Talkback: Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Major sssspielberg!
Yin-Yang Master

Re: Talkback: Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971)

Postby Major sssspielberg! » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:46 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Major sssspielberg! wrote:
I think the great thing about the film is that it works well as an experimental art film, and has a great message, but you can totally enjoy it through "another lens".

Man, you said a mouthful! Out of all the times I've seen it this time I really noticed how great the editing and cinematography are. Between Hedorah ripping a bong and literally shitting on Godzilla, then laughing about ut, I never noticed how raunchy he is.
Like you say, great film sober or otherwise.
PitchBlackProgress wrote:Minya’s got class, dude one-shot Ghidorah and got all that MonsterLand p****y afterwards.

edgaguirus wrote:Your climax sounds better than the one we got in the movie.

:xilien: :xilien: :xilien: Join me in.... Escape! :xilien: :xilien: :xilien:

LSD Jellyfish
Keizer

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:38 pm

https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0180237/
The Japanese Godzilla Store is listing this amazing Hedorah shirt for sale. It's not just Hedorah, but also tons of really trippy images and things that sort of encompass the film. I'd totally get it, if it wasn't like 80$. Hmmm....
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

edgaguirus
Kwaidan

Postby edgaguirus » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:38 pm

All it lacks is fish head people.
Kaiju are just like people- giant, radioactive people.

Megalon went into a bar and saw Gigan. Megalon said, " Again? I thought you gave this up."
" What can I say," Gigan asked. " I'm hooked."

godjacob
Interpol Agent

Postby godjacob » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:14 am

When I first watched the movie I legit thought that I may have been on an acid trip.

Probably the most unique of the Showa films. Hedorah is an incredibly memorable Kaiju even if it is a less than subtle allegory, and the fight between it and Godzilla is stand out making it a treat.

But no lie, I have zero memory of the human plot. Like none, which is odd.
Last edited by godjacob on Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Showa Series (1930's-1970's)”