle.
Yeah but he destroys cities, I think something in his body makes it multiply drastically into the trillions. That would be too much for Godzilla I think. I should have specified, any theories that make sense for Godzilla to be weakened since he destroys cities and probably receives millions upon millions.
Image Image

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Part of me thinks that Godzilla wasn't 'weakened' per say, but rather irritated by it. Similar to getting stung by nettles.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I agree. It didn't weaken him, but it caused him great pain. If you can distract your enemy in battle( in this case, through pain) , it will usually give you the advantage. And it's natural for an organism to want to get away from what's causing the pain.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

I would like to point out that once the lightning struck Kong, most of the lightning seemed to head towards him and Godzilla and the storm soon disappeared. Since neither monster would have the running speed(at least until Godzilla become quicker during the 70s) to get out of the range of a thunder storm, I assume King Kong absorbed all of the electricity in the storm and utilized it against Godzilla, who wouldn't become immune to such high voltages until 1966.
The original only faced 50,000 volts during his rampage, while Kong's voltage is most likely in the millions, leagues above what a Godzilla would previously be resistant to, overexposure to around 90 million volts of artificial lightning would grant Showa Goji his immunity (the three towers firing 30 million volts each during MvsG)
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Also, I think fur conducts electricity and scales don't.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I'm not sure about that, but I now wonder how much static cling Kong has to put up with.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.