Godzilla (MV) vs Grand King Ghidorah

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Godzilla (MV) vs Grand King Ghidorah

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

The second destruction of King Ghidorah at the hands of Godzilla and Kong has drawn the attention of another member of its kind...

Godzilla (MV) VS Grand King Ghidorah

Arena: Osaka

Rules: GvK Godzilla.
Grand is scaled up to 150 meters tall and 120,000 tons in weight.

Verdict: Grand King Ghidorah takes it. Godzilla’s atomic ray will be worthless here, which leaves him powerless to deal with Grand’s beam spam from above. The Proton Scream may pack more power than the three gravity bolts put together, but it was used much more sparingly than Grand’s bolts will be here.

If Grand goes in for melee he’ll definitely be overwhelmed immediately, but I think he has enough durability to survive it long enough to pull back and focus on unleashing everything he has in his arsenal until Godzilla falls.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla (MV) vs Grand King Ghidorah

Post by ShinGojira14 »

While I do think that, in the right circumstances, both monsters are capable of besting each other, I think Grand King Ghidorah definitely has a MUCH higher chance of winning this battle. MonsterVerse Godzilla’s melee attacks will do next to nothing to the King of Terror due to his high durability, and his atomic ray will either be rendered ineffective entirely by Ghidorah’s light barrier or do no harm besides push the hydra back with its concussive force—at which point King Ghidorah will then return fire with his gravity beams, which will rip and detonate on contact with Godzilla’s skin.

And unlike other incarnations of the character, MonsterVerse Godzilla has no healing factor, leaving him at a grave disadvantage.

Godzilla’s best option would be to either Kiss-of-Death all three of Ghidorah’s heads, or become Burning Godzilla and just hope that it will be enough—which may be unlikely, given how it needed to take a literal upgraded god in the form of Armor Mothra to defeat Grand King Ghidorah.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

I’d honestly give Ghidorah good odds of winning this as well.

As others have said, his barrier is going seriously diminish the effectiveness of the Atomic Breath. And even if Godzilla overpowers him in melee, his go-to move is just to pin his opponent underfoot. LPG stomping on your chest is going to hurt, sure, but it isn’t going to be lethal. At least not lethal enough to kill GKG before he starts hurling extremely potent Gravity Bolts into Godzilla’s face. I mean, they might not be as potent as the Proton Scream, but they don’t have to be. They’re stronger than MV Ghidorah’s Gravity Beams, and we saw how effective those were against MV Godzilla. Plus, any shortfalls in power GKG’s weapons have compared to the Proton Scream are easily compensated by the fact that he spams them. Godzilla is going to be on his ass and in a lot of pain as soon as Ghidorah retaliates.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

The barrier really seals this. MV Goji is powerful and without the barrier, GKG might be in for some serious trouble, but with it, GKG is just too durable. If Godzilla had a reliable way to go burning, he'd be golden, but without that power-up he's about to be rendered obsolete...
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I personally think MV Godzilla would tear Grand King Ghidorah to pieces up close making the energy barrier a moot point. Heck I am not even sure the barrier could take one of MV Godzilla's atomic blasts given the recent feats in GVK but regardless of that I tend to favor MV Godzilla in a tough clash.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

Well MV Godzilla isn't really too powerful compared to most Godzilla forms of incarnations. Mechagodzilla crushed him. While I do think a lot of that was because of Godzilla being drained from constant fighting and out of character beam spamming, Grand Ghidorah is much more fearsome than MV Mechagodzilla. If he can stand up to even RoM Mothra's most powerful forms except for Armor Mothra, then he will slice Godzilla up like mince meat. The only chance Godzilla has is if he gets to go in Burning Form. Although Ghidorah's shield may render those pulses useless too.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Zasraniec wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:37 pm Well MV Godzilla isn't really too powerful compared to most Godzilla forms of incarnations. Mechagodzilla crushed him. While I do think a lot of that was because of Godzilla being drained from constant fighting and out of character beam spamming, Grand Ghidorah is much more fearsome than MV Mechagodzilla. If he can stand up to even RoM Mothra's most powerful forms except for Armor Mothra, then he will slice Godzilla up like mince meat. The only chance Godzilla has is if he gets to go in Burning Form. Although Ghidorah's shield may render those pulses useless too.
That feels like a major presumption to go off of, and I am not sure it is that founded personally. There isn't a single beam feat in the Heisei films (Which was all about beam spamming) that matches Godzilla's Hollow Earth digging feat and that wasn't even a supercharged Godzilla. He also took an actual nuke explosion right next to his face while he was at his weakest and survived it to feed of the radiation and become supercharged. Which is a better durability feat than most, not to mention things like slapping high speed jets out of the air with his tail, tagging an especially evasive MV Kong and overpowering physically a monster of a bruiser in MV Ghidorah.

Just saying think MV Godzilla is being undersold here. I don't see the Mechagodzilla feat as an anti-one given Mechagodizlla was bodying him and MV Kong requiring hacking and a supercharged axe to defeat and to presume Grand Ghidorah could easily beat it is not something I would agree with.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

The importance of GKG's barrier is being vastly overrated in this fight. Even ignoring the fact that MV Godzilla is a physical fighter first and foremost, there's the fact that GKG's barrier isn't perfect in the first place. Rainbow Mothra's beams still partially made it through, and it outright didn't activate at all against Armor Mothra's beam. The reason for the latter is debatable: 1) Armor Mothra's beam has some weird anti-shield hax, 2) GKG lost the use of his barrier completely after his "revival," or 3) the barrier simply doesn't activate against sufficiently powerful beams. Reasons 1 and 2 would mean it would still be in full effect here, but if it's reason 3 then I have little doubt MV Godzilla's beam surpasses the threshold to get past it. But even if it's reason 1 or 2, again, the barrier isn't perfect and still partially lets beams through. And also again, having his beam's effectiveness reduced really isn't going to put much of a damper on MV Godzilla's combat effectiveness.

At any rate, if GKG fights smart and just takes to the air and rains beams down nonstop, he could take this pretty easily. Unfortunately for him, that's really not how he fights. Even against the fully airborne Mothra, he primarily stayed on the ground. That's not going to pan out well for him against MV Godzilla, who has the speed and strength necessary to bumrush him and start tearing into him with teeth and claws. Still, GKG has a chance to pull off the win since his beams are really freaking strong, but I think Godzilla would win more often than not.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

[quote]
> That feels like a major presumption to go off of, and I am not sure it is
> that founded personally. There isn't a single beam feat in the Heisei films
> (Which was all about beam spamming) that matches Godzilla's Hollow Earth
> digging feat and that wasn't even a supercharged Godzilla. He also took an
> actual nuke explosion right next to his face while he was at his weakest
> and survived it to feed of the radiation and become supercharged. Which is
> a better durability feat than most, not to mention things like slapping
> high speed jets out of the air with his tail, tagging an especially evasive
> MV Kong and overpowering physically a monster of a bruiser in MV Ghidorah.
>
> Just saying think MV Godzilla is being undersold here. I don't see the
> Mechagodzilla feat as an anti-one given Mechagodizlla was bodying him and
> MV Kong requiring hacking and a supercharged axe to defeat and to presume
> Grand Ghidorah could easily beat it is not something I would agree with.[/quote]
> [b]Well MV Godzilla isn't really too powerful compared to most Godzilla
> forms of incarnations.[/b] Mechagodzilla crushed him. While I do think a
> lot of that was because of Godzilla being drained from constant fighting
> and out of character beam spamming, Grand Ghidorah is much more fearsome
> than MV Mechagodzilla. If he can stand up to even RoM Mothra's most
> powerful forms except for Armor Mothra, then he will slice Godzilla up like
> mince meat. The only chance Godzilla has is if he gets to go in Burning
> Form. Although Ghidorah's shield may render those pulses useless too.
> [/quote]

I would say Heisei infinite spiral ray is far more powerful than that Hollow Earth feat. It supposedly gets exponentially more powerful after each shot. I even think the standard Heisei blue beam is more powerful than MV Godzilla's just by looking at the damage it has done to opponents and how much more explosive it is. Heisei at the peak of his power also could destroy the world. So far MV Godzilla can't. MV Godzilla also fired his beam three times at Ghidorah. The first time he couldn't even hit him despite being practically twice his size and the second time knocked him down and hit but only because Ghidorah was off guard. The final time all it seemed to do was push Ghidorah back and that was WITH nuke power ups. So far the MV Godzilla has needed assistance on ever fight except 1v1 with MUTOs or Kong and even then Godzilla fought Kong at his most battle hardened state. I would say that destroys MV Godzilla capabilities. Godzilla still lost the beam lock with Mechagodzilla anyway. Plus Godzilla by default is nuke proof. As far back as 1954. So clearly it must take a lot of energy to do something like that. Also Grand Ghidorah wiped out the dinosaurs by himself and required Mothra to travel back over 60 million years just to stand a chance against a weaker Ghidorah and need to evolve about 64 million years to actually beat him.
Last edited by Zasraniec on Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Zasraniec wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:58 pm
> That feels like a major presumption to go off of, and I am not sure it is
> that founded personally. There isn't a single beam feat in the Heisei films
> (Which was all about beam spamming) that matches Godzilla's Hollow Earth
> digging feat and that wasn't even a supercharged Godzilla. He also took an
> actual nuke explosion right next to his face while he was at his weakest
> and survived it to feed of the radiation and become supercharged. Which is
> a better durability feat than most, not to mention things like slapping
> high speed jets out of the air with his tail, tagging an especially evasive
> MV Kong and overpowering physically a monster of a bruiser in MV Ghidorah.
>
> Just saying think MV Godzilla is being undersold here. I don't see the
> Mechagodzilla feat as an anti-one given Mechagodizlla was bodying him and
> MV Kong requiring hacking and a supercharged axe to defeat and to presume
> Grand Ghidorah could easily beat it is not something I would agree with.
> Well MV Godzilla isn't really too powerful compared to most Godzilla
> forms of incarnations.
Mechagodzilla crushed him. While I do think a
> lot of that was because of Godzilla being drained from constant fighting
> and out of character beam spamming, Grand Ghidorah is much more fearsome
> than MV Mechagodzilla. If he can stand up to even RoM Mothra's most
> powerful forms except for Armor Mothra, then he will slice Godzilla up like
> mince meat. The only chance Godzilla has is if he gets to go in Burning
> Form. Although Ghidorah's shield may render those pulses useless too.
>

I would say Heisei infinite spiral ray is far more powerful than that Hollow Earth feat. It supposedly gets exponentially more powerful after each shot. I even think the standard Heisei blue beam is more powerful than MV Godzilla's just by looking at the damage it has done to opponents and how much more explosive it is. Heisei at the peak of his power also could destroy the world. So far MV Godzilla can't. MV Godzilla also fired his beam three times at Ghidorah. The first time he couldn't even hit him despite being practically twice his size and the second time knocked him down and hit but only because Ghidorah was off guard. The final time all it seemed to do was push Ghidorah back and that was WITH nuke power ups. So far the MV Godzilla has needed assistance on ever fight except 1v1 with MUTOs or Kong and even then Godzilla fought Kong at his most battle hardened state. I would say that destroys MV Godzilla capabilities. Godzilla still lost the beam lock with Mechagodzilla anyway. Plus Godzilla by default is nuke proof. As far back as 1954. So clearly it must take a lot of energy to do something like that. Also Grand Ghidorah wiped out the dinosaurs by himself and required Mothra to travel back over 60 million years just to stand a chance against a weaker Ghidorah and need to evolve about 64 million years to actually beat him.
[/quote]

Whichever attack makes the most sparks on a creature (A stylistic choice to convey damage) =/= does not equal it doing the most damage to something. There are times Heisei beams needed multiple blasts to make a building explode, compared to say MV Godzilla's base beam slicing through skyscrapers as if they were butter. Godzilla was only say to have the power to "destroy the Earth" during his Burning Form, specifically his meltdown mode which is not a state he can just at will transform into much like Fire Godzilla for MV Godzilla. As far as Ghidorah goes, the first time Ghidorah dodged the attack which was kinda hard to miss, and Ghidorah himself is a tanky bitch in the Heisei films with super regeneration to boot. It is not a weakness of Godzilla that Ghidorah could remain standing from one of his attacks (Though note Ghidorah needed to supercharge himself to gain the advantage on supercharged Godzilla). You want to talk help against enemies? Heisie Godzilla lost to Mothra & Battra, would've lost to Heisei King Ghidorah had it not been for the humans giving him a seizure (Where MV Ghidorah is basically Heisie Ghidorah on steroids), would've lost to Mechagodzilla without Rodan, would've lost to SpaceGodzilla without Moguera and could only get the better of Destoroyah cause he happened to be in a state of critical meltdown (Even then up to the meltdown point, Destoroyah was giving a respectable fight compared to MV Ghidorah being absolutely bodied by Fire Godzilla). I don't think it is much of a feat for Kaiju to kill dinosaurs (Heck it is even implied MV Ghidorah caused a similar catastrophy in ancient times till Godzilla fought him) and MV Mechagodzilla is as I mentioned before a monster.

Added in 3 minutes 8 seconds:
I probably should've waited till you finished the edit before I quoted this XD apologies.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Inferno Rodan wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:54 pm Even against the fully airborne Mothra, he primarily stayed on the ground.
Not when he went on the offensive; most of his attacks came from the air. Whether it was against Mothra or some poor skyscraper, GKG used, like, 95% of his moves from an aerial position. In fact, he only engaged Rainbow Mothra on the ground after he had subdued him with energy weapons (from the sky) and an airborne stomp. Heck, even when he was later knocked to the ground by Armor Mothra, it didn’t take him too long to escape to the air again. GKG may be willing to go to the ground, but it’s clearly not where he prefers to fight.
That's not going to pan out well for him against MV Godzilla, who has the speed and strength necessary to bumrush him and start tearing into him with teeth and claws. Still, GKG has a chance to pull off the win since his beams are really freaking strong, but I think Godzilla would win more often than not.
Sure, GKG won’t like getting his chest and probably necks cut open, but what will that really accomplish? In ground combat, MV Godzilla doesn’t use his biting and clawing to inflict life-threatening injuries. He likes to get in some quick hits and then, again, trap his opponent underfoot. And that will just give Ghidorah an opening to retaliate, which is bad news for Godzilla. I mean, GKG may not truly attack nonstop, but he’s definitely willing to continuously bombard an opponent until he puts them out of commission, or they demonstrate an immunity to his attacks. And LPG certainly won’t be doing the latter.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

EmperorGhidorah wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:27 pm
Inferno Rodan wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:54 pm Even against the fully airborne Mothra, he primarily stayed on the ground.
Not when he went on the offensive; most of his attacks came from the air. Whether it was against Mothra or some poor skyscraper, GKG used, like, 95% of his moves from an aerial position. In fact, he only engaged Rainbow Mothra on the ground after he had subdued him with energy weapons (from the sky) and an airborne stomp. Heck, even when he was later knocked to the ground by Armor Mothra, it didn’t take him too long to escape to the air again. GKG may be willing to go to the ground, but it’s clearly not where he prefers to fight.
That's not going to pan out well for him against MV Godzilla, who has the speed and strength necessary to bumrush him and start tearing into him with teeth and claws. Still, GKG has a chance to pull off the win since his beams are really freaking strong, but I think Godzilla would win more often than not.
Sure, GKG won’t like getting his chest and probably necks cut open, but what will that really accomplish? In ground combat, MV Godzilla doesn’t use his biting and clawing to inflict life-threatening injuries. He likes to get in some quick hits and then, again, trap his opponent underfoot. And that will just give Ghidorah an opening to retaliate, which is bad news for Godzilla. I mean, GKG may not truly attack nonstop, but he’s definitely willing to continuously bombard an opponent until he puts them out of commission, or they demonstrate an immunity to his attacks. And LPG certainly won’t be doing the latter.
Considering it takes millions of years (Or least significantly longer) for this Ghidorah to regenerate compared to MV Ghidorah, quite a lot. He was able to tear off one of MV Ghidorah's heads quite easily when he got his jaws on it and nothing suggest GKG could stop that. Keep in mind MV Godzilla was able to one hit kill the Male MUTO with his tale and his claws left scars on Kong and he critically crushed his chest with his foot which required an electric jump start "that could black out Las Vegas" to revive. If MV Godzilla gets a melee combo going.

Physically MV Godzilla is more the overwhelming force between the two.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

godjacob wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:34 pm He was able to tear off one of MV Ghidorah's heads quite easily when he got his jaws on it and nothing suggest GKG could stop that. Keep in mind MV Godzilla was able to one hit kill the Male MUTO with his tale and his claws left scars on Kong and he critically crushed his chest with his foot which required an electric jump start "that could black out Las Vegas" to revive. If MV Godzilla gets a melee combo going.
Eh.. neither the Male Muto or Kong are exactly paragons of durability. The former was impaled by a building, the latter was cut up by a helicopter blade in his younger days. And Godzilla only managed to rip off Ghidorah's head while he had him underwater.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:43 pm
godjacob wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:34 pm He was able to tear off one of MV Ghidorah's heads quite easily when he got his jaws on it and nothing suggest GKG could stop that. Keep in mind MV Godzilla was able to one hit kill the Male MUTO with his tale and his claws left scars on Kong and he critically crushed his chest with his foot which required an electric jump start "that could black out Las Vegas" to revive. If MV Godzilla gets a melee combo going.
Eh.. neither the Male Muto or Kong are exactly paragons of durability. The former was impaled by a building, the latter was cut up by a helicopter blade in his younger days. And Godzilla only managed to rip off Ghidorah's head while he had him underwater.
Still more impressive than GKG, whose physical feats extend to beating up a much smaller Kaiju than itself. And MV Kong especially in GVK ups his durability to a significant degree so judging his teenage years feels a bit unfair XD. If Godzilla can ground the much large MV Ghidorah he'd have less issue with it than the smaller and lighter GKG.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

godjacob wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:34 pm He was able to tear off one of MV Ghidorah's heads quite easily when he got his jaws on it and nothing suggest GKG could stop that.
As Kaiju-King pointed out, considering he was only able to accomplish that by using the water to preform a death roll, I doubt he’d be able to do something like that here. Unless this somehow goes to the water, I guess.
Keep in mind MV Godzilla was able to one hit kill the Male MUTO with his tale
Ignoring the fact that Ghidorah is more durable than the Male, it took LPG multiple battles against the Male to even use the tail strike.
his claws left scars on Kong and he critically crushed his chest with his foot which required an electric jump start "that could black out Las Vegas" to revive. If MV Godzilla gets a melee combo going.

I agree that any biting/clawing/chest-stomping will hurt. Nor do I disagree that Godzilla is physically way superior to Ghidorah. But what I am arguing is that the way Godzilla stands on a kaiju’s chest and does nothing else is going to give Ghidorah an opportunity to fire back and gain the upper hand long before he incurs serious damage.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

EmperorGhidorah wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:49 pm
godjacob wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:34 pm He was able to tear off one of MV Ghidorah's heads quite easily when he got his jaws on it and nothing suggest GKG could stop that.
As Kaiju-King pointed out, considering he was only able to accomplish that by using the water to preform a death roll, I doubt he’d be able to do something like that here. Unless this somehow goes to the water, I guess.
Keep in mind MV Godzilla was able to one hit kill the Male MUTO with his tale
Ignoring the fact that Ghidorah is more durable than the Male, it took LPG multiple battles against the Male to even use the tail strike.
his claws left scars on Kong and he critically crushed his chest with his foot which required an electric jump start "that could black out Las Vegas" to revive. If MV Godzilla gets a melee combo going.

I agree that any biting/clawing/chest-stomping will hurt. Nor do I disagree that Godzilla is physically way superior to Ghidorah. But what I am arguing is that the way Godzilla stands on a kaiju’s chest and does nothing else is going to give Ghidorah an opportunity to fire back and gain the upper hand long before he incurs serious damage.
Saying he only could do that with water feels like a stretch, it helped but if Godzilla manages to get his jaws on the neck of a physically weaker Ghidorah I don't think he'll need water for a death roll to rip it off. And multiple battles? He had two with the Male MUTO, he used the tail in the second one when he wasn't being hounded by the pair.

Does nothing? He squashed Ghidorah's chest, he crushed Kong's chest. When Godzilla gets on top of a Kaiju it usually has devastating consequences the only possible exception was when he was grinding one of Ghidorah's faces against a building and another head bit on the power plant causing Godzilla to step back cause he sensed the Supercharge.

Heck in GVK he seemed relentless and feral and relentless on a downed opponent.
Spoiler:
I don't see GKG getting a chance to blast Godzilla during this, especially if he gets his chest compressed which seems to be a signature move at this point.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

godjacob wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:05 pm Saying he only could do that with water feels like a stretch, it helped but if Godzilla manages to get his jaws on the neck of a physically weaker Ghidorah I don't think he'll need water for a death roll to rip it off.
It’s not a stretch when Godzilla has never even attempted a death roll on land. At any point in time. He probably can’t, honestly. And he certainly won’t against GKG.
And multiple battles? He had two with the Male MUTO, he used the tail in the second one when he wasn't being hounded by the pair.
Yep, multiple battles. They fought in Hawaii once, and at least on two separate occasions in San Fran. Not that this side argument matters much since the fully-loaded tail swipe he used on the Male isn’t likely to be a factor here in the first place.
Does nothing? He squashed Ghidorah's chest, he crushed Kong's chest. When Godzilla gets on top of a Kaiju it usually has devastating consequences the only possible exception was when he was grinding one of Ghidorah's faces against a building and another head bit on the power plant causing Godzilla to step back cause he sensed the Supercharge.

I don't see GKG getting a chance to blast Godzilla during this, especially if he gets his chest compressed which seems to be a signature move at this point.

A) No, it doesn’t “usually have devastating consequences” because the only legitimate example of that claim you have is Godzilla needing to stomp twice and apply extended pressure to an already injured Kong.

*The only reason Godzilla’s foot was able to go through Ghidorah chest is ‘cause of the nuclear pulses having already weakened his body. It’s not a valid example.

B) The main point is that there’s no way GKG would let it become devastating to begin with; he wouldn’t give Godzilla the opportunity to cave his chest in because he’d swiftly blast LPG back with intense energy weapons. And, once again, while specifically having someone underfoot, MV Godzilla doesn’t perform any other move that would prevent Ghidorah from retaliating. He doesn’t bite or slash or fire his Atomic Breath.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

EmperorGhidorah wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:23 pm
godjacob wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:05 pm Saying he only could do that with water feels like a stretch, it helped but if Godzilla manages to get his jaws on the neck of a physically weaker Ghidorah I don't think he'll need water for a death roll to rip it off.
It’s not a stretch when Godzilla has never even attempted a death roll on land. At any point in time. He probably can’t, honestly. And he certainly won’t against GKG.
And multiple battles? He had two with the Male MUTO, he used the tail in the second one when he wasn't being hounded by the pair.
Yep, multiple battles. They fought in Hawaii once, and at least on two separate occasions in San Fran. Not that this side argument matters much since the fully-loaded tail swipe he used on the Male isn’t likely to be a factor here in the first place.

A) No, it doesn’t “usually have devastating consequences” because the only legitimate example of that claim you have is Godzilla needing to stomp twice and apply extended pressure to an already injured Kong.

*The only reason Godzilla’s foot was able to go through Ghidorah chest is ‘cause of the nuclear pulses having already weakened his body. It’s not a valid example.

B) The main point is that there’s no way GKG would let it become devastating to begin with; he wouldn’t give Godzilla the opportunity to cave his chest in because he’d swiftly blast LPG back with intense energy weapons. And, once again, while specifically having someone underfoot, MV Godzilla doesn’t perform any other move that would prevent Ghidorah from retaliating. He doesn’t bite or slash or fire his Atomic Breath.
I really need to learn how to format quote replies better lol

I don't think he needs a death roll to rip the head of a physically weaker Ghidorah on land, which was my point. If he does ground him and sink those jaws I don't see Grand being able to focus a blast to stop it and he certainly isn't gonna force Godzilla off of him otherwise.

They fought in like 90 seconds in Hawaii and the Male MUTO bounced with a tail between the legs. Calling the second fight two fights feels a bit much given it was segments of a larger battle but splitting hairs here. Besides he's incorporated his tail more often since and given he can knock Kong off his feet or even knock the much larger MV Ghidorah back the tail would be useful.

A. Considering the two Kaiju he used the move on either ended up dead or near dead, it clearly does count as devastating consequences. Ghidorah wasn't even in position to try to blast Godzilla with the foot on the chest due to the crushing force, the burning power was an explosive bonus. And again the point more is Godzilla uses it as a move once he has weakened his foe enough, hence the scratches bites and claws before hand and the first stomp even Kong was powerless to so much as wiggle his foot.

B. GKG doesn't have to give Godzilla anything, MV Godzilla is enough of a brute to take it. Will take a few shots to stop Godzilla and by the time GKG realizes he should fly and spam from the sky Godzilla will likely be in striking range for that to become moot. If he does get Ghidorah underfoot, it will likely be after torn up wings and gaps in his neck which won't leave him in much of a beam blasting mood given he wouldn't get time to heal either those before he begins to crush the chest.

And again ALL of this is on the assumption that his barriers would even stop his atomic breath, which given what it can do I am not convinced a barrier that allowed some of Rainbow Mothra's beams to sneak through even before Armor came to play I have little reason to believe it could.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Even if GKG gets pinned down, and he doesn’t have the capabilities to fire off gravity bolts from his heads for some reason, he does still have the option of Wing Lightning to help knock Godzilla off him. That pinning and chest stomp is going to do some damage yes, but will it be enough to kill GKG? Probably not. Will it cripple him? Most likely it will. The only reason Godzilla was able to chest stomp MV Ghidorah in the Boston fight, was due to being in burning mode at the time and outright ignoring a beam that caused him to recoil in pain in his normal form, as well as burning away anything that could harm him at the time, like Wings and Heads, with nuclear pulses. I think having your entire body be constantly incinerated by pulses of burning energy would hurt more than a foot going through your already burnt and wounded chest in this case. If Godzilla targets a head, he might be able to rip it off with time sure, but there’s still a lot more firepower he has to deal with afterwards. Tearing off or through a wing to try grounding his foe? We’ve seen this Ghidorah just straight up fly around with an entire wing cut off his body. That should show some good tolerance to pain right there, as he still continued fighting even after losing a wing (though mostly out of being unable to escape Armor Mothra). As for Godzilla’s powerful tail strike, he does use it against Ghidorah in the Boston Fight, and all it manages to do is knock him over. Same thing would probably apply here as well.

In a close up Melee fight, I can see GKG being able to survive long enough to get back into the air, but if he stays too long in close combat, he’ll fall. In an outright ranged battle, GKG has this one down pat with his beam spamming abilities and the power of antigravity flight in case he loses a wing or two. The Atomic Breath might be able to smash right through his barrier, but it’ll most likely slam and knock him around more often than not as unlike Kong with his fur, Ghidorah’s scales might allow him to mitigate the burning aspect of the damage like various other non-fur and flesh covered monsters. And if the beam weakens enough to the point it can no longer get through that barrier, that leaves Godzilla outmatched. I’d give the win more to Grand King Ghidorah than I would Godzilla MV in this fight.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

godjacob wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:48 pm I don't think he needs a death roll to rip the head of a physically weaker Ghidorah on land, which was my point. If he does ground him and sink those jaws I don't see Grand being able to focus a blast to stop it and he certainly isn't gonna force Godzilla off of him otherwise.
Prove it. Cite concrete examples of Godzilla’s jaws displaying the power to rip entire appendages off without using a death rolling technique. Otherwise, you’re just making an empty claim.
They fought in like 90 seconds in Hawaii and the Male MUTO bounced with a tail between the legs. Calling the second fight two fights feels a bit much given it was segments of a larger battle but splitting hairs here. Besides he's incorporated his tail more often since and given he can knock Kong off his feet or even knock the much larger MV Ghidorah back the tail would be useful.
Those quicker tail whacks, which are weaker and functionally different from the tail strike he used against the Male, won’t do anything other than knock GKG over.
A. Considering the two Kaiju he used the move on either ended up dead or near dead, it clearly does count as devastating consequences. Ghidorah wasn't even in position to try to blast Godzilla with the foot on the chest due to the crushing force, the burning power was an explosive bonus. And again the point more is Godzilla uses it as a move once he has weakened his foe enough, hence the scratches bites and claws before hand and the first stomp even Kong was powerless to so much as wiggle his foot.
He used it on three kaiju. The Female Muto, who it didn’t do anything to beyond restrain her. A severely damaged Ghidorah, and that example still isn’t valid due to the point I already made that you still haven’t actually refuted. And against Kong, which, again, took multiple stomps and extended pressure to be detrimental. Furthermore, you’re wrong about Kong being powerless after the first stomp since he literally punched Godzilla’s leg hard enough to make the lizard scream in pain and have to reapply his foot.
B. GKG doesn't have to give Godzilla anything, MV Godzilla is enough of a brute to take it. Will take a few shots to stop Godzilla and by the time GKG realizes he should fly and spam from the sky Godzilla will likely be in striking range for that to become moot. If he does get Ghidorah underfoot, it will likely be after torn up wings and gaps in his neck which won't leave him in much of a beam blasting mood given he wouldn't get time to heal either those before he begins to crush the chest.
Godzilla isn’t powering through GKG’s Gravity Bolts. They’re stronger than the ones used by MV Ghidorah, and those were very effective at stopping Godzilla. It’ll only take the bare minimum of Gravity Bolts to stop Godzilla and send him reeling.
And again ALL of this is on the assumption that his barriers would even stop his atomic breath, which given what it can do I am not convinced a barrier that allowed some of Rainbow Mothra's beams to sneak through even before Armor came to play I have little reason to believe it could.
Ignoring that some of Rainbow Mothra’s beams are really potent in their own right, there’s also the fact that the lasers that did partially sneak through the barrier still didn’t do anything to Ghidorah; his body is capable of handling energy attacks as well. So there’s no guarantee that Godzilla’s Atomic Breath will be strong enough to not only completely breach his shield, but also critically damage Ghidorah’s body.