Iris vs. MonsterVerse King Ghidorah

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Gigantis
Sazer

Iris vs. MonsterVerse King Ghidorah

Post by Gigantis »

there was space for one more MV Ghidorah match so i'm taking it. we've had him fight Gamera and Legion,so it's fitting to put him up against the final monster of the trilogy.

Stats for Iris https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/iris.htm#i

Stats for Ghidorah https://wikizilla.org/wiki/King_Ghidorah/Legendary

Arena: New York City

Rules: Iris now weighs 199,000 tons.

Verdict: Iris may be able to take this under a few advantages he has. 1: he's faster...by a BUNCH (Mach 0.8 vs Mach 9) so he can just fly circles around Ghidorah. 2: Ghidorah may be able to steal his energy,but Iris can always try taking some of the Dragon's by stabbing him with his spike arms,pinning him against a building then start draining. once that happens i don't really think Ghidorah can do much. 3: He weighs more in this fight so Ghidorah's gonna have a harder time pushing him around.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Re: Iris vs. MonsterVerse King Ghidorah

Post by Stump Feet »

You know, I actually had plans on doing this exact match a little later today :lol:

I’m leaning on Ghidorah but I’m not saying anything for certain until I see some arguments on both sides.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

This one is an easy one as far as I'm concerned. Iris has an insurmountable speed advantage. Ghidorah may have projectiles from both both his three mouths and intelligence, but the former is easy to avoid for Iris and the latter doesn't matter if he can't hope to catch up. Even the regeneration is negligible thanks to Iris being able to carve him up like a pumpkin no matter how many times he heals from it. Energy absorption by Ghidorah can easily be taken away by Iris since he drains energy as well. Since nothing Ghidorah has will be truly be useful, I'm going with Iris.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Ghidorah takes this easily. Iris's speed doesn't factor into ground combat where it just either stands there half the time and stares menacingly at it's opponent, or it walks slowly.

Ghidorah isn't going to be pushing and shoving Iris like Gamera did, he's going to be straight up mauling it. Keep in mind that Gamera was able to ram his hand clean into Iris's stomach and later Gamera crushed it's head underfoot like a grape, complete with a juicy crunch. With that said, Iris likely won't be able to take many hits from Ghidorah before beginning to falter.

Trying to pin Ghidorah against a building to drain him probably isn't going to work out well for Iris. If Iris steals Ghidorah's bio-electric energy and fires it back at him, won't it just heal Ghidorah and power him up? From there, Ghidorah can pull the blade out (where would Iris even stab him??) and use Kevin and the right head to restrain Iris's arms before the center head fries Iris with a sustained Gravity Beam blast to the head.
Last edited by Breakdown on Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Breakdown wrote:Ghidorah takes this easily. Iris's speed doesn't factor into ground combat where it just either stands there half the time and stares menacingly at it's opponent, or it walks slowly.

Ghidorah isn't going to be pushing and shoving Iris like Gamera did, he's going to be straight up mauling it. Keep in mind that Gamera was able to ram his hand clean into Iris's stomach and later Gamera crushed it's head underfoot like a grape, complete with a juicy crunch. With that said, Iris likely won't be able to take many hits from Ghidorah before beginning to falter.

Trying to pin Ghidorah against a building to drain him probably isn't going to work out well for Iris. If Iris steals Ghidorah's bio-electric energy and fires it back at him, won't it just heal Ghidorah and power him up? From there, Ghidorah can pull the blade out (where would Iris even stab him??) and use Kevin and the right head to restrain Iris's arms before the center head fries Iris with a sustained Gravity Beam blast to the head.
right in the chest, right in the stomach,maybe even in one of his own heads. oh and Gamera crushing his head was AFTER he was nothing more but a big pile of guts.

and the energy absorption thing...it's implied Gamera would have still gotten hurt if Iris hit him with his own attack. wouldn't the same logic applied for Ghidorah?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

Yeah, Iris’s tendency to NOT use its sonic cutters when fighting on the ground really handicaps its chances here. If this battle took place in the air, or if Iris used its ranged weaponry more competently, this would be a fairer fight. But as it stands, even in spite of Iris’s weight advantage, Ghidorah is likely to overpower his opponent within the first few minutes of the fight.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Iris stares menacingly at KG. KG attacks him. Iris is stunned from being up against an opponent that actually fights back and promptly gets completely murdered.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

:lol: that's kinda the outcome I imagined as well
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

Inferno Rodan wrote:Iris stares menacingly at KG. KG attacks him. Iris is stunned from being up against an opponent that actually fights back and promptly gets completely murdered.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

Godzilla2020
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzilla2020 »

Iris's extreme incompetence gets him torn to bloody pieces. Hell I doubt that his arm spears would even be effective, Gamera isn't exactly the most durable kaiju there is so stabbing him is very different from stabbing King Ghidorah.