How exactly do you hire King Ghidorah?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Blackstripe
Ronin

How exactly do you hire King Ghidorah?

Post by Blackstripe »

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have maybe a silly question for you.

So, TVtropes repeatedly refers to King Ghidorah as a "Psycho for Hire" that destroys civilizations for benefactors when he isn't just doing it for his own shits and giggles. I was wondering if there is any canon basis for this statement, either in the movies or in some secondary material?

And if so...well, how would you even go about hiring King Ghidorah? I mean, what the hell kind of currency would he even want?! Do you just call him up in the intergalactic yellow pages or something? :lol:

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How exactly do you hire King Ghidorah?

Post by eabaker »

Really, he just seems surprisingly easy to enslave/enthrall.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Living Corpse wrote:That or just nudge suggestions into, a lot of the space monsters in the Showa films come off as less "controlled" like an RC Car, and more like following orders like a trained attack dog. They told them what to do and they did it. Gigan and Megalon are great examples, even when under "control" they still displayed their personality.

That dog analogy actually fits too, cause once they ran away like a dog someone else (another alien race) would find them and just use them for their own ends.
Ya this is probably the best way to put it. Ghidorah was probably just obeying orders for some reason. In Godzilla vs Gigan, i imagine ghidorah was actually under heavy control because he doesnt seem to flail around or do his usual antics
Resized Image

three
Keizer

Post by three »

he's weak - minded and animalistic, which you can probably tell by how he tends to fight once control is broken (panic mode and the fight or flight response kicks it). it's also possible he has absolutely no idea how to exist without control, which is why he always tries to run once it's lost (in the showa era, anyway, he makes a habit of trying to make tracks before he dies, whereas in heisei he tends to go berserk briefly before running. no such attempts are made in millennium, which i still can't spell right).
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Aliens just seem to have some form of mind control technology that effects kaiju. Since Gigan is a cyborg, it makes perfect sense he'd be controlled. For KG, the aliens must have some way of manipulating his brainwaves so that he does what they want. Perhaps it's some form of hypnosis.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

edgaguirus wrote:Aliens just seem to have some form of mind control technology that effects kaiju. Since Gigan is a cyborg, it makes perfect sense he'd be controlled. For KG, the aliens must have some way of manipulating his brainwaves so that he does what they want. Perhaps it's some form of hypnosis.

i figure they bombard him or have one raised for their needs that is locked in a room until further notice, and when it does get out it's just happy to be in the open again and follows orders because it has been drilled into its head (either literally, or figuratively) over time. it seems like they broke him, and just kept adding the juice so to speak and never let up. now i kinda feel bad for him. :/
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Gawdziller wrote:He answers want ads on Craigslist Intergalactic.

he'd better be careful. i've heard there's this guy killing kaiju he meets on craigslist. word is, he got a few to agree to do this movie shoot and killed every last one of them in less than a minute! it was called...i can't remember it. final battles or something. oh yea! final wars!

alright. and that's enough spamming for one day for me. bed time... X_X

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

three wrote:
Gawdziller wrote:He answers want ads on Craigslist Intergalactic.

he'd better be careful. i've heard there's this guy killing kaiju he meets on craigslist. word is, he got a few to agree to do this movie shoot and killed every last one of them in less than a minute! it was called...i can't remember it. final battles or something. oh yea! final wars!

alright. and that's enough spamming for one day for me. bed time... X_X
Godzilla is a wacko serial killer! It all makes sense now!
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Living Corpse wrote:That or just nudge suggestions into, a lot of the space monsters in the Showa films come off as less "controlled" like an RC Car, and more like following orders like a trained attack dog. They told them what to do and they did it. Gigan and Megalon are great examples, even when under "control" they still displayed their personality.

That dog analogy actually fits too, cause once they ran away like a dog someone else (another alien race) would find them and just use them for their own ends.
Yeah, I like that dog analogy but one thing never shown was how they cared and fed it. Whats his favorite ghiddy-treat and if he sleeps outside or on the bed with the Xilian commander?

three
Keizer

Post by three »

You don't hire it you breed it or forcibly conscript.

LiquidG
Terminated
Terminated

Post by LiquidG »

Blackstripe wrote:Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have maybe a silly question for you.

So, TVtropes repeatedly refers to King Ghidorah as a "Psycho for Hire" that destroys civilizations for benefactors when he isn't just doing it for his own shits and giggles. I was wondering if there is any canon basis for this statement, either in the movies or in some secondary material?

And if so...well, how would you even go about hiring King Ghidorah? I mean, what the hell kind of currency would he even want?! Do you just call him up in the intergalactic yellow pages or something? :lol:
I'm about to get technical to the point of being obnoxiously analytical, be prepared to cyber punch me in the face :D

King Ghidorah can't be a psycho for hire because he is an animal and animals don't get hired to do anything, there isn't any sign ups our drafts sent out to guard dogs, and for fuck sakes lets stop deluding ourselves here, King Ghidorah at the end of the day is a giant three headed attack dog ( you get a cookie if you can tell me what I'm referencing ;) ) he's not a complex super villain, he's not Godzilla's " Joker " he's just a dumb albeit very powerful animal that destroys by nature. he can be easily mind controlled so the simplest answer is something like this

Evil Toho Alien #1 hey evil space buddy, what are we going to do today ?

Evil Toho Alien #2 gee space buddy I thought we might take over the earth and enslave its Inhabitants! :)

Evil Toho Alien #1 but how would we ever do that space buddy ? :eh: we don't have money for war machines because we spent it all in these fly ass space suits and the hot alien bitches at the Planet X strip club :(

Evil Toho Alien #2 no need to worry space pal! :D we will just get King Ghidorah! that dumb fuck would blow up a planet for a Klondike Bar!

Evil Toho Alien #1 oh that's swell space buddy! :D hell lets get the mind control device up and running and get to work! :) today's going to be AWESOME!!!..........it would funny if they had their own giant monsters huh ?

Evil Toho Alien #2............nah :lol:.....what are the chances of that happening.
TK's official member of the "Three L's of the Apocalypse"

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

So that's what KG would do for a klondike bar.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Blackstripe
Ronin

Post by Blackstripe »

Hah, great replies everyone. Honestly, I don't know where TVtropes got such an idea that King Ghidorah was 'someone' you actually hired. They said the noise he made was him psychotically laughing as he tormented and tortured his opponents, and even listed him as a "Complete Monster" in the YMMV page. They were really getting into that. :P

The only time someone made it sound like they were in an equal partnership with KG (as opposed to slave-master) was that alien in Zone Fighter. And to be fair, while he was winning, KG really did seem to be having a good time beating up ZF.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

edgaguirus wrote:So that's what KG would do for a klondike bar.
Shoot Godzilla in the dick?

#BotM

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

Godzilla165 wrote:
edgaguirus wrote:So that's what KG would do for a klondike bar.
Shoot Godzilla in the dick?
Ghidorah deserves 33 Klondike's for that!
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

I believe in the yellow pages under demolition. Groupon may have some deals. Demolish one city, get the second half off. However he will not refund you should a godzilla, rodan, or any other earth monster halt the demolition . Kinda if stingy.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

You flash the Ghidorah signal out into space.

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:You start at a minimum price of $50, discuss which option you'd like and go from there.
Yeah, Ghidorah needs his healthcare.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D
naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Civilization destruction- $50

total planet destruction- $100

Planetary conquest- $120

Planetary conquest w/ fighting native monsters- $150

Birthday parties/social events- $200

three
Keizer

Post by three »

if i knew how to hire him, you wouldn't have any freedom to ask.

in fact, i'd have already brought most of the world to its weak knees with the fear that one wrong move, one cross word, or even one misinterpreted look would mean millions are eliminated in a day or less. the fire would burn the Earth brighter than the sun, and the king who rules in the name of the destroyer of worlds, the almighty three, would dominate you all.

perhaps it is better we don't know how to conscript this guy.