Connecting The Showa Godzilla Continuity

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Goji
Xilien Halfling

Re: Connecting The Showa Godzilla Continuity

Post by Goji »

King of the Monsters wrote:The restored suit only makes an appearance during the closing scene on Monsterland and early on a computer screen, only a smaller prop is visible during the confrontation at Mount Fuji.
Yeah, he already pointed that out.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Makes you realize how much the Baragon suit was constantly modified and reused. :dizzy:
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

Some other people and I were going back through 1954-1999 Super Complete Works and a couple other Japanese books, and I realize I read the Baragon stuff wrong. The suit's torso was heavily damaged and needed to be restored along with the head, but that wasn't the reason Baragon wasn't used in the Paris scene. That book and another one both mention that the filmmakers were having difficulties with the suit's ears for the Arc De Triomphe scene, and it ultimately necessitated using Gorosaurus in the role instead. Also, Toho Special Effects Movie Complete Works has an interesting tidbit that Maguma was originally intended for the Paris scene in a close-to-final version of the screenplay before he was canned in favor of Baragon.

Sorry, I know this isn't really the topic of the thread, but I wanted to correct myself from earlier.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

King of the Monsters wrote:Some other people and I were going back through 1954-1999 Super Complete Works and a couple other Japanese books, and I realize I read the Baragon stuff wrong. The suit's torso was heavily damaged and needed to be restored along with the head, but that wasn't the reason Baragon wasn't used in the Paris scene. That book and another one both mention that the filmmakers were having difficulties with the suit's ears for the Arc De Triomphe scene, and it ultimately necessitated using Gorosaurus in the role instead. Also, Toho Special Effects Movie Complete Works has an interesting tidbit that Maguma was originally intended for the Paris scene in a close-to-final version of the screenplay before he was canned in favor of Baragon.

Sorry, I know this isn't really the topic of the thread, but I wanted to correct myself from earlier.
I actually kind of like how it turns out in the film. It seems kind of like something that might happen in the confusion of a sudden monster invasion, that some information would be reported incorrectly.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
King of the Monsters wrote:Some other people and I were going back through 1954-1999 Super Complete Works and a couple other Japanese books, and I realize I read the Baragon stuff wrong. The suit's torso was heavily damaged and needed to be restored along with the head, but that wasn't the reason Baragon wasn't used in the Paris scene. That book and another one both mention that the filmmakers were having difficulties with the suit's ears for the Arc De Triomphe scene, and it ultimately necessitated using Gorosaurus in the role instead. Also, Toho Special Effects Movie Complete Works has an interesting tidbit that Maguma was originally intended for the Paris scene in a close-to-final version of the screenplay before he was canned in favor of Baragon.

I actually kind of like how it turns out in the film. It seems kind of like something that might happen in the confusion of a sudden monster invasion, that some information would be reported incorrectly.
This is true, I wish they had made some sort of acknowledgement of this though in the film. Would have made it more than just head canon.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

mechagodzilla27
Yojimbo

Post by mechagodzilla27 »

according to a book called the godzilla dictionary the flims varan, atargon, Frankenstein vs. Baragon, the war of the gargantuas, and king kong escapes are a part of the showa continuity
time to protect people

:mechagodzilla: