Did Titanosaurus die? :<

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Re: Did Titanosaurus die? :<

Post by Stevo_1985 »

King of the Monsters wrote:
Stevo_1985 wrote: On the flipside Kumonga went up in flames and was killed in SoG yet appeared later in DaM. So that kind of negates that argument.
Well, official books tend to refer to the DAM Kumonga as "second generation," so it may not be the same individual.
Ahh ok. I never read anything about that so I just assumed it was the same one.. honestly I don't think there's enough evidence to suggest he lived or died. I would like to believe he lived though.
Last edited by Stevo_1985 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

I always assumed that Kumonga in DAM was another Kumonga. If you had multiple Kamikiras on Soll-Gel Island is it a stretch to think there was another Kumonga on the other side of the Island in an underground burrow during the events of Son of Godzilla?
Last edited by The Octopus on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I mean, if there can be two near-identical Godzillas, and two near-identical Anguiruses, anything else becomes pretty plausible...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Everything about Godzilla was far more lethal in 75, Titano was killed.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Since he's one of my favorite kaiju im gonna go with Tanaka's word and say he lived :)
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

I would definitely say he's dead. I think it's pretty cut and dry by Toho that he's intended to be dead. Of course with no confirmation of a corpse or anyone confirming his demise; It's possible, he could have survived in a catatonic state similar to Heisei KG in GVSKG only in his case though healing slowly and perhaps eventually recovering. However, I find this an extreme long shot at best. For all intensive purposes, poor ol' Titano bit the dust. That's how I've always interpreted it.
Dedicated To Darkness..

Godzilla Mothra
Yojimbo

Post by Godzilla Mothra »

I believe Titanosaurus is still alive.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

That direct blast could well have been lethal, but other monsters have survived direct blasts. I'd say Titanosaurus was seriously hurt, but is still alive and slowly recovering.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:I always assumed that Kumonga in DAM was another Kumonga.
Considering he was literally burned alive, I think that's a safe assumption.

As For Titanosaurus, considering this was the last Showa film, there's no real way to know. Even then, it's unlikely any follow up films would have addressed it.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

I'd call Titano dead, for sure. A major theme of ToMG was death; just as Katsura was an innocent that died at the hands of ulterior motives, Titano was, as well. Neither intended to be evil, but were more or less forced to be for their own and other's sake.

Edit - Apparently this has already been said in the thread. Great minds, boys, great minds. :P
Last edited by Mechagigan on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daimajin
Young Farmer

Post by Daimajin »

Even the sweetest may fall...

But it's a shame! I love my long-necked water dino, and even if he was peaceful, he could at least make cameos of some sort, right? Same goes for the whole 'but he's dead so he can't come back' thing. Plenty of Kaiju die and return! And while Titanosaurus here might not have crazy regenerative abilities like Gyaos or Destoroyah or other Kaiju who've presumably died, I'm sure there's some way a director could fit him into the plot, even as a side-character.

As if the Godzilla franchise didn't have enough plot holes already, right?
Toho Kingdom? Daiei Village amirite