Ghidorah's Showa Roar

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Goji
Xilien Halfling

Re: Ghidorah Showa roar

Post by Goji »

Spam? Please. This topic is spam.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Goji wrote:Spam? Please. This topic is spam.
Look who made it.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Fpr the record, count me among those who have noticed this phenomenon.

It's kind of a glitch in my brain, though, that happens a lot. For instance, when TV shows have insturmental theme songs, after awhile my brain starts to apply the name of the show to the melody of the music.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

Living Corpse wrote:I just want the classic cackles brought back. King Ghidorah roaring is just....wrong. He needs to be laughing, giggling like a naughty evil little child who's destroying things he shouldn't.

It doesn't sounds like laughter to me.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

pta917
Xilien Halfling

Post by pta917 »

MaxRebo320 wrote:
Goji wrote:Spam? Please. This topic is spam.
Look who made it.
You really like me don't you.
Davros wrote:This is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of REALITY ITSELF!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

What I really want is for Ghidorah's roar and his cackle to be mixed together in perfect harmony. Like in Unleashed when he does his victory roar, his left and right heads cackle and his middle head does the roar. You don't just get rid of something that has a lot of problems (his roar), you tweak it until you get it right and then enforce it with something else (his cackle) to make it stronger and badass. This means giving his roar A LOT more range and add in some screams and grunts while you're at it. His cackles already have range as they go higher and lower depending on the head, no cackle sounds exactly the same as the last.

#BotM

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

I may be part of a minority here, but I don't really like Ghidorah's roar as much as everybody else. When I first saw the VHS cover art for Ghirdrah, the Three Headed Monster when I was a kid, I thought to myself "Wow, who's this badass looking dragon monster?" I expected him to be really menacing and have a badass dragon roar. When I saw the film, I was extremely disappointed that his roar sounded like a high-pitched giggle. However, over the years, the roar has grown on me. Not because I realized it was cool or anything, but because it became so closely associated to the character that it eventually became difficult to hate it.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Yeah, i like his roar when he sounded like he was laughing.

The one in the movie where Ghidorah became a cyborg sucked.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Living Corpse wrote:At least Mecha-King Ghidorah was awesome, give him some cackles and he would have been prefect.
Two heads cackling organically, and one with a weird electronic crackle/cackle would be fantastic.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

If his roar and cackle are mixed it sounds terrifing. I recently heard grand ghidorah's roar for the first time and almost crapped my pants
Resized Image

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^He sounds like a beast that legitimately destroys planets and possibly entire galaxies. As I've said before, mix the GKG roar and cackles together in a perfect harmony, and give the middle head the devilish roar and the side heads the madman cackles like his victory roar in Unleashed.

See the ending of this video for what I mean: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=otybJr76Es0

Don't get rid of his roar... Tweak the GKG roar, give it more range and depth, and combine it with the cackles.

#BotM

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA_NsxWNQcU
Pitch playing is fun!

GKG imo had the best roar but indeed mix the crazy cackles with this and you have a planet destroying terror.
I have to mention since I think no one else mentioned this. Showa Ghidorah's gravity beams, that creepy rattling noise. One of the best beam SFX's.

Ghidorahs3rdHead
Samurai

Post by Ghidorahs3rdHead »

Personally love the Showa roar, it has a uniqueness that a lot of Showa era kaiju didn't receive. The "flailing" heads have this odd effect where they actually look like they're arguing with each other so the cackling is somewhat hysterical.

Will admit that GKG sounds like the world destroying roar that Ghidorah probably should have. Nonetheless, Showa Ghidorah is a powerful foe, perhaps the most powerful against Gojira as he always needed assitance.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

ghidorahs heisei roar is cool but it doesnt suit him that well
Resized Image