MechaGodzilla or Hedorah? Who was tougher to Defeat for G?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

MechaGodzilla or Hedorah? Who was tougher to Defeat for G?

Post by Blackout286 »

A bit of a simple topic, but one that seems to split a few from my experience.

Who was tougher to defeat for Godzilla? MechaGodzilla or Hedorah? I've managed to introduce a few friends to Godzilla and they've been fans of the icon. Although after watching a few showa films, a debate occurred among the newcomers in who Godzilla had trouble in defeating the most. MechaGodzilla? Or Hedorah? (My cousin was borrowing Monster Zero and GTTHM, so I couldn't introduce them to Ghidorah, but they've heard of him before).

One side chose MechaGodzilla, while another was on Hedorah's side. They went with what they've seen from the movies I showed them. And then doesn't seem to be any clear winner, although Mech's side was making a few good points in how powerful and destructive the machine was. And it always need a team to defeat it: Godzilla and King Caesar for Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla/ Godzilla and Mankind for Terror of MechaGodzilla.

While Hedorah's side made good points as well that Godzilla couldn't defeat Hedorah without mankind's help either. And that the monster itself like MechaGodzilla wasn't a push over, especially within its Final Form in which it was more than a match for Godzilla to handle alone. While taking note of how toxic the creature and how it could also grow more and more due to pollution. Hedorah posed a slightly bigger threat than MechaGodzilla, at least from that viewpoint.

Tohokingdom, mind silencing such a debate? Both forces were indeed extremely tough to defeat, and while MechaGodzilla is certainly a hammer that does its job in nailing down complete destruction upon Japan within its films. I might have to side with Hedorah in terms that he can grow larger and larger should it consume more pollution. Its kinda more intimidating and threatening than a killing machine.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Re: MechaGodzilla or Hedorah? Who was tougher to Defeat for

Post by Arbok »

Hedorah, as Godzilla would have never defeated him by himself if he hadn't had outside help.

Mechagodzilla, on the other hand, was a foe Godzilla might have been able to overpower, especially if would have used his magnetic power early. As shown in both films, Mechagodzilla has trouble with Godzilla once he gets into melee range... for Godzilla, the trouble is being able to get that close to him without being blasted away.

I don't think Godzilla could beat either solo, but has more of chance of doing so against Mechagodzilla than the final form of Hedorah.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

Eeeh....Kinda difficult to say who, both sides do bring up good points as more opponents were very powerful.

I might go with MechaGodzilla because for the most part, it pretty much tore Godzilla apart and could counter most of Godzilla's attacks. Even when it was two on one it had a vast enough design to handle such a situation just fine until Godzilla pulled out his Magneto ace in the hole. If Ceasar wasn't there, chances were that Godzilla probably wouldn't have made it out. Because without that second distraction, the main objective: Killing Godzilla, probably would have went a lot smoother.

Hedorah, is more or less a unpredictable subject to deal with. Godzilla could handle himself to a extent, its just that whenever he punched through it, or had to deal with its choking smog, or acidic slug, was he in dire trouble and need of assistance. Even more so, his atomic breath was much aid to him since it had little to no effect on Hedorah at all besides drying him out a bit. Its like attacking a punching bag, except if you tear into it then that sand will burn your flesh in seconds!

Eh, not sure on who to go with lol

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Hedorah. The reasons have pretty much already been given, but I'll reiterate: Godzilla couldn't defeat Hedorah. His atomic ray had no effect on Hedorah's body (just his eye), and he can't physically harm Hedorah.

MG, however, was effect by both the atomic ray and physical attack.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

I'm going with Hedorah, he couldn't be beaten if not for help.
The same could be said for Mechagodzilla, but I'm not sure.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Hedorah takes outside help.
MechaG doesn't.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:
Shadow wrote:I'm going with Hedorah, he couldn't be beaten if not for help.
The same could be said for Mechagodzilla, but I'm not sure.
Except that Godzilla has literally nothing in his arsenal to kill Hedorah.
I thought that is what I said, should've made it more clear.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Here' my new new View on Hedorah. I use to think he was the most powwerful Showa monster but now I see he is just the hardest to kill. Hedorah never really dominated Godzilla in a fight like MechaG did or King Ghidorah would have on early showa Godzilla.

Hedorah's immunity to Godzilla's ray and powers is what made Hedorah so deadly but when it came down to a fight Godzilla was able to go head to head against Hedorah every fight.

Hedorah takes the award as hardest for Godzilla to kill but as far as most powerful showa Kaiju he's any where from 1- 4 depending on where Godzilla, MechaGodzilla and King Ghidorah fall.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

MeltdownKoopa wrote:Hedorah takes outside help.
MechaG doesn't.
Really? So Godzilla didn't need King Caesar or even a Power-Up to win against MechaG? He didn't need mankind's help in Terror of MechaGodzilla? Correct me if I was wrong, but wasn't Godzilla losing horribly in that film and was pretty much buried?

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

Oh yeah..I forgot about. We're in the hell do that find the time to rebuild a MechaGodzilla without being noticed at all!

Alien: Alright there back it up, back the Space-craft up and crane the head slightly down into the base.
-Space-Crafts slowly does as instructed-
-Helicopter slowly flies nearby-
Alien: Sh!t, humans, everyone you know what to do!
-Alien workers take out film equipment and Katsura(whose in a bikini running from a pack of Aliens)-

Human pilot 1: See any strange activity here?
Human pilot 2: No, just some film crew making another Alien Hentai film.
Human Pilot 1: Uooh, live action Demon Beast Invasion?
Human Pilot 2: Nah I think I think its The Mysterians Unleashed.

Alien:....Phew...They're gone. Alright back to work!
Workers: Awwww.

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

ゴジラ wrote:Oh yeah..I forgot about. We're in the hell do that find the time to rebuild a MechaGodzilla without being noticed at all!

Alien: Alright there back it up, back the Space-craft up and crane the head slightly down into the base.
-Space-Crafts slowly does as instructed-
-Helicopter slowly flies nearby-
Alien: Sh!t, humans, everyone you know what to do!
-Alien workers take out film equipment and Katsura(whose in a bikini running from a pack of Aliens)-

Human pilot 1: See any strange activity here?
Human pilot 2: No, just some film crew making another Alien Hentai film.
Human Pilot 1: Uooh, live action Demon Beast Invasion?
Human Pilot 2: Nah I think I think its The Mysterians Unleashed.

Alien:....Phew...They're gone. Alright back to work!
Workers: Awwww.
XD Wow, well that would explain a lot.

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

ゴジラ wrote:
MechaG doesn't.
Really? So Godzilla didn't need King Caesar or even a Power-Up to win against MechaG? He didn't need mankind's help in Terror of MechaGodzilla? Correct me if I was wrong, but wasn't Godzilla losing horribly in that film and was pretty much buried?
Titano helped MG.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

MeltdownKoopa wrote:
ゴジラ wrote:
MechaG doesn't.
Titano helped MG.
Still doesn't change the fact that Godzilla need mankind's help. Which was outside help.

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Yeah,true. Abstain then.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

If Hedorah appeared in a new Godzilla movie and the military wasn't there to aid Godzilla, the filmmakers would probably introduce another Chekvhov's gun early on that would allow Godzilla to defeat him, like Godzilla's magnetic force in MECHAGODZILLA.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

Hedorah, he is tragic monster how Godzilla is. Hedorah was the creation of the humans, would be cool if they could remake Hedorah in the new film, a redesigned symbiotic like creature. but on topic, Hedorah was the harder one to take down,.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:Hedorah was an alien that fed off our crap.
that too, still tragic

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:So all it wanted was a hug. :cry:

No wonder why he spared the kitty.

(How do you know Hedorah has human emotions?)
Those eyes, speak to ME!

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

Living Corpse wrote:He maybe the villain of the film, but he is also a tragic villain in that he ended up falling on a planet he really does not belong on.
It's sad when you think about it.
You are so beautiful... to me.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Hedorah is not a tragic Villain, He blinded a man, crapped on Godzilla several times and he probable split himself on purpose just to get strong enough to fight Godzilla.

As I said before Godzilla just lacked a way to beat Hedorah, this plus Hedorah's smog and acid is the only reason Godzilla started to lose as with MechaG it was either an advanced version of himself or two on 1.

Hedorah still gets hardest to beat though.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image