New Warning/Ban System

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Kubo
Sazer

Re: New Warning/Ban System

Post by Kubo »

^ 6 months? Jesus. Might as well be a perma-ban.

The system, as posted in the OP, is perfectly fine.
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

Kubo wrote:^ 6 months? Jesus. Might as well be a perma-ban.

The system, as posted in the OP, is perfectly fine.
The warning system is supposed to be designed to punish those who break the rules. I just happen to believe in strict discipline for those who break the rules.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

I'm fine with the system Derzerb proposed. I don't think anything more strict is really needed. If someone is constantly screwing around, they'll get to 7 warnings easily. 6 warnings for a permaban is a bit low.

Also, a sixth month ban really wouldn't be needed, because yeah, it'd basically be a perma-ban. Most (logical) people would just move on at that point.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

alienhulk2099
G-Grasper

Post by alienhulk2099 »

If its basically a permaban why even make the change?

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

alienhulk2099 wrote:If its basically a permaban why even make the change?
Basically does not mean equal to.
TK's resident Taurean

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Corzak The Mighty wrote:
Also, a sixth month ban really wouldn't be needed, because yeah, it'd basically be a perma-ban. Most (logical) people would just move on at that point.
But we usually don't deal with logical people here now do we?
Resized Image

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

Beef Bigshot wrote:
Corzak The Mighty wrote:
But we usually don't deal with logical people here now do we?
:lol: Too easy.
TK's resident Taurean

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

I'd truthfully prefer 5th warning to be permanent ban, I only suggested 6 months due to Saansits question.

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

It was never this hard on Gojistomp.

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MM The Destroyer »

TheSecondComing wrote:It was never this hard on Gojistomp.
I wish I could like this post 100 times.

F'n seriously, what the hell is so difficult about warnings and bans? Frankly, I don't believe any of the non-staff members here even need to put their two cents in here. Because you're not staff. If you don't like how the warning/ban system works, you leave. If you don't like the staff personally, you leave (or be like me and cause some changes ;). But I don't think there's all that many other non-staff that can dig up and reveal dirt on staff.)

While the staff has been drastically improved, IMO, the member situation has not. The crap some of ya'll do... it would *NEVER* have flown when the likes of LGM, myself, IR, Hyper, AnguirusDude (SecondComing), etc were staff. Then again, I had a hair trigger, as many know.

Some of ya'll bitching over shit (such as this new system, the FM usergroup idea, etc)... You don't even realize how lenient this staff is compared to how we used to run things back in the day. In which case, if you didn't like it, we just removed you. And that was it: mod/admin word was the law. No ifs, no ands, and no buts. You wouldn't send PMs to "work things out", you wouldn't cry and moan, try and be all passive aggressive. Because we'd just boot your ass, no warnings needed.
I'm Back... for a... Damn it, I lost count!
Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:But regardless, what on earth makes you think that, say, Spacegodzilla's Corona beam, which penetrated Godzilla's hide on more than one occasion, is more damaging than a nuke on a point-for-point basis?
It hurt Godzilla. That's why I think that.

TK's #1 most reported, popular, hated, loved, sarcastic kaiju pleb.

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

Because yakking on about how you guys were so great at making this site an apparent net paradise is a great way to convince us that you are right.
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.
Chris55 wrote: Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?
My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

Saansilt wrote:Because yakking on about how you guys were so great at making this site an apparent net paradise is a great way to convince us that you are right.
I'm right simply because comments like that wouldn't be tolerated and you'd be banned to everyone's delight. But that's besides the point and not the direct point I'm trying to make. You have no appreciation for how lenient and nice your current staff is compared to how old TK was, in which case, a member like yourself would be put in their place. And if you refused, you'd be gone. That simple.

You have a nice, semi-democracy going on here. Not the shroud, full of BS behind the scenes crap like the previous staff. You could have us in charge again, which was more akin to a full-on dictatorship where we didn't hide the fact that we would ban you for causing troubles, no warnings needed.
Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:But regardless, what on earth makes you think that, say, Spacegodzilla's Corona beam, which penetrated Godzilla's hide on more than one occasion, is more damaging than a nuke on a point-for-point basis?

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

I think you are treating this way too seriously. It's just an internet forum. Banned to everyone's delight? Talk about low, you really think just because someone doesn't agree with you that they should be silenced?
Grow up, understand that there are diffrent perspectives and stop taking this so seriously.

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

Saansilt wrote:Talk about low, you really think just because someone doesn't agree with you that they should be silenced?
If we were talking old TK? Yes. Anybody who has constant bitching and criticism of the staff and how things are run would be gone. The only person who prevented us from banning some certain members was Vega.

None of Old TK staff would waste their time in letting you explain yourself after outright telling you to shut it. We wouldn't listen and nod our heads. We wouldn't smile and act polite. We wouldn't even try and refute anything you say. We'd just outright ban you.

Because it was within our right and authority as appointed moderators and administrators to do such.

Picking fights and bitching about the rules and staff was considered disruptive behavior. Something none of us had the time for.

So just remember this little fact as you bitch, moan, complain, etc about whatever choices Derzerb, CZ, Giratina, Hayes, etc, etc, etc make. Because they're letting you do it. They do not have to do it. They do not have to appease you. They are not here to appease you.

We, on Old TK, would not let you do it.
understand that there are diffrent perspectives and stop taking this so seriously.
> Bitching about rules on a message board.
> Serious.

I'm telling you how lucky you are to have the staff you have now. I'm not taking anything here overly serious. Hence why I said that if it was the Old TK staff, you'd be banned outright. Because we didn't care what you had to say on how the forums were ran. It didn't matter.

We wouldn't even be having this conversation. Because I would have already banned you.
Godzelda wrote:

alienhulk2099
G-Grasper

Post by alienhulk2099 »

That is part of the reason as to how TK became known as such a draconic site.

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

alienhulk2099 wrote:That is part of the reason as to how TK became known as such a draconic site.
And look at it now. Flame wars everywhere. Rampant idiocy. SPAM. Troublesome members that refuse to stop. I admit, I feed the fire more times than not. But I'm not staff anymore and it's been burning long before my return in 2014.
Godzelda wrote:

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

MM The Destroyer wrote:
Saansilt wrote:Talk about low, you really think just because someone doesn't agree with you that they should be silenced?
If we were talking old TK? Yes. Anybody who has constant bitching and criticism of the staff and how things are run would be gone. The only person who prevented us from banning some certain members was Vega.

None of Old TK staff would waste their time in letting you explain yourself after outright telling you to shut it. We wouldn't listen and nod our heads. We wouldn't smile and act polite. We wouldn't even try and refute anything you say. We'd just outright ban you.

Because it was within our right and authority as appointed moderators and administrators to do such.

Picking fights and bitching about the rules and staff was considered disruptive behavior. Something none of us had the time for.

So just remember this little fact as you bitch, moan, complain, etc about whatever choices Derzerb, CZ, Giratina, Hayes, etc, etc, etc make. Because they're letting you do it. They do not have to do it. They do not have to appease you. They are not here to appease you.

We, on Old TK, would not let you do it.
understand that there are diffrent perspectives and stop taking this so seriously.
> Bitching about rules on a message board.
> Serious.

I'm telling you how lucky you are to have the staff you have now. I'm not taking anything here overly serious. Hence why I said that if it was the Old TK staff, you'd be banned outright. Because we didn't care what you had to say on how the forums were ran. It didn't matter.

We wouldn't even be having this conversation. Because I would have already banned you.
If through all this you are still advocating that your system is better than you really are bitter about not being staff are you?
And seriously repeatedly saying that you would ban me means nothing. If you think the staff needs to ignore the users here then fine.
Take your own advice and stop telling them how to do things.

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

If through all this you are still advocating that your system is better than you really are bitter about not being staff are you?
I'm not advocating anything. You seem to be under the impression I'm saying what Derzerb, CZ, and the mods here aren't doing a fine enough job. I'm not. I applaud them, especially compared to the complete hacks that came before them (whom, FYI, Old TK *WAS* way better than in every way).

I'm saying members here need to stop bitching about them and realize that these guys are sitting there letting you do it. Versus where if you did it on Old TK, you'd be gone. There would be no debate.

I'm saying you are COMPLETELY unappreciative of the staff you have now, which is doing a banging job with what they had to start with. Almost every banned member returning. Alienhulk. Hagar's chaos. Vega return. Alienhulk. And then you have members who just want to cry and whine about dumb stuff like conspiracies (talk about taking this WAY too serious there...), an FM usergroup idea, fantasy match rules, a new warning/ban system.

Some of ya'll act like spoiled brats and that the staff here is suppose to appease you like some sort of Aztec God.
And seriously repeatedly saying that you would ban me means nothing.
Seems to get under your skin. I'd ban you. LGM would have banned you. IR would have banned you. Any former staff that had the power would have banned you. Let that sink in.
If you think the staff needs to ignore the users here then fine.
Take your own advice and stop telling them how to do things.
... I'm not telling them how to do anything, champ. I'm in a group chat with both admins, several mods, and other members as I type this.
Godzelda wrote:

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

I appreciate the staff and what they are doing, I don't appreciate being labelled a whiner when in all honesty I have not sought to raise trouble.

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

Saansilt wrote:I appreciate the staff and what they are doing, I don't appreciate being labelled a whiner when in all honesty I have not sought to raise trouble.
If you're challenging the decisions made by the staff, that is whining. Do you think I'm happy about the completely pointless games merged with the fantasy matches? I'm not. But you don't see me whining. Do you think I'm happy that CZ dished me a warning for something the other week? Nope. But I'm not whining, throwing a fit, or sending her messages to "resolve it."

Because unlike the previous staff, your current one is actually respectable. There's no secret agendas behind the scenes. There's no favorite members list. What you see is what you get.
Godzelda wrote: