Showa Theories

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
tlyon2
Yojimbo

Showa Theories

Post by tlyon2 »

If you got any theories share them here, Here is one of mine.

I think the previous crew that was on Matango Island may have been funded at least in part by Rolisica along with other countries such as Japan, Paris & china among others. I bet money that Rolisica set the crew up with all that new fancy equipment, who else but them at the time could have such advance equipment being given and used by the crew.

Does anyone think Rolisica was at least partly responsible for this secret expedition and how things went so horribly wrong for the crew?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Showa Theories

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Not much of a theory but I believe a new Gargantuan would arise sometime in the Showa verse, im talking about any piece of Gaira from the maser attack in the forest.

Anguirus survived his battle with Godzilla in 1955, and decided to team up with Godzilla, Rodan, etc. after learning about what happened in GTTHM.

One of the assassins in GTTHM was secretly a BHP3 in disguise, and sent information about Godzilla to his leaders.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Not all of these are mine, but I quite like them:

Goro Ibuki hails from Latitude Zero, hence his incredible ability to create a size-changing robot. He was either exiled for falling for a surface-dweller (Hiroshi) or escaped on his own due to being fed up with them not helping the people of the surface.

King Kong Escapes is set some time after 1967 (Maybe around the 1980s). Kong is treated as more of a myth due to him only appearing once in 1962, never to be seen again. Mechani Kong could have been designed as a tool of combating the various monsters that attacked Earth, only for the blueprints to fall into Dr. Who's hands. The Kong seen could possibly be the son of the original given his smaller size. After Kong's battle in Tokyo, a crew was sent to Mondo Island to capture Kong and place him on Monsterland, only for him to not be found. Instead, they brought back Gorosaurus.

After the moon's destruction in Gorath, the people of Earth were able to negotiate with the Xillians (With help from Planet X Ambassador Glenn, of course) to lend them one of Planet X's moons in exchange for water or something else valuable to the planet's people.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

I theorize that Minilla in Son of Godzilla was born prematurely, and suffers from birth defects. Kamacuras opens his egg before it's ready to hatch, and we never see Minilla look older in Destroy All Monsters (which takes place in 1999).
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Loganrules115 wrote:I theorize that Minilla in Son of Godzilla was born prematurely, and suffers from birth defects. Kamacuras opens his egg before it's ready to hatch, and we never see Minilla look older in Destroy All Monsters (which takes place in 1999).
Well, I guess he technically grew a little since Godzilla is played by Nakajima in DAM who wasn't present for most of SOG due to them wanting a bigger (In comparison to Minya) guy in the suit.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

MaxRebo320 wrote:
Loganrules115 wrote:I theorize that Minilla in Son of Godzilla was born prematurely, and suffers from birth defects. Kamacuras opens his egg before it's ready to hatch, and we never see Minilla look older in Destroy All Monsters (which takes place in 1999).
Well, I guess he technically grew a little since Godzilla is played by Nakajima in DAM who wasn't present for most of SOG due to them wanting a bigger (In comparison to Minya) guy in the suit.
The height difference doesn't seem very apparent in the films themselves. I can't think of any other reason why Minilla doesn't age in the span of 32 years. Speaking of DAM, I think the second Mothra larvae from MvG is the one that joins the fight against Ghidorah.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I have too many to list in one sitting.
MaxRebo320 wrote:
Goro Ibuki hails from Latitude Zero, hence his incredible ability to create a size-changing robot. He was either exiled for falling for a surface-dweller (Hiroshi) or escaped on his own due to being fed up with them not helping the people of the surface.
Damn, wish I'd thought of that.

My idea was the similarity between JJ and Zone Fighter's size shifting could be explained if Goro was a refugee Peacelander.
MaxRebo320 wrote: After the moon's destruction in Gorath, the people of Earth were able to negotiate with the Xillians (With help from Planet X Ambassador Glenn, of course) to lend them one of Planet X's moons in exchange for water or something else valuable to the planet's people.
I'm actually writing a paper about Gorath on my laptop at this very moment touching on this subject. I had the idea that Gorath's gravity dragged another, smaller planetoid behind it which was also going to collide with the Earth a year or so later, but humanity landed on the planet's surface and built mass drivers to slow down its motion until it fell into orbit around the Earth.

The story of Gorath is in the tradition of other science fiction narratives like H. G. Wells' The Star, where a mobile sun passes by the Earth and causes apocalyptic changes, swallowing the moon with its gravity well and melting the Earth's poles. It has an equally strong resemblance to Philip Wylie's novel When Worlds Collide, where two rogue planets, Bronson Alpha and Bronson Beta, pass the Earth, destroying the moon, then the Earth itself when Bronson Alpha swings back around on its way out of the solar system. Humanity's only escape is to launch a few ships at Bronson Beta and rebuild there as the smaller planet takes Earth's place orbiting the sun. I'm convinced one or both of those books influenced the script of Gorath. I see them as almost being the same events, but in different timelines- only Showa Toho Earth was badass enough to move whole planets with 20th century technology. The Star/Bronson Alpha was Gorath; Bronson Beta was Earth's second moon.

If I finish the longer Gorath analysis I'm writing I might post it here or in a separate topic.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Godzilla eventually fights and kills Megalon during the final assault of the Garoga aliens, becomes more serious because Zone Fighter and Jet Jaguar both die in the final battle.
The Anguirus Godzilla befriends isn't the 1955 Anguirus (who was burnt to a crisp and doesn't have the regen to recover from that). The years between SoG and Hedorah are spent with Anguirus realizing Godzilla and Minya aren't warmongers and promptly becomes Goji's best friend.

The Nuke from Ebirah actually made Godzilla ugly in SoG, and By the next year he recovered into his 1968 look, which would first be seen in mainland japan in Godzilla vs Hedorah.

Godzilla's absence from mainland japan lasted from 1965 to 1971 (technically Hedorah took place in 1972 according to the updated Monster profile) hence why everyone was wondering why he was there.

Infant island has either died off, or been destroyed by alien invasion or human folly prior to DAM, hence why Mothra resides at Monsterland by then. (the Shobijin either perish or disappear for reasons unknown.)
Humanity has cleaned up the atmosphere thanks to the "Blue-Green device" from Zone Fighter by DAM.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

When two Mothra larva were born from the same egg, it was a really rare occurrence where the adult knew the only way to defeat Godzilla was with two Mothras, so it willed itself to do that as a sign of its divine power, and after the battle with Godzilla, the Mothra twins decided to split up to spread their influence wider protecting two areas at once, one returning to Infant Island, later growing into an adult by 1966 and the other choosing to remain in larva form to stay alive forever, going to the island that would become Monster Island, before finally being transported to Monster Land™ sometime prior to 1999.
BAM.
Mothra's Showa appearance explained
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

I've always subscribed to the theory that the Godzilla seen in Destroy All Monsters is actually an adult Minilla from Son of Godzilla and that the Minilla seen in DAM is a whole new juvenile of undisclosed origins.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Showa Godzilla was another survivor from the same colony as G54, I base this on that origin book of G54 where before the nuke incident that killed off the colony except for him, they all had smooth skin (Even Minilla has smooth skin compared to G54 and Showa Godzilla) before getting his skin scarred, Showa Godzilla has that exactly same scarred skin as G54 hence making this headcanon of mine more likely the case that this is true.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

The Rodan in GtTHM & IotAM might be an offspring of the two Rodans in the '56 debut.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

SonOfGorgo wrote:The Rodan in GtTHM & IotAM might be an offspring of the two Rodans in the '56 debut.
The rodan from GTTHM was one of the 1956 Rodans

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:The rodan from GTTHM was one of the 1956 Rodans
Eh, theories I suppose.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
SonOfGorgo wrote:The Rodan in GtTHM & IotAM might be an offspring of the two Rodans in the '56 debut.
Source to confirm your statement?

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

There's nothing in the film to even suggest that the '64 Rodan is an offspring of the earlier monsters.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Terasawa wrote:There's nothing in the film to even suggest that the '64 Rodan is an offspring of the earlier monsters.
Well, this thread is called *Showa Theories*.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

LegendZilla wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:
Source to confirm your statement?
Have you even watched the movie?

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

The one that ended with one of them on fire and both of them apparently dead?
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Zarm wrote:The one that ended with one of them on fire and both of them apparently dead?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-stNUihLBY
When one of them fell into the lava, the other refused without its mate and chose to die with it, burnt to a crisp.