Monster Discussion #18: Ebirah (Showa)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Monster Discussion #18: Ebirah (Showa)

Post by edgaguirus »

Water covers most of our planet, so it's a convenient place to bring kaiju from. There are deep places where man has little explored.

Another thing that would be interesting to watch is aerial battles between two flying kaiju. One of the highlights of the fight in G3HM was the part with Rodan and Ghidorah. Though short, it demonstrates that an aerial battle would be exciting, although the technical aspects of such a fight makes it difficult with suits.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Monster Discussion #18: Ebirah (Showa)

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

edgaguirus wrote:Water covers most of our planet, so it's a convenient place to bring kaiju from. There are deep places where man has little explored.

Another thing that would be interesting to watch is aerial battles between two flying kaiju. One of the highlights of the fight in G3HM was the part with Rodan and Ghidorah. Though short, it demonstrates that an aerial battle would be exciting, although the technical aspects of such a fight makes it difficult with suits.
Rebirth of Mothra had a lot of midair battles. Some of them were good and others were crappy. Mothra really has no melee other than crashing into foes so it would be cool to Megagurius fight King Ghidorah or Rodan midair. The reason why there's not many midair fights is simply Godzilla can't fly, save for the ridiculous scene in Godzilla vs Hedorah(does that count as a mid air fight?).

As for the water kaiju remark that makes sense but it's also a convienent excuse for Godzilla. Like where godzilla spends time between movies or a place to bring him after his last attack. Oceans are deep too so there's a lot of room for kaiju. I still think it's overkill at this point.

Back to Ebirah I feel like he would fair well against other underwater creatures. His giant claw has considerable strength and could push around other basic foes like the Giant Octopus, Zilla, Manda, Gezora, etc... Very easily.

Also wasn't there some godzilla manga that had a Flying Ebirah? I feel like that deserves some attention! I've heard of it but no pictures can be found, could anyone locate any?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.