King Ghidorah(MV) vs ...(GvK Spoilers)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Gheeeeedra!
Ronin

King Ghidorah(MV) vs ...(GvK Spoilers)

Post by Gheeeeedra! »

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/king_ghidorah_monsterverse.html

vs

https://godzilla.fandom/wiki/Mechagodzilla_(MonsterVerse) - it wasn't letting me link the URL so please add .com after the word fandom, sorry about this

Rules:
1. The Ghidorah brain used to pilot Mechagodzilla cannot be interacted with telepathically by Ghidorah

Arena: Apex HQ, Kong Hong

Verdict:
Oh boy have I been waiting to make this one! King Ghidorah vs Mechagodzilla in their monsterverse forms. I think this will be one heck of a fight, with a lot of variables that may tip the scale for either one of them. First, we don't know how Ghidorah's energy based attacks will interact with MG. I'm going to give MG the benefit of the doubt for the sake of battle and say since he’s primarily Hollow Earth powered he wouldn’t be totally fried by Ghidorah’s lightning. But still yet, if we take Ghidorah winning quick via instant electrocution, I still think a straight up fight between them is going to be very close. This Mechagodzilla has no problem getting up close, and while it felt like Ghidorah set the bar for being a t&c god in 2019, I think given his extra agility with his rockets(which he used often to evade attacks, close distance, pack an extra punch) MG can take him up close. With how much MG was relentlessly going in on Godzilla, I wouldn’t be surprised if I wing or head was torn off. I sincerely believe that beam of MG’s has the power to remove one of Ghidorah’s heads, especially if he were up close. I doubt the shoulder missiles will do much beyond keep him grounded.

Ghidorah’s best bet seems to be his ability to fly. He can probably evade a few MG death beams, and if he were to do something like planetary drop to MG I’m sure that’d put him out of commission. The problem is, that’s a move Ghidorah pulled off on a Godzilla he’d beaten into submission. Mechagodzilla never really tires or stops, I don’t think Ghidorah would be able to lift MG without taking a beam to the face or drill to the back. Beyond that, what does Ghidorah really have that’s doing to damage this Mechagodzilla?I don’t think he can beat it in close quarters combat, he’s outgunned, and I think while Ghidorah probably takes the edge in the duribility department, MG will be able to hold up to anything Ghidorah does - if his electrical attacks don't totally fry him. MV Mechagodzilla 6/10

What about you guys? I’ve been so excited to discuss this match! Sorry if anything is out of place - first FM post!

Breakdown
Keizer

Re: King Ghidorah(MV) vs ...(GvK Spoilers)

Post by Breakdown »

This is a tough one. I think MG is superior to Ghidorah in melee by a long shot, and he won't be tanking the proton scream as easily he did the atomic ray. The big thing is wether or not KG's gravity beams could fry the robot. I don't think MG will allow himself to get hit, or may initiate a beam lock. A sky drop probably won't work either due to MechaGodzilla's thrusters which he could use to slow his descent.

It would be pretty funny if MG did to Ghidorah what Ghidorah did to Rodan: restrain the side heads then blast off the middle one with a beam. Ghidorah could drain him, and I'm sure the Hollow Earth energy MG contains would be a nice snack, but MG seemed pretty adept at breaking free from grapple holds.

Abstaining for now.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

This is a difficult one. I’m gonna assume MG won’t be affected by the Gravity Beams EMP properties (a reasonable assessment to make imo, it was supposed to kill every Titan in the world, that would include the MUTOs).

That said, a triple Gravity Beam to the chest would still leave a mark on MG. A beam lock between them and the Proton Scream is hard to decide on, we never saw the former engage in one. The Proton Scream would leave a mark on KG as well however, could potentially take a head off if aimed at neck.

Melee I have to give to MG. Godzilla was able to hold his own and get some good hits in against Ghidorah, even before the supercharge, MechaG just whipped Godzilla’s ass across Hong Kong.

If Ghidorah bites down on an electrical generator and does the wing lightning, I think he would be able to win, but otherwise MG’s gonna overpower him in melee and blast his heads off.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

One thing I realized today that may be a contributing factor is knowledge: MechaGodzilla IS Ghidorah, and therefore would likely know or anticipate Ghidorah's moves. We know Ghidorah was an intelligent fighter in the movie, and this seemed to have carried over to MechaGodzilla as well. Just some food for thought.

Also it would be funny if MechaGodzilla (Kevin) went out of his way to beat the snot out of the middle head for bullying him in KOTM.
Last edited by Breakdown on Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Post by Jaqua92 »

Ghidorah for sure. They're close, but Ghidorah is a bad matchup for MG, he borderline stomps, 3/10 times, wins handidly 3/10 times, and then wins in a good fight 2/10 times for an 8/10 majority.

You have to keep in mind that Ghidorah in grappling strength = Nuke amped Godzilla.

Amped Ghidorah was also stronger than amped Godzilla. Ghidorah is physically superior, and bigger than the Godzilla who lost to MG. His head grappling is something else.

Mechagodzilla simply can't do to Ghidorah what he did to Rodan. In fact, an amped Ghidorah's heads over powered an amped Godzilla's physicals pretty easily.

I would not be surprised if Ghidorah can restrain Mechagodzilla's arms temporarily.

The question of whether or not Mechagodzilla will be effected by the beams determines if Ghidorah stomps, or wins in a good fight, imo.

Are you guys forgetting how easily Ghidorah can amp himself?

Mechagodzilla is a machine. Fueled by hollow earth radiation, mind you. How quickly did it take Ghidorah to amp from that telephone pole? One second?

Do you guys realize how much juice Ghidorah can get from biting Mechagodzilla for just a second?

If his gravity beams can short circuit Mechagodzilla for a second (which, let's be real, he has no feats to say otherwise..if fucking booze can short circuit him, it's a reasonable claim to say Ghidorah's gravity beams do the same). Add to the fact that Ghidorah can amp himself pretty easily, he's just a terrible matchup for Mechagodzilla.

Mechagodzilla can win in melee for sure. But the fact is, he's a very powerful machine with low end durability for an S tier, who is capable of being short circuited.

Ghidorah is an apocalyptic lightning space dragon, who's base strength matches an amped godzilla.
He can amped himself easily.
His amped selve's grappling strength is likely comparable to Mechagodzilla
He can spam lightning

EVERYthing about him is a nightmare for Mechagodzilla and I'm shocked, utterly shocked at the consensus.

If Ghidorah's lightning is capable of short circuiting the Mecha for more than a mere two seconds, this is a borderline stomp.

The fight goes like this.

Starts off as quick Melee. Mechagodzilla gets an advantage, ghidorah starts spamming lightning, not landing much, Mechagodzilla continues with a melee advantages, beams Mechaghidorah and ragdolls him. Ghidorah counters with a gravity beam, which slows Mechagodzilla down enough for Ghidorah to foot himself, and he begins to grapple his arms. Ghidorah boa constricts his arms, spamming lightning while getting whaled on by Mechagodzilla. But the lightning spamming eventually short circuits Mechagodzilla for a second, allowing Ghidorah to sink his teeth into the mecha, syphoning his power, supercharging Ghidorah WAY more than that telephone pole did.

And the fights over. It doesn't even matter. Mechagodzilla frees himself, pummels Ghidorah, and blasts him, launches him, whatever. Ghidorah releases all of that energy supersiyan style (the telephone pole amp was enough to send Godzilla flying...Ghidorah amped with hollow earth energy from MechaG? Lol)
This fries Mechagodzilla for probably a good 5 seconds, Ghidorah takes off into the sky out of sight.

Mechagodzilla looks up, here's that haunting scream from the clouds, and as he charges up his beam, he gets blasted with a constant stream of beam lightning from Ghidorah, frying up his machinary. Ghidorah lands, tackles, boa constricts him, and for shits and giggles, syphons even more power before ripping the mecha apart limb from limb.

Added in 4 minutes 28 seconds:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:19 am This is a difficult one. I’m gonna assume MG won’t be affected by the Gravity Beams EMP properties (a reasonable assessment to make imo, it was supposed to kill every Titan in the world, that would include the MUTOs).

That said, a triple Gravity Beam to the chest would still leave a mark on MG. A beam lock between them and the Proton Scream is hard to decide on, we never saw the former engage in one. The Proton Scream would leave a mark on KG as well however, could potentially take a head off if aimed at neck.

Melee I have to give to MG. Godzilla was able to hold his own and get some good hits in against Ghidorah, even before the supercharge, MechaG just whipped Godzilla’s ass across Hong Kong.

If Ghidorah bites down on an electrical generator and does the wing lightning, I think he would be able to win, but otherwise MG’s gonna overpower him in melee and blast his heads off.
See my post.

Ghidorah's grappling/constricting strength is equal to an amped Godzilla. If a little generator amped Ghidorah THAT much, can you imagine how much of an amp he would get from syphoning hollow earth radiation from Mechagodzilla?

I think MG is the shiny new toy. But Ghidorah is a nightmare matchup for him.

He can grapple with him and restrain his arms long enough to bite him for ONE quick second..and that's all he needs.

And this isn't even considering how his gravity beams effect mecha G. If booze can short circuit him for 1 second, than Ghidorah will get that bite in.

Assuming Ghidorah's lightning beams can short circuit the mecha for a few seconds, all he needs to do it bite Mechagodzilla. Once he's powered up, he can match him in grappling strength. He can "stun" Mechagodzilla long enough to get range, take to the sky, and blast him with amped lightning. Stunning him even long before tackling him from the sky, ripping off his limbs and frying his systems.

Mechagodzilla may be conceptually superior. By Ghidorah's advantages are so vast that he stomps.
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31260&p=1820343#p1820343

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Jaqua92 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:05 pm Ghidorah's grappling/constricting strength is equal to an amped Godzilla. If a little generator amped Ghidorah THAT much, can you imagine how much of an amp he would get from syphoning hollow earth radiation from Mechagodzilla?
That little generator powered that entire segment of the coty they were fighting in. Then again, that little hover ship in GvK was said to be strong enough to power Las Vegas, so Mechagodzilla has to have a Far, Far stronger and more potent energy source to siphon from if that wasn’t enough to power him before. I’d give it to Ghidorah for almost a majority of the fight if he can amp himself up, since Mechagodzilla would know how his opponent would fight and how to counter it, being controlled by a discarded head. Although, all that electricity would probably fry his mechanical bits after long term exposure. That booze isn’t something against Mechagodzilla’s inbuilt systems, but more for the computer he was wirelessly hooked up to. So if that computer gets hit in the fight, major freezes for Mechagodzilla and a major advantage to Ghidorah.

In ranged combat, I would give it to Ghidorah most of the time for gravity beams and flight to keep out of range of the Proton Scream. In Melee, I’d probably give it to Mechagodzilla most of the time, just for the reasoning that he has both the weaponry to deal with close combat and the inbuilt knowledge on how to fight like his opponent.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Gheeeeedra!
Ronin

Post by Gheeeeedra! »

Honestly the idea that Ghidorah is just going to be able to drain MG with his heads is laughable. Every time Ghidorah went for a drain(to my memory) it was always at a point where him and Godzilla had already fought to an extent and he found the opportunity while brawling. That’s not going to happen with MG. He doesn’t tire, he’s never just sitting there letting Ghidorah even get that close to him without grabbing him up back and whopping him in melee. And as soon as the fight gets physical, MG has a big advantage.

The idea that MG is super non-durable also has holes in it. The only thing that showed to hurt him was the supercharged ax, the regular did nothing, and you really think that supercharged ax being swung by Kong wouldn’t be enough to KO 95% of the monster roster? You think one of Ghidorah’s heads would survive a blow from that? There’s no way. I’m sure it could cleave wings and heads at that power just as easy. So that idea that MG has low durability because the super ax laid him apart - I don’t think that’s a fair assessment.
Last edited by Gheeeeedra! on Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Post by Jaqua92 »

Gheeeeedra! wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:57 am Honestly the idea that Ghidorah is just going to be able to drain MG with his heads is laughable. Every time Ghidorah went for a drain(to my memory) it was always at a point where him and Godzilla had already fought to an extent and he found the opportunity while brawling. That’s not going to happen with MG. He doesn’t tire, he’s never just sitting there letting Ghidorah even get that close to him without grabbing him up back and whopping him in melee. And as soon as the fight gets physical, MG has a big advantage.

The idea that MG is super non-durable also has holes in it. The only thing that showed to hurt him was the supercharged ax, the regular did nothing, and you really think that supercharged ax being swung by Kong wouldn’t be enough to KO 95% of the monster roster? You think one of Ghidorah’s heads would survive a blow from that? There’s no way. I’m sure it could cleave wings and heads at that power just as easy. So that idea that MG has low durability because the super ax laid him apart - I don’t think that’s a fair assessment.
Again, he isn't draining Mechagodzilla. He's amplifying himself.
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31260&p=1820343#p1820343