Titanosaurus vs Rodan

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Voyager
Keizer

Titanosaurus vs Rodan

Post by Voyager »

After killing Gigantis and Gorosaurus, Titano looks for more victims.

The Combatants:

Titanosaurus https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/titanosaurus.htm
Rodan https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/rodan_showa.htm#64

Rules: Win by Death or KO.

Arena: Mount Aso

Verdict: This ultimately comes down to strength vs durability. Titano possesses the strength to severely injure Rodan if he is grappled but otherwise Rodan isn't going to be taking much damage here. Both have gale-based attacks and they could try to blow each other over. Titanosaurus was even able to knock Goji over. And I can see how Titanosaurus could conjure up some crazy wind to keep Rodan from staying airborne. And on the ground, Titanosaurus wins. But if Titano doesn't do that, Rodan's going to win by simply being very hard to hit and possibly even speed-blitzing poor Titano.

I'm abstaining for now.
For Emperor and Empire!

SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Titanosaurus vs Rodan

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Titanosaurus.

Rodan hits hard but Titanosaurus hits harder and there's no way this fight doesn't go where he can't grab Rodan and wale on him (be it jumping as he swoops by or grabbing him as he goes into cqc). The gale force winds might be a problem but Rodan only uses them in battle after he's attempted cqc and Titanosaurus won't give him that luxury

RIP Evan.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Rodan.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Rodan has legit no way of beating or hurting Titanosaurus in any way. Dropping him on a building isn't gonna do much, pecking him and getting in his face is gonna get him pummeled, knocking him around with his hurricane winds isn't going to do anything but prolong the fight and dropping rocks certainly won't do anything. Titanosaurus manhandled peak Showa Godzilla in some instances. He's outside Rodan's weight class, RIP Rodan
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Yeah i can't really see Rodan getting a good blow on Titanosaurus that can really even put the guy down. H2H will get him beat up horribly, and hurricane... well Titano does it better.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

tyrantgoji wrote:Yeah i can't really see Rodan getting a good blow on Titanosaurus that can really even put the guy down. H2H will get him beat up horribly, and hurricane... well Titano does it better.
You're overestimating Titanosaurus and underestimating Rodan.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:Yeah i can't really see Rodan getting a good blow on Titanosaurus that can really even put the guy down. H2H will get him beat up horribly, and hurricane... well Titano does it better.
What has Showa Rodan done to make you think that he can beat Titanosaurus
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
What has Showa Rodan done to make you think that he can beat Titanosaurus
He helped Godzilla beat King Ghidorah. Why has Titanosaurus ever done? If Godzilla was in that fight with Godzilla, Godzilla would have done fine thanks to his help

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:He helped Godzilla beat King Ghidorah.
So nothing, gotcha.

Why has Titanosaurus ever done?
Shown actual, competent fighting skills? He doesn't just meekly peck and drop rocks on shit

Titanosaurus is able to overpower and land some good blows on Godzilla, more than Showa Ghidorah ever or Rodan ever did to him
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

SoggyNoodles2016

Yeah, Rodan is STRONG I guess, but Titantosaurus has always shown much better potential in combat.

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Titanosaurus will grab Rodan out of the sky and pummel him to death, Titano can go toe to toe with 70s Godzilla, who is way stronger than 60s Godzilla (who Rodan never really did much of anything to other than annoy)
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Only thing gen II Rodan has is durability and strength. Titano has those too, but more so. Dude legit kicked Godzilla out of Tokyo into the Mt. Fuji area.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

LamangoKaijura wrote:Only thing gen II Rodan has is durability and strength. Titano has those too, but more so. Dude legit kicked Godzilla out of Tokyo into the Mt. Fuji area.
I'd argue Rodan is more durable since Rodan was taking point blank Atomic Rays no problem but that's really he has going for him
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Didn't Titanosaurus singlehandedly bite Godzilla's face/mouth and throw him a good 12 miles out with just the force of his neck.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Titanosaurus only overpowered Godzilla when MechaG got involved. Also 70's Godzilla was only a better fighter than 60's nothing says he was physically stronger. Secondly Rodan tanked the atomic breath while Titanosaurus was floored, did the atomic breath get stronger or did effects get better because I would argue the latter.

Rodan also took Ghidorah's gravity beams and was able to remain flying.

I give Titanosaurus the slight edge here but I still go with Rodan in this battle. Rodan can spear Titano and peck him, Rodan's pecks will likely hurt Titano more than they did Godzilla. The hurricane battle will also look great between the two. Finally Rodan is a lot smarter.

Rodan: 6/10
Last edited by miguelnuva on Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

70s Godzilla would stomp 60s Ghidorah.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote:70s Godzilla would stomp 60s Ghidorah.
70's Godzilla fought 60's Ghidorah twice.

Once in Godzilla vs Gigan where he still needed Angurius and later in 99 where he needed Angurius and Gorosaurus. Showa Ghidorah no matter how pathetic he was shown was never surpassed by SHowa Godzilla.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

miguelnuva wrote:

Once in Godzilla vs Gigan where he still needed Angurius and later in 99 where he needed Angurius and Gorosaurus. Showa Ghidorah no matter how pathetic he was shown was never surpassed by SHowa Godzilla.
Oh gotcha, let me correct myself, Showa Godzilla from TOMG and GvsMG would slow roast Ghidorah with ease.

The fact that Titano survived as long as he/she did is a feat by itself.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

Oh gotcha, let me correct myself, Showa Godzilla from TOMG and GvsMG would slow roast Ghidorah with ease.

The fact that Titano survived as long as he/she did is a feat by itself.
That's a maybe though. Godzilla as far as we know didn't get physically stronger, he got to be a quicker combatant, and a better fighter by not stronger. Ghidorah is the one that made Godzilla change his fighting style anyone as Godzilla starts his more human kung fu style of fighting in the the 60's as that was the only way to drive off Ghidorah.

I'd say we can make another topic as we're getting off topic but Ghidorah is in a weird place that Godzilla would ultimately win but I wouldn't say it would be easy nor would I say he could do it alone.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

I feel like 70s Godzilla could totally beat Ghidorah 1:1. Showa Ghiddy is basically early Shin: a lot of insane power but he prefers to just stand and shoot then attack. Not only is this bad strategy, but lots of dudes can survive the beams. A 70s beat down would be his worst day.

RIP Evan.