Toho Kingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread Series/Tier Ranking Project. Please read :)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Toho Kingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread Series/Tier Ranking Project. Please read :)

Post by Jaqua92 »

Hi Everyone.

I'm hoping to create a forum wide project, designed to create a power tier ranking system based off of battle threads for the monsterverse. My intent is to use a format myself and other posters used on superherohype to create a rank list. It was a huge success, and worked wonderfully as long as people participated in the battle threads.

If you are all up for it, please let me know, and I'll get it started. If this is enough for you, feel free to stop reading here.

It is not necessary for posters to understand the system, all that's needed is the winner of the battle, and which tier the titans/creature belong in.

Please note, moving forward, I will provide a link describing the system in the battle threads.

But for now, I will paste it here below for those who are interested. Let's make this happen and I hope to see you all engaged!

-Welcome to the Monsterverse Battle and Tier Ranking Project! Below is an explanation of the system I plan to be using.

This system was a big hit at superherohype forums for power scaling the MCU (crediting to Silver Surfer, an awesome poster who collaborated the project with me), and I'd like to apply it to the Monsterverse. It works, and despite how convoluted it MAY seem now, it eventually starts to write itself.

Let's first establish that filmmakers and writers dictate how powerful the creatures are. This tier list/ranking system is by no means official, and will be constructed EXCLUSIVELY based on consensus winners of battles in each thread.

Disclaimer**
I will be putting the list together and following this format. It is not necessary for anyone to understand or learn the system. This information is just here incase anyone wants to follow along, engage, collaborate, or offer criticism and critiques.

As of right now, I'm thinking of having 5 tiers.

God Tier
Burning Godzilla is the only titan who fits into this category. Hopefully we get more

S Tier
This is all variations of Godzilla, Ghidorah, and MV. Unclear whether or not Kong w/ axe makes it here

A Tier
This is your mothras, Mutos, rodans, Kong etc

B Tier
This is your skull crawlers, Skull island Kong, etc

C Tier
Everything else, likely smaller.

I will attempt to place titans into their respective tier lists to start, so we have a baseline. Ideally, posters will clarify if the titan/creature belongs in the tier which is why I would like posters to let me know which tier the titans are in, and who wins the battle.

Each titan will be color coded in their respective tier to help lock them into place. Titans written in black font are locked intk their "spot".

Titans/creatures written in blue font won their previous battle, and will be battling up the tier list.

Titans who lost their previous battle will be written in red font, indicating that they will be battling down the tier list. Titans written in green have not battled and are waiting at the bottom of the tier list until they do battle.

When does a titan lock in their spot? If a blue titan loses a battle, and the one below him or her on the list is one he already has beaten, he or she is locked into place and becomes black.

If a red titan wins a battle, and the titan above him is one he's already lost against, he locks in.

Green titans can be picked to battle against anyone at any time in effort to plug them in.

Example:
The first battle was Nuke Amped KOTM Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. Seems to be an S tier battle. The consensus here so far is that Godzilla wins that fight.

Their place on the tier list would look like this

S Tier
Nuke Amped KOTM Godzilla
Mechagodzilla
Base Godzilla
Amped Ghidorah
Base Ghidorah
Muto Prime

The four green titans have not battled yet, and we cannot rank them above or below Nukezilla and MG until they battle them. Nukezilla goes to the top of the list in blue because he won, and MG goes underneath him in red because he lost.

Let's say we pit Base Ghidorah against Mechagodzilla, and Mechagodzilla wins. Mechagodzilla locks in at this point, because the monster above him (Nukezilla) already beat him, and the monster below him (the red base ghidorah), already lost to him.

Nukezilla
Mechagodzilla
Base Ghidorah
Amped Ghidorah
Base Godzilla
Muto Prime

Base Ghidorah stays red until he either 1. Wins a battle or 2. Loses all the way to the bottom. If he wins, and the titan above him already defeated him, he locks into black. If he wins, and there happens to be a new titan above him he has not yet battled, Ghidorah becomes blue, indicating that there is a titan above him he has not yet battled, and has potential to beat.

If Mechagodzilla loses to base Ghidorah instead, what happens should be obvious. Mechagodzilla stays red, after losing to both Nukezilla and Base Ghidorah.  Base Ghidorah becomes blue, directly above him, under Nukezilla.

Nukezilla
Base Ghidorah

Mechagodzilla
Amped Ghidorah
Base Godzilla
Muto Prime

Base Ghidorah and Nuke amped Godzilla will be locked into their respective spots when one of them wins their battle, in this scenario. Since they both defeat MechaGodzilla, they both become black and do not have to drop down the list in red.

I hope this makes sense to you all, and let's have fun with it :)
Last edited by Jaqua92 on Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31260&p=1820343#p1820343

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Toho Kingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread Series/Tier Ranking Project. Please read :)

Post by miguelnuva »

Top Tier:

Godzilla 2019/21
Ghidorah
MechaGodzilla

High Tier

Kong
Godzilla 14
Muto Prime(Had a type advantage over Godzilla)
Rodan(He to be beaten into submission by Ghidorah and was compared to Kong.

Mid Tier
Mothra
Dagon
The Beta Titans
The Mutos

Low tier

Teen Kong
Ramark
Mothra Larva
Other Beta Titans

Bottom Tier
Non titan Super species found on Skull Island and in the Hollow Earth.

I see it something like this.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Re: Toho Kingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread Series/Tier Ranking Project. Please read :)

Post by Jaqua92 »

Thanks. Engage in the battle threads so we can make it.
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31260&p=1820343#p1820343