DAM: Deleted Scene?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Mothralover1997
Samurai

DAM: Deleted Scene?

Post by Mothralover1997 »

I recently came across this clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm42pZo5DYQ) from what looks to be an Italian dub of Destroy All Monsters (1968), that features Baragon, Varan and Manda and I'd like to know if it's a deleted scene or a region-only exclusive.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Re: DAM: Deleted Scene?

Post by Space Hunter M »

Itaria-senpai noticed Baran-kun.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Mothralover1997 wrote:I recently came across this clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm42pZo5DYQ) from what looks to be an Italian dub of Destroy All Monsters (1968), that features Baragon, Varan and Manda and I'd like to know if it's a deleted scene or a region-only exclusive.
Neither. Those scenes are in both the Japanese and International release of the film. They're just extremely quick shots, so you probably didn't notice them before.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

^^^I believe they were also cut from the English version.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:^^^I believe they were also cut from the English version.
No, there weren't. Unless you were watching a cropped copy of the AIP version, in which case you wouldn't have seen Baragon because he was too far to the left of the screen.

2009MECHAGODZILLA
Futurian

Post by 2009MECHAGODZILLA »

Those scenes are not in the version I have. I just watched it to make sure.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21114

Commission prices: https://www.deviantart.com/snake151/jou ... -848926845
"Disappointing! Re-watch the 1954 original. THAT is the correct form!!!"

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I don't think I remember that from when I found DAM online and watched it last year. Watched an English dub of some sort. So it certainly could have been cut from one of the American versions.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

I just popped in my copy of the Destroy All Monsters Blu-Ray (the version with the AIP dub) and I assure you the clip is in there. As Ultraman Goji said, it's just a quick shot and easy to miss. I went years before ever noticing it myself.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:Those scenes are not in the version I have. I just watched it to make sure.
Then you definitely need glasses.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

^Agreed

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

I have a copy of DAM on dvd and I do remember that scene. I always thought it was notable since those monsters weren't used in the grand fight.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon