King Kong and Ebirah (Showa) vs GVA Trio (Showa)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Spuro
Keizer

King Kong and Ebirah (Showa) vs GVA Trio (Showa)

Post by Spuro »

King Kong (1st Gen) and Ebirah

Versus

Anguirus (GRA), Baragon (1st Gen) and Varan (1st Gen)

Rules:
Anguirus is the version seen in Godzilla Raids Again. TK's linked bios don't discriminate.
Baragon is scaled up to 40 meters tall and 15,000 tons; everyone else has their onscreen size.

Arena: Letchi Island

Verdict: I'm mostly abstaining. Randomly rolled this earlier and couldn't decide for myself, that's why I'm bringing it here. Personally leaning the reptilian trio though, just a bit, if only by comparing Kong's show against Godzilla vs Anguirus's show against Godzilla.
Last edited by Spuro on Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: King Kong and Ebirah (Showa) vs GVA Trio (Showa)

Post by Gigantis »

Considering both Baragon and Varan have been knocked out by less tougher things, i think Kong could just beat them to death. Not before Ebirah is burned to a crisp by Baragon's heat ray but still.

Then there's Anguirus, who i think could maybe kill Ebirah, but if Kong can get his electric power boost, he can kiss his chance of winning goodbye.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Ebirah survived Godzilla’s atomic ray. Not super well, but it means he could handle Baragon’s rays for a bit. Varan’s probably the one to go down first, he has shown nothing that puts him at the same level as anyone else. If Ebirah can drag any of the trio underwater, they’re doomed because Ebirah was able to actually hold his own against Godzilla down there, and Godzilla can actually function underwater.

The major thing Kong and Ebirah need to worry about is Anguirus. Anguirus vs Ebirah on land is not ending well for the jumbo shrimp, and Kong is gonna have a real tough time handling the ferocity of 55 Anguirus without an electric boost (which I’m gonna assume he’s not getting here, so he’s on his own).

I think the trio just because of numbers meaning the duo can’t really focus on specific targets, which is gonna let Baragon deal real bad damage to Ebirah, then the trio focus Kong.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Considering both Baragon and Varan have been knocked out by less tougher things
Yeah, Baragon, but Varan? Varan was downed by swallowing 2 mountain destroying bombs.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm leaning the Trio, too, because Kong likely won't handle Baragon's ray well, either. That said, if Kong finds a source of electricity and is charged up, he cleans house.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Ebirah has a chance if he can get Anguirus, Baragon, or Varan underwater. On land, Ebirah is going to die quickly.

The trio will likely win. Kong is strong and quick, but so is Anguirus. Plus, he is relentless when attacking. Baragon's beam may make difficulties for Kong, but both he and Varan are no match for Kong. I see Anguirus and Kong fighting while Baragon and Varan take Ebirah. Ebirah will be defeated, and then the trio gang up on Kong.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

People talking about Kong not liking Baragon’s beam. I feel we had this argument before. Kong can handle Showa G’s breath fine so why not Baragon’s? Godzilla’s breath is 100,000 degrees Celsius, where as Baragon’s is only the heat of magma. Also Goji’s breath just singed Kong’s fur where as Baragon’s failed to even hurt Frankenstein.

The point that I’m getting at is, Baragon’s breath is useless against Kong, and Ebirah (who took a similar beam to Kong, not as well I might admit, but still.).
For Emperor and Empire!