Terror of Mechagodzilla: Is Godzilla's roar higher pitched?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Battra2346
Monarch Researcher

Terror of Mechagodzilla: Is Godzilla's roar higher pitched?

Post by Battra2346 »

Why is Godzilla's roar in Terror of Mecha Godzilla sound slightly higher than usual?
It's a signature with words.What more can you want?

HayesAJones
Keizer

Re: Godzilla's Roar Having a Different Pitch in ToM

Post by HayesAJones »

It was a distant aftereffect of a dare by Rodan and Anguirus. They talked him into inhaling as much helium as he could. He regrets listening to them to this day. For weeks all anybody called him was "Squeaker" or "Mousezilla".

devingodzilla
Yojimbo

is godzillas roar higher pitched in terror of mechagodzilla?

Post by devingodzilla »

he pretty muched kept the same exact roar from 1964-1974 but in 1975 it sounded higher.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: is godzillas roar higher pitched in terror of mechagodzi

Post by Terasawa »

No.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

demoylition
Interpol Agent

Post by demoylition »

CTHimes wrote:
No.
I know the mechagodzilla fake had a higher/squeakier roar. Other than that, i don't think so.
Shadow Arena: 2 win 1 loss

devingodzilla
Yojimbo

Post by devingodzilla »

i didn't know this until today but a shinto priest did a purification ceremony prior to the filming of tomg.

StriderSubzero
Monsterland Worker

Post by StriderSubzero »

devingodzilla wrote:i didn't know this until today but a shinto priest did a purification ceremony prior to the filming of tomg.
Could you elaborate on this?

devingodzilla
Yojimbo

Post by devingodzilla »

StriderSubzero wrote:
devingodzilla wrote:i didn't know this until today but a shinto priest did a purification ceremony prior to the filming of tomg.
Could you elaborate on this?

i read about it on wikipedias terror of mechagodzilla page. Now anyone could write some nonsense on wikipedia but i thought it was interesting.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Most -if not all- of the Showa films had a similar ceremony. Toshiro Mifune was part of the one for the original GODZILLA!
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

devingodzilla
Yojimbo

Post by devingodzilla »

i have classic media's 2002 release of tomg and lets just say the print is TERRIBLE. It has a lot of grain/print damage and has an ugly brown/yellow color to it. Still not as bad as alpha videos 2001 dvd release of godzilla vs. megalon (which is the worst DVD print ever) but im thinking of getting classic medias 2008 re-release of terror of mechagodzilla heard the print is much better.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

devingodzilla wrote:i have classic media's 2002 release of tomg and lets just say the print is TERRIBLE. It has a lot of grain/print damage and has an ugly brown/yellow color to it. Still not as bad as alpha videos 2001 dvd release of godzilla vs. megalon (which is the worst DVD print ever) but im thinking of getting classic medias 2008 re-release of terror of mechagodzilla heard the print is much better.
What made you not get in the first place? It's been out for years, and it's dirt cheap.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

devingodzilla
Yojimbo

Post by devingodzilla »

MaxRebo320 wrote:
devingodzilla wrote:i have classic media's 2002 release of tomg and lets just say the print is TERRIBLE. It has a lot of grain/print damage and has an ugly brown/yellow color to it. Still not as bad as alpha videos 2001 dvd release of godzilla vs. megalon (which is the worst DVD print ever) but im thinking of getting classic medias 2008 re-release of terror of mechagodzilla heard the print is much better.
What made you not get in the first place? It's been out for years, and it's dirt cheap.
well i bought the 2002 release when it came out and just havent botherd to get the re-relase.

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

You are definitely thinking of his pain roar. I actually think his normal roar got a tad lower.
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

devingodzilla
Yojimbo

Post by devingodzilla »

id also like to mention the 2002 release doesn't have the japanese version and has no commentary.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

devingodzilla wrote:id also like to mention the 2002 release doesn't have the japanese version and has no commentary.
Yeah we know, a lot of own it.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....