T-1000 Vs Predator

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.

Who wins?

T-1000
71%
Predator
14%
Tie/Stalemate
14%

Total votes: 7

Extreme Warhawk
GPN Volunteer

T-1000 Vs Predator

Post by Extreme Warhawk »

Arena-An Industrial park including a steel mill and a acidic processing plant.

Rules

Neither fighter have knowledge of each other

Predator has its standard gear, T-1000 has two Desert Eagles with extended magazines along with its ability to form blades and the like.

My verdict is, it all goes down to can the Predator's plasma weaponry damage the T-1000 or can the Predator figure out how to destroy the T-1000 before the T-1000 closes in or scores a lethal hit from long range. I say its a toss up in this clash of cool vs awesome.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: T-1000 Vs Predator

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I want to say the Predator, if only for the fact the plasma weapons SHOULD be able to at least disrupt the T-1000's liquid metal body.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Extreme Warhawk
GPN Volunteer

MM Raids Again wrote:I want to say the Predator, if only for the fact the plasma weapons SHOULD be able to at least disrupt the T-1000's liquid metal body.
You make a good point dude. Should be a good fight, like I said its cool vs awesome.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

In one of the T3 prequel comics, the T-X was able to destroy a T-1000 with a single shot from her plasma cannon during a combat test. I'd wager the Predator could probably so the same. The T-1000 would absolutely dominate the Pred in hand to hand though. The Pred's deadliest weapons (wristblades), combi-stick, disk) would be totally useless in that scenario. Aside from it's stabbing weapons, the T-1000 was able to physically overpower and critically damage a T-800, who I'd argue would be more than a physical match for a Predator.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Extreme Warhawk
GPN Volunteer

Breakdown wrote:In one of the T3 prequel comics, the T-X was able to destroy a T-1000 with a single shot from her plasma cannon during a combat test. I'd wager the Predator could probably so the same. The T-1000 would absolutely dominate the Pred in hand to hand though. The Pred's deadliest weapons (wristblades), combi-stick, disk) would be totally useless in that scenario. Aside from it's stabbing weapons, the T-1000 was able to physically overpower and critically damage a T-800, who I'd argue would be more than a physical match for a Predator.
That is interesting. Is that considered canon btw?

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Extreme Warhawk wrote:
Breakdown wrote:In one of the T3 prequel comics, the T-X was able to destroy a T-1000 with a single shot from her plasma cannon during a combat test. I'd wager the Predator could probably so the same. The T-1000 would absolutely dominate the Pred in hand to hand though. The Pred's deadliest weapons (wristblades), combi-stick, disk) would be totally useless in that scenario. Aside from it's stabbing weapons, the T-1000 was able to physically overpower and critically damage a T-800, who I'd argue would be more than a physical match for a Predator.
That is interesting. Is that considered canon btw?
It's difficult to know when the timeline changes in every movie. I guess it could be considered canon specifically to the T3 timeline.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Red Star Rising
Ronin

Post by Red Star Rising »

There's really never been anything to suggest that the T-1000 would be able to shrug off DEWs that primarily deal damage through thermal or electric energy when extreme temperatures are one of the three/four things we've definitely seen kill or permanently damage non-solid terminators in the films.

On one hand, dodging hits is not something any of the Skynet Terminators are known for doing given their fondness for intimidating power walks done while tanking barrages. On the other hand, the aiming skills of predators are hugely variable from "literal aimbot" to "meme storm trooper". If the predator gets a hit in, it's probably going to ruin the T-1000's day.

If the T-1000 gets in stabbing range however, the Predator is monumentally screwed. Predators can and have lost to armed humans in melee combat and their melee arsenal is distinctly underwhelming. A claw on one hand, a rather dinky pole arm, and a ridiculously impractical disc. The best it can do is buy some time by cutting some parts of the T-1000 off to force it to reconsolidate but it doesn't have any blunt weapons to stun the terminator nor large edged weapons to carve large sections off in one go. Nevermind something that might actually do the trick like a 40k Power fist or Thunderhammer or even improvised magnetic weapons.

And while one might be able to argue that predator armour might be able to stop cutting or impaling attacks from the Terminator and protect against blunt force Trauma, standard Predator armour is much like Roman gladiator armour in that it deliberately exposes large portions of the body, like most of the vital organs in the chest cavity. So that debate is entirely pointless when the Terminator is probably just going to go straight for the unprotected heart.

Really the whole fight revolves around who gets into whose preferred engagement range first, and only the Predator has the kind of mindset that would throw away advantages for the sake of a more glorious fight.