Powers Talkback: Diamond Cocoon, Buzzsaw, Explosive Claws

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Powers Talkback: Diamond Cocoon, Buzzsaw, Explosive Claw

Post by edgaguirus »

The buzz saw flybys were very effective against Godzilla. In my head I can clearly see the scene where Gigan buzzes Godzilla's shoulder and a gush of blood shoots out. The only problem with it is that is can only be used when close up, but when used close up, it's a dangerous weapon.

I haven't seen Zonefighter fight Gigan, so I can't really comment on the explosive tip claws.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

edgaguirus wrote:The buzz saw flybys were very effective against Godzilla. In my head I can clearly see the scene where Gigan buzzes Godzilla's shoulder and a gush of blood shoots out. The only problem with it is that is can only be used when close up, but when used close up, it's a dangerous weapon.

I haven't seen Zonefighter fight Gigan, so I can't really comment on the explosive tip claws.
I remember there was a video posted a while back of the scene. It might be on Youtube, but I'd also suggest looking on other video hosting sites. The scene is floating somewhere around the web, that I'm sure of.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I think the meat-hook hands and abdominal saw is what makes Gigan unique and badass. The crystal cocoon is neat, but Ghidorah was doing it before it was cool >.>
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I haven't seen his movies in way too damn long (and I need to stop having to say that), but I do remember the buzzsaw flyby attacks. Cool stuff. Very effective.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
I remember there was a video posted a while back of the scene. It might be on Youtube, but I'd also suggest looking on other video hosting sites. The scene is floating somewhere around the web, that I'm sure of.

It's still on youtube. That is a powerful blow, and would have really been useful against Godzilla.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.