Destroyah vs Mechagodzilla (Monsterverse)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
SoggyNoodles2016

Destroyah vs Mechagodzilla (Monsterverse)

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Well, we've had every other powerhouse in the FMs fight the cyborg, why not the Oxygen Destroyer personified? (Also, is this officially the first match to non-spoiler him?)

Mechagodzilla

Destroyah

Arena: Osaka

Rules: Mechagodzilla is 120 meters. I don't know weight so y'all can figure out.

Verdict: this is honestly pretty close. Destroyah doesn't take strong beams/hits well so Mechagodzilla has an advantage.....but the Laser Katana will RUIN MG and there's no definite way his Proton Scream or engine punches can put down the swarm due to the lack of heat or cold (though you could maybe aruge with how the Scream was going though buildings, maybe....)

I can't tell so coin flip it lol

RIP Evan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Destroyah vs Mechagodzilla (Monsterverse)

Post by _JNavs_ »

I think, and this is the first time I'm saying this about an MV character, I think Destroyah wipes MG...

MG fell apart like legos at the meer thought of the radiated axe Kong had. Now we're talking about a humongous walking Oxygen destroyer with a giant horn of slashy doom. MG will likely get shredded like cheddar cheese.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

This is a tough one. Destoroyah’s Variable Slicer will be absolutely brutal, if Kong’s supercharged axe did what it did than MechaG will be in for Hell against it. Mechagodzilla does have a major advantage in melee otherwise, and the Proton Scream would likely be very painful if used directly on Destoroyah’s chest-flower thing. Aside from that specific weak spot I do think Destoroyah could survive the Proton Scream, she wasn’t getting completely shredded apart by Critical Burning’s spiral rays except for things like half her head crest getting obliterated.

The swarm could prove troublesome if they get up where Mechagodzilla’s tail can’t reach and start bashing away at weak spots. Otherwise I don’t see them doing much, machines won’t exactly care about being shrouded in micro-oxygen.

Ultimately I lean Destoroyah because Mechagodzilla’s only reliable way to put Destoroyah down is to use the Proton Scream repeatedly on both Perfect Form and Aggregate Swarm until too many of the microbes are destroyed for it to reform, and given how at no point will Mechagodzilla be exuding a massive wall of heat all around him as an armada of freeze weapons aid him, will likely be much more than two times to the former and once to the latter. Which gives Destoroyah ample time to wear Mechagodzilla down and eventually start hacking him apart.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Destoroyah has this for two distinct reasons. One, the Variable Slicer will cut through him like butter. Two, Micro Oxygen, which is in all of Destoroyah’s beams, is said to go through any metal it touches. The moment the Micro Oxygen hits Mechagodzilla, he is going to corrode away with each successful hit.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

I think everyone's forgetting the fact that Dessy only uses the laser horn like ONCE against Burning Godzilla. Otherwise, it's just bump wars and beams. And Dessy is so hilariously stiff and fragile that MG is going to manhandle him before he even gets to use the laser horn most likely.

You also have to remember that Dessy doesn't just hate extremely cold temperatures, but extreme heat as well. The Proton Scream is very, VERY hot, and a blast or two is likely going to make Dessy either go running for the hills, or mutilate him badly enough for Mechagodzilla to just keep utterly dominating him.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

Giving this to Des. Mechagodzilla has no real way to kill him. Sure he can beat him down and fly circles around him most likely but how is he going to actually injure Des? MechaG doesn't seem too used to using his proton scream and even then I doubt it is enough. I don't think the proton scream is as deadly as Heisei Godzilla's spiral ray, which Dest could take a few shots of. Dest isn't stupid either and will probably learn that the swarm trick would work nicely. Even if I give MechaG the benefit of the doubt with the proton scream damage, that oxygen destroyer ray is going to do him in. It hasn't shown any evidence of being able to be beam locked and oxygen destroyer can destroy more or less anything. If a charged axe of Kong's does critical damage to the machine I imagine the laser horn would do the same as well.

Gheeeeedra!
Ronin

Post by Gheeeeedra! »

Ooo this is a really good one.

Each has weaponry that’s gonna be a real bad day for the other. The Micro-Oxygen beam will put some serious hurt on MG. I’m not sure he can take more than a few of those. The horn katana also would probably end MG’s fight, but to be honest, he shouldn’t be worried about that. Destroyah uses it sparingly and if the battle mores to close combat Mechagodzilla will just be ragdolling Destroyah. There’s not much he can do to escape MG’s grapples but breakdown into smaller forms that are easy fodder for energy slams and photon screams. Also, the photon scream... yeah that’s gonna hurt Destroyah. Yes he did tank spiral heat rays, but they eventually did him in, and the power of the photon scream is around its level, be it slightly stronger or weaker. It’s going to hurt Destroyah. If he goes flying it’s going to knock him on his ass.

I think of the Heisei monsters to fight MG in our FM’s so far, Destroyah has the best chance to pull a win. His beam is good enough to eventually put down MG, the horn katana is an improbable wild card, and her durability feats are pretty nice. But as per usual, I think in most instances, MV Mechagodzilla would be able to evade or tank enough beams to get into close combat where he just slaughters opponents who simply don’t have the options to respond to the way he can manhandle them, while abusing them with energy strikes, and then it’s a kiss of death away.

Mechagodzilla 6/10

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

MechaG can't really kill Destoroyah. You have to get rid of all that remains of the micro oxygen crustacean demon to get rid of him. While Mechagodzilla might certainly dominate Destoroyah with sheer strength and shoves, its just going to delay Desy's inevitable use of the Horn Katana. That thing was practically made just to kill someone like Mechagodzilla who we saw fall apart with some swing by Kong's axe. Granted Kong may be physically stronger (and more capable) but the Horn Katana should be potent enough to end MechaG where he stands after a swing or two of it. Winner Destoroyah. Only chance MechaG has is if he makes Destoroyah split into many aggregate forms and then kills them each individually.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:53 pm I think, and this is the first time I'm saying this about an MV character, I think Destroyah wipes MG...

MG fell apart like legos at the meer thought of the radiated axe Kong had. Now we're talking about a humongous walking Oxygen destroyer with a giant horn of slashy doom. MG will likely get shredded like cheddar cheese.
Pretty much this. Coupled with the fact that MG doesn't really have anything that can keep Destoroyah down.

Added in 3 minutes 46 seconds:
Giratina93 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:03 pm I think everyone's forgetting the fact that Dessy only uses the laser horn like ONCE against Burning Godzilla. Otherwise, it's just bump wars and beams.
He also only got into melee range on the ground TWICE in the entire battle. Every other time he was at a distance or was making flyby attacks.

That brings it down effectively to a coin toss on whether or not he'll use it. 50/50 is bad odds for Mechagodzilla, who likes to get up in people's faces.
Last edited by Spuro on Fri May 28, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

I'm so tired of this "Destoroyah wins because [insert opponent] can't kill him" thing. A fighter doesn't need to be permanently killed in order to lose. If a fighter is removed from the battle for long enough that their opponent can get bored and move on, that's a freaking loss. And that's what happened when Destoroyah breaks down and the Aggregates are fought off. Retreat counts as a loss too, and Destoroyah has done that when getting a bad enough ass whooping too.

The Laser Horn could indeed end Mechagodzilla if it gets used. But the problem is Destoroyah isn't going to get the chance to use it. Remember, MV Godzilla outweighs Destoroyah and totally eclipses both Destoroyah and Heisei Godzilla in melee capability. MG overwhelmed MV Godzilla in melee and was ragdolling him all over the city. There is NO WAY Destoroyah is going to be able to mount any sort of resistance against MG.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

Given that Des is a conglomerate organism and was only shown truly retreating when up against Godzilla's peak power I would say it is a fair argument. Des can't be killed my Mechagodzilla's arsenal yet Des can destroy Mechagodzilla. I don't think even the proton scream comes close to that infinite spiral ray so I doubt Des is gonna retreat. That leaves incapacitation as the only other way for Mechagodzilla to "win." We haven't really seen any proof of Des being vulnerable. I don't think it is fair to call splitting into it smaller forms is a loss either because it is clearly part of a fighting strategy. Mechagodzilla still lacks weapons with a huge kill radius to deal with those. In fact I think that strategy might even be more effect than if Des just stayed as a single creature. The proton scream would probably take out a few. Maybe even some missiles. Not enough to matter with oxygen destroyer attacks coming everywhere.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Zasraniec wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:03 pm I don't think even the proton scream comes close to that infinite spiral ray so I doubt Des is gonna retreat. That leaves incapacitation as the only other way for Mechagodzilla to "win." We haven't really seen any proof of Des being vulnerable.
You're conveniently forgetting the part where Destoroyah got blown open by just a regular non-Spiral beam and started spewing blood everywhere. That's the whole reason he was forced to break down in the first place.
I don't think it is fair to call splitting into it smaller forms is a loss either because it is clearly part of a fighting strategy. Mechagodzilla still lacks weapons with a huge kill radius to deal with those. In fact I think that strategy might even be more effect than if Des just stayed as a single creature. The proton scream would probably take out a few. Maybe even some missiles. Not enough to matter with oxygen destroyer attacks coming everywhere.
You're kidding, right? The Aggregates are a freaking joke. One of them exploded just from Godzilla throwing it. And he took out the rest just by falling over. If Heisei Godzilla's inflexible ass can successfully fend off the Aggregate swarm using purely physical means, MV MG won't have any problem whatsoever.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

Regular non spiral beam? Burning Godzilla always had the spiral ray. We're talking about the same movie right? While he was clearly injured though guess what? His life wasn't in real danger so he just changed tactics. You pretty much said it yourself. In fact Dest seems to know when splitting or combining is a good move which I will get to in a second. As for the aggregates being a joke I don't think that is fair. We have to keep in mind Godzilla's temperature was well over 500 degrees celsius at the time of split and Dest isn't good on extreme temperatures especially cold. The same reason the cold maser tanks were effective on the aggregates at first but then Dest changed tactics that time and combined into one creature. Those very same masers were ineffective against the combined creature's new mass. I don't think we have temperatures on the Proton Scream but I doubt it is close to Godzilla's temperature and even if I give it the benefit of the doubt just for this match it is still too concentrated and narrow of a radius to actually seriously hurt a creature that is made up of a bunch of smaller creatures. Heisei Godzilla also has excellent regeneration which is why I am guessing oxygen destroyer blasts didn't just do him in. Mechagodzilla doesn't have that. In fact he has no defense against beams except beam locks which the oxygen destroyer beam and not been shown to be compatible with.