Monster Discussion #26: Gabara

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
The Dark Uniter
G-Grasper

Re: Monster Discussion #26: Gabara

Post by The Dark Uniter »

I like Gabara myself. He has a interesting design and unique roar like most of you guys mentioned. I would like to see him in more films.
Last edited by The Dark Uniter on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Post by Biollante »

I like the concept of Gabara but his design is pretty stupid.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Gabara is cool, he is not one of my favorites but the little time he got in screen
was good, i hope he returns in another movie.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

Gabara is awesome. The oni/troll angle is a really cool idea, and inspired a really fresh, if weird, monster design. It doesn't hurt that Godzilla's Revenge is ridiculously fun to watch (especially with friends... and a couple drinks). I'd love to see Gabara come back in some form. He'd work great as a cannon fodder baddie, and the above mentioned fan-fic of him fighting King Caesar is a sweet idea.

His roar is hilarious, but still cool and unique, and the monster has personality to spare. A cowardly bully that picks on a monster half his size makes for some really fun suitmation moments, especially when Godzilla's had enough and decides to kick his ass on Minya's behalf.
Haters gonna hate

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Gabara has a lot of room to work off of. His electric conductivity is shockingly unique (save for Kong...) to the Godzilla franchise. I, like many others, would like to see him in another movie. Just lose that funky hair. :roll: Actually, if he was turned into a cyborg...THAT would really be the start of something big.
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

King Caesar wrote:Gabara has a lot of room to work off of. His electric conductivity is shockingly unique (save for Kong...) to the Godzilla franchise. I, like many others, would like to see him in another movie. Just lose that funky hair. :roll: Actually, if he was turned into a cyborg...THAT would really be the start of something big.
Just what we need...MECHA-GABARA.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

It could work as a one time villain. However, a flesh and blood Gabara sounds like a better foe.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

edgaguirus wrote:It could work as a one time villain. However, a flesh and blood Gabara sounds like a better foe.
I would honestly be surprised if Toho ever brought Gabara back in a Godzilla film.

And there will never be a "Mecha-Gabara", other than in Fan fiction/fan videos.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Only the popular ones get mechanized.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Gojira-Fan wrote:
King Caesar wrote:Gabara has a lot of room to work off of. His electric conductivity is shockingly unique (save for Kong...) to the Godzilla franchise. I, like many others, would like to see him in another movie. Just lose that funky hair. :roll: Actually, if he was turned into a cyborg...THAT would really be the start of something big.
Just what we need...MECHA-GABARA.
You mean...Mechabara, the Emerald Cyborg!! :D lol

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

Tyler wrote:Mechamechagodzilla.
A robot constructed over the remains of the original Mechagodzilla...

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Mechabara......

I like the name.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

King Caesar wrote:
You mean...Mechabara, the Emerald Cyborg!! :D lol

I was just WAITING for you to say that :lol:
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

StonedHope
Interpol Agent

Post by StonedHope »

Gabara is like Varan's special cousin. The one the family doesn't talk to anymore.

He's the only (non-insect) monster that doesn't have a tail. And his roar is epic!
But does he really qualify as a monster in this monster discussion considering he's imaginary??
Currently living in Taiwan (month 9).
If anyone is considering teaching English abroad as a good way to travel. I recommend you do it now and that you consider Taiwan. So far, I think it has the best of Southeast Asia.

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

StonedHope wrote:Gabara is like Varan's special cousin. The one the family doesn't talk to anymore.

He's the only (non-insect) monster that doesn't have a tail. And his roar is epic!
But does he really qualify as a monster in this monster discussion considering he's imaginary??
Seeing as all the monsters in the Godzilla universe are fictional, I don't think it really matters.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Gojira-Fan wrote:
StonedHope wrote:Gabara is like Varan's special cousin. The one the family doesn't talk to anymore.

Seeing as all the monsters in the Godzilla universe are fictional, I don't think it really matters.
I was waiting for someone to Point that Out.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Look, he has a circle emblem like all the other kaiju, so he's clearly a real kaiju. :roll:

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Hehe,I Know He,s Real Is just that sometimes it makes me think that
Gabara is Just a Product of the Imagination of the Little Boy in Godzilla,s Revenge.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Gabara may be a family black sheep, but he's earned his kaiju stripes by fighting Godzilla.

gabaralover
Ronin

gabara??????

Post by gabaralover »

i think that gabara has the potential to become a very strong and evil opponent for godzilla

they can give him the power to go in and out of the monsters mines and soul, have him shot electricity from his hands, and the ability to grow and get stronger every time a monster is afraid after all he was born from a nightmare :)

what do you guys think of the idea???
gabara minilla varan anguirus, gezora, gorosauars, titanosauras, king ceaser, godzilla 4 life