Godzilla and Kong vs ... Godzilla and Kong?

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Voyager
Keizer

Godzilla and Kong vs ... Godzilla and Kong?

Post by Voyager »

Godzilla (Showa) + Kong (MV) vs Godzilla (MV) + King Kong (Showa)

Rules: MV Scaling
Kong has his axe, and it can be powered by BOTH Gojis.
King Kong will be electrified 1 minute into the fight.
Fight to the Death.
Godzilla can not go burning, and is just as he is in GvK.

Arena: Hong Kong

Verdict: Honestly, going with Showa G and Monkey Thor. King Kong, unfortunately for his 2021 teammate, is just too weak to keep up with his counterpart, or even his Showa nemesis. KK, amplified or not, will be the first to fall, easily. Then, it’s a 2v1. We all know how Godzilla v Kong goes, but Kong’s got his crazy 70’s partner with him, and I believe that is enough to turn the tides of battle.

It’s commonly accepted that Showa and MV Goji are pretty rough equals, with most of us agreeing that MV has but a slight advantage over his Showa counterpart. So if Kong by himself is a challenge for Godzilla, how do we think it’s gonna be when the Monke has a near-equal to Godzilla as his partner. Both Showa and Kong will be hitting hard, and more often than Godzilla can do to them. And then we have the axe, which will be eventually powered by MV or Showa. And it will HURT. And to boot, we all know Showa’s a pretty smart guy, yes? I’m sure he’s smart enough to know that shooting his beam at Kong’s axe makes it stronger, so he will continuously do it to better Kong’s fighting ability.

Eventually, Godzilla will be worn down by the two beasts of melee, and will fall. Showa Godzilla and MV Kong beat their counterparts.
For Emperor and Empire!

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla and Kong vs ... Godzilla and Kong?

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

So Toho Kong is dead weight here. 70's Showa Godzilla is leaps and miles ahead of him, and so too is MV Kong. So, this within seconds will be a 2v1, which might spell disaster for LPG... except from what we' ve seen of him, especially in GvK, he still has a reslly solid chance here. Even with the axe charged up, Kong just couldn't do much of anything serious to Godzilla aside from piss him off, and for all of Showa Godzilla's own strength, LPG is just plain more terrifying and makes better use of his strength. Nevermind how goddamn beam spam happy he is, to the point of making Shin and Heisei jealous.

If the duo can lock him down and go to town, they have a chance at winning this. But they need to play this PERFECTLY, or LPG is putting both of them in the dirt.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

Is it the Showa Godzilla from KKvG? If so then MV Godzilla and Showa Kong win by default. Once Kong gets electricity it is over for Showa Godzilla. Then they will gang up on MV Kong. If we are talking about Showa Godzilla down the road it will be more even. If that is the case I am going to give this to Showa Godzilla and MV Kong. While MV Kong will be overpowered by MV Godzilla I am sure Showa Godzilla will help him. Toho Kong even on electricity I don't think will last long without Godzilla being weakened by electricity.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Zasraniec wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:04 pm Is it the Showa Godzilla from KKvG? If so then MV Godzilla and Showa Kong win by default. Once Kong gets electricity it is over for Showa Godzilla. Then they will gang up on MV Kong. If we are talking about Showa Godzilla down the road it will be more even. If that is the case I am going to give this to Showa Godzilla and MV Kong. While MV Kong will be overpowered by MV Godzilla I am sure Showa Godzilla will help him. Toho Kong even on electricity I don't think will last long without Godzilla being weakened by electricity.
Considering the OP mentions "70's partner", this is 70's Showa Godzilla...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

While I wouldn’t go so far as to call it a blowout victory, I really don’t see how MV Kong and Showa Godzilla don’t decisively secure the win. Showa Kong, even supercharged, is a non-factor; this’ll be a 2v1 battle within a matter of moments. And from there, how is LPG supposed to keep up with two kaiju who could, individually, give him a good fight? At least for an extended brawl. Both MV Kong and Showa Godzilla are smart enough to capitalize on their numbers advantage and create openings for the other to really lay into their opponent, especially when LPG has displayed a lack of situational awareness on more than one occasion when dealing with multiple adversaries (i.e. the Mutos). He’s gonna get outmaneuvered and worn down.

And GvK Godzilla’s spamming would be a problem... except Kong, on his own, proved capable of effectively fending off the Atomic Breath. Now he has even further (and very competent) assistance here. LPG is going to have an even greater difficulty landing a worthwhile hit with his ranged weapon. Or with any weapon, for that matter.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

This is a case of your partner being your death sentence. Showa Godzilla & Legendary Godzilla are quite comparable and balanced in this respect, Showa Kong and Legendary Kong however are not, and that imbalance works against Legendary Godzilla as he'll be stuck fighting and 2 on 1 fight and while he has proven he can best one of them and has a chance to beat Showa 1 on 1 the team would be too much especially given Kong carries a hard Atomic Breath counter.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Zasraniec wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:04 pm Is it the Showa Godzilla from KKvG? If so then MV Godzilla and Showa Kong win by default. Once Kong gets electricity it is over for Showa Godzilla. Then they will gang up on MV Kong. If we are talking about Showa Godzilla down the road it will be more even. If that is the case I am going to give this to Showa Godzilla and MV Kong. While MV Kong will be overpowered by MV Godzilla I am sure Showa Godzilla will help him. Toho Kong even on electricity I don't think will last long without Godzilla being weakened by electricity.
Usually on the FMs, Showa Godzilla just means him as of Terror of Mechagodzilla unless specified.
For Emperor and Empire!