Ah, well... I tried.http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7318
With a tip of the hat to Robert Fulghum, these are the things I learned from this
1. If you suggest that chili sometimes contains tomatoes, someone will tell you that saying that chili “is made out of tomatoes” is “incredibly silly.” (After all, everyone knows that chili is always made the same way, and it has nothing to do with tomatoes.)
2. If you object to the phrase “incredibly silly,” then you have a problem. There’s nothing anti-social about people who like to call other people’s (misquoted) ideas, “incredibly silly.”
3. Objecting to the term “incredibly silly” proves that you’re childish.
4. The way to demonstrate to a childish person the “mind-blowing” nature of objecting to words like “incredibly silly” is to use new words, like “incredibly shallow.” This is the essence of maturity.
5. If you point out, in some detail, that chili may well contain tomatoes, beans, spices and flour, and that in some chilis, the flavor of the tomatoes may add something integral to the mix, while in others, the spices or beans are probably more important, and in most, it’s the blend of ingredients that makes the chili, you will be told that your obsession with tomatoes is “incredibly superficial.”
6. If you object to being faulted by a third person — who only read what the other
guys said — and who also takes issue with your apparent obsession with tomatoes, you will be reminded that they are not piling on... they’re just disagreeing with your obsession with tomatoes.
7. If you invite all these people over to a cook-off, to compare favorite chili recipes, they’ll prefer to stay here and complain about people who think that chili is based on tomatoes. “What is
it based on?” “Who knows? Shut up, and let’s find some new ways to heckle the guy who’s obsessed with tomatoes.”
Enjoy the beans.
(For those who just joined us, the Great Tomato Exchange started on p. 2.)
“I didn’t start it, Councilman... but I’m liable to finish it.”
Captain James T. Kirk
“People are crazy, and times are strange. I’m locked in tight... I’m outa range... I used to care, but... things have changed.”