Is Godzilla a fictional character in All Monsters Attack?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Re: Is Godzilla a fictional character in All Monsters Attack

Post by Gojira-Fan »

Terrier wrote:
So, in AMA, the kid's fantasies could be based on movies; yet said movies, in AMA's universe, could have been based on "real" events, or on the existence of "real" monsters, one of them being Godzilla. Maybe the incident/s involving Godzilla happened so many years prior that people dared to start using him on their popular culture... Just like the Atomic Bomb...
That is a creative theory. However, I can't imagine such a convoluted theory being truth in a children's film.

But I suppose this whole debate is more for fun anyway.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Aren't most of our debates like that?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Carthormerr
Interpol Agent

Post by Carthormerr »

He was on acid
"A monster can live forever"

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Im guessing that although he dreamed about him, maybe Godzilla in reality was just chillin in Monster Island with
the rest of the Earth Defenders.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Terrier
JXSDF Technician

Post by Terrier »

Gojira-Fan wrote:
Terrier wrote:
So, in AMA, the kid's fantasies could be based on movies; yet said movies, in AMA's universe, could have been based on "real" events, or on the existence of "real" monsters, one of them being Godzilla. Maybe the incident/s involving Godzilla happened so many years prior that people dared to start using him on their popular culture... Just like the Atomic Bomb...
That is a creative theory. However, I can't imagine such a convoluted theory being truth in a children's film.

But I suppose this whole debate is more for fun anyway.
The theory has both Godzilla as a fictional monster and as a real monster. We could consider that "AMA" (Directed by Ishiro Honda) takes most of its stock footage from "Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster" and "The Son of Godzilla", two movies (directed by Jun Fukuda) that were the most "fun" and "kid friendly" of the series until that point. We have Godzilla, who eventually becomes a japanese icon both in the real world and in the late Showa movies... So maybe in "AMA"'s universe, "Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster" and "The Son of Godzilla" exist as movies for kids, while the "real" Godzilla is somewhere else, maybe in Monsterland like Giga Kaiju said.