Monster Discussion #29: Kamoebas

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
User avatar
gigan72
Keizer
Posts: 8359
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:26 pm
Location: Out

Monster Discussion #29: Kamoebas

Postby gigan72 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:58 pm

Resized Image

Discussion thread for the monster Kamoebas from Space Amoeba.
KaijuFiend wrote:
Birdman wrote:Do you like what you see?

No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that poop again.

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

User avatar
ebirahsmeg1
G-Grasper
Posts: 1186
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:31 pm
Location: Kanto region, Japan

Re: Monster Discussion #29: Kamoebas

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:55 am

Perhaps it's just me, but I think Kamoebas' dead carcass in GSOS was the most exciting scene in that entire movie :g64: :lol:

Anyways, he's definitely my favorite of the Yog trio...
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

edgaguirus
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: Monster Discussion #29: Kamoebas

Postby edgaguirus » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:52 pm

Same here. The giant turtle had a great design, and that face was a little creepy.
Kaiju are just like people- giant, radioactive people.

Megalon went into a bar and saw Gigan. Megalon said, " Again? I thought you gave this up."
" What can I say," Gigan asked. " I'm hooked."

User avatar
Gothicserpent
Futurian
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Re: Monster Discussion #29: Kamoebas

Postby Gothicserpent » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:22 pm

Cool monster, but he's hardly used in his debut.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"

GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5216
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: Monster Discussion #29: Kamoebas

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:14 pm

I think how little posts that this thread has is a testament to his significance haha.

Uhh, I actually think for a turtle Kaiju, he has a unique design with the long neck, and unsmooth shell that makes him stand out. It’s funny that he over Ganimes or Gezora, was chosen to appear in Tokyo SOS. Gezora sorta takes predecent for the first half of the film. And then there’s two ganimes. Like the other Space Ameoba monsters he just sort of appears.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

User avatar
JAGzilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 6545
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Monster Discussion #29: Kamoebas

Postby JAGzilla » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:29 am

I just watched this guy's movie last year, and I already can't remember any details of what he or Ganimes did. Gezora really stole the show, and the other two, despite being the two fighting in the final battle, were just there. Regardless, I do like 'lesser', weaker monsters like this, and I'd love to see any or all of the Yog trio reappear someday.

User avatar
Gothicserpent
Futurian
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Re: Monster Discussion #29: Kamoebas

Postby Gothicserpent » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:12 am

JAGzilla wrote:I just watched this guy's movie last year, and I already can't remember any details of what he or Ganimes did. Gezora really stole the show, and the other two, despite being the two fighting in the final battle, were just there. Regardless, I do like 'lesser', weaker monsters like this, and I'd love to see any or all of the Yog trio reappear someday.

Kamoebas sadly doesn't get to do much. He shows up at the end of the film and then fights Ganimes for a few minutes. Gezora steals the show and Ganimes has a good action scene of him chasing the heroes through the jungle and then falling off a cliff.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"

GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

User avatar
Godzillian
Kwaidan
Posts: 5709
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: Monster Discussion #29: Kamoebas

Postby Godzillian » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:41 am

I think he's the best of the yog kaiju trio but he is still pretty forgettable. The only reason he has a "spike" in popularity is because he was in a godzilla movie
Image

User avatar
Gothicserpent
Futurian
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Re: Monster Discussion #29: Kamoebas

Postby Gothicserpent » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:04 pm

It kinda makes you wonder. Why build a brand new suit if the monster is only in the film for 5 minutes?
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"

GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

User avatar
Terasawa
G-Grasper
Posts: 1319
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Monster Discussion #29: Kamoebas

Postby Terasawa » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:53 pm

Gothicserpent wrote:It kinda makes you wonder. Why build a brand new suit if the monster is only in the film for 5 minutes?


I suppose because they wanted to feature three monsters, although it does seem somewhat a waste.

Unless you're wondering about the Tokyo SOS version. That script called for Kamoebas (although not originally) and the SFX crew built it. The other options, a Liopleurodon and Anguirus (vetoed), would have required them to build something anyway.

Edited because my reading comprehension sucks.
Last edited by Terasawa on Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-- 寺沢 --
YouTube

Image

User avatar
Gothicserpent
Futurian
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Re: Monster Discussion #29: Kamoebas

Postby Gothicserpent » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:12 pm

Terasawa wrote:
Gothicserpent wrote:It kinda makes you wonder. Why build a brand new suit if the monster is only in the film for 5 minutes?


I suppose because they wanted to feature three monsters, although it does seem somewhat a waste.

Unless you're wondering about the Tokyo SOS version. That script called for Kamoebas (although not originally) and the SFX crew built it. The other options, a Liopleurodon and Anguirus (vetoed), would have required them to build something anyway.

Edited because my reading comprehension sucks.

I think Kamoebas needed a scene for itself before the final battle.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"

GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.


Return to “Showa Series (1930's-1970's)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests