Kaiju you would've added/taken out of Destroy All Monsters

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
three
Keizer

Re: Kaiju you would've added/taken out of Destroy All Monste

Post by three »

i got it, but the point remains. Ghidorah then required the cooperative efforts of 3 kaiju to be defeated. sure, it was a threat, but it lost to less. that was when it was being treated as Ghidorah should be, which was a powerful and destructive force, and not a "punching bag".
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

three wrote:i got it, but the point remains. Ghidorah then required the cooperative efforts of 3 kaiju to be defeated. sure, it was a threat, but it lost to less. that was when it was being treated as Ghidorah should be, which was a powerful and destructive force, and not a "punching bag".
It's all in the writing my friend. Given that the trio barely beat Ghidorah when they worked together the Dam battle could have worked.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Finalwar22
Monarch Researcher

Post by Finalwar22 »

They should never have had Varan In destroy all monsters because he does nothing!
Oh boy, now Godzilla is an anime and Ultraman has become Kamen Rider. What next?

TheKaijuologist
Yojimbo

Post by TheKaijuologist »

I was just ranting about this issue. I wish both this film and Final Wars had cut out a few monsters to allow some of the others shine. With D.A.M. I'm baffled why they even left Varan and Baragon in. Kumonga feels like a stretch but that dumb arachnid at least gets to hose the dead Ghidora down in web. While Manda gets some sweet shots in destruction of the city, it would've been a real nice touch to see how that monster handles in a melee fight. Could've been some cool, creative monster action.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Am I the only one who gets annoyed by these add/take out threads?
WHAT IF WE REPLACED KING GHIDORAH WITH KEIZER GHIDORAH
No, you're definitely not alone. These "what if/ would you/could..." topics and similar themes have sadly taken the place of real "film discussions" and are quickly becoming beyond monotonous/repetitive, not to mention that they're often used as means for certain fans to take veiled swats at films over various trivial things they don't like. 90% of these "what if/would you/could..." threads could easily be merged with the main discussion thread of the said film and don't need their own, separate threads ( in this case, it could be merged with the "Talkback: Destroy All Monsters" thread...same goes for most of the individual threads started over mundane items such as a monster's look/super powers in a particular film...they could easily be merged/take place in a film/monster talkback thread)...
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Baragon. Toho should have just changed the scene in Paris to either not having a head pop out of the ground at all or just made it Gorosaurus in general.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Am I the only one who gets annoyed by these add/take out threads?
WHAT IF WE REPLACED KING GHIDORAH WITH KEIZER GHIDORAH
No, you're definitely not alone. These "what if/ would you/could..." topics and similar themes have sadly taken the place of real "film discussions" and are quickly becoming beyond monotonous/repetitive, not to mention that they're often used as means for certain fans to take veiled swats at films over various trivial things they don't like. 90% of these "what if/would you/could..." threads could easily be merged with the main discussion thread of the said film and don't need their own, separate threads ( in this case, it could be merged with the "Talkback: Destroy All Monsters" thread...same goes for most of the individual threads started over mundane items such as a monster's look/super powers in a particular film...they could easily be merged/take place in a film/monster talkback thread)...
TL;DR. Just don't go in them. :roll:

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I dislike the thought of cutting Varan and Baragon, yeah they did nothing but I like that their brief appearances tie them into the world of Godzilla. I wouldn't add or remove anyone, merely expand/alter some roles:
- Have Baragon attack Paris instead of Gorosaurus. Give Gorosaurus a different location to attack. New Baragon suit so he's actually useable.
- Actual suit for Varan, give him a location to attack as well. Have him chase the soldiers, too.
- Have some of the monsters take on Ghidorah one-on-one or two-on-one. They put up a decent fight but Ghidorah wins.
- Have the Fire Dragon be an actual kaiju. It appears before Ghidorah is defeated. Ghidorah is outnumbered and losing, so the aliens send in Fire Dragon for reinforcements. It transforms into something much cooler than a UFO with a more original name than Fire Dragon, and teams up with Ghidorah. They turn the tide of battle for a bit, but eventually lose.
- Give every monster more of a role in the final battle.

Shadowsonic5000
Ronin

Post by Shadowsonic5000 »

I would add all the Kaiju!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Thanks for that.

Kaiser
G-Force Personnel

Post by Kaiser »

I know it's not an actual kaiju, but taking the "fire dragon" out of the film would have been a big improvement. It's probably the most anti-climactic moment in the series and all it does is give the humans more to do.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I'm happy with the roster we had, but I might have cut Varan. It was good to see Varan after all this time, but his role has no impact on the film. At the least, mention Varan attacking city x when the reporter is listing the cities attacked by the kaiju.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

MechaGodzillaShowa
Samurai

Post by MechaGodzillaShowa »

I would get rid of Varan, Kumonga, and Manda. Added King Kong to help with the ratings of the film. I also would added Mothra (Adult) along with Mothra (I would add 2) Larva's ... and that's would been a better film and more well rounded cast.

And, one more thing ... I would give Rodan more screen time to help Godzilla to defeat King Ghidorah in this film.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Rodan with more screentime would have really helped. so would adding adult Mothra and/or Kong (though, i think adding both is too much).
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

DAM was only a year after KKE. They could have used Kong, but I think that Gorosaurus made a better representative from that movie.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I'm glad Gorosaurus was used over Kong, since Kong is known worldwide and Gorosaurus isn't. Gives him that little extra time to shine. Ideally both would have been used but I'm glad Goro got the spotlight.

MechaGodzillaShowa
Samurai

Post by MechaGodzillaShowa »

Gorosaurus ... KaijuFiend & edgaguirus - You are both correct! ... More screen time for this cool dinosaur that appeared in King Kong Escapes and Destroy All Monsters.

Benn_Sonic_exe
Monsterland Worker

Post by Benn_Sonic_exe »

I would've cut Varan, Mothra Larva, and Manda, and added Ebirah and Mothra Imago. I would've also given Mothra & Rodan more screentime, while reducing Goro's screentime.
AKA Jamie.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Kaiser wrote:all it does is give the humans more to do.
To be fair, the heroes of the film were the people, not the monsters. The monsters were tools, not protagonists.

DAM is very much another in the line of "space war" films such as The Mysterians. Instead of Maser Cannons they use the monsters as the weapons. It's pretty much the logical end-point of what began in Astro-Monster. The humans deserved a big victory by their own hands at the climax.
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

FalconZ
Monarch Researcher

Post by FalconZ »

Would've added Titanosaurus.
Lain Of The Wired wrote:
FalconZ wrote:People putting words in my mouth.
Be thankful words are the only things being put in your mouth