Gwangi vs. Godzilla '55 (Gigantis)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Gwangi vs. Godzilla '55 (Gigantis)

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

y'all do realize Gwangi came out in 1969 when dinosaurs were thought to have been stupid, strong ass animals right? And you may just be blowing smoke up the ass of a regular animal by that time's standards?

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:y'all do realize Gwangi came out in 1969 when dinosaurs were thought to have been stupid, strong ass animals right? And you may just be blowing smoke up the ass of a regular animal by that time's standards?
there still viewed as strong animals today. certainly wouldn't say there stupid...

Honestly the stupid,strong idea is what makes Gwangi so good for FM's here. fits the bill because he's durable as skreoonk.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

tyrantgoji wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:y'all do realize Gwangi came out in 1969 when dinosaurs were thought to have been stupid, strong ass animals right? And you may just be blowing smoke up the ass of a regular animal by that time's standards?
there still viewed as strong animals today. certainly wouldn't say there stupid...

Honestly the stupid,strong idea is what makes Gwangi so good for FM's here. fits the bill because he's durable as skreoonk.
I mean how if you told someone in the 60s you could shoot a T. Rex with a rocket launcher it wouldn't blink they'd buy it because "those things are monsters that got wiped out for being too dumb, unlike us mammals", while if you said that today, someone would wonder exactly what you were talking about.

RIP Evan.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

The Boulders: Yes, a landslide of boulders knocked him out cold. But you know what those boulders didn't do? Leave a single scratch. And these weren't just boulders the size of his head. These were boulders as large as his torso, falling directly down onto his skull (knocking him out) and his body. Not a single mark or sign of damage and when Gwangi recovers, he is 100%.
That's cool. But Maguma had a whole canyon collapse in on him, boulders as big as him fell on him, and not a single scratch. And wasn't even knocked out.
The Rampage: During Gwangi's rampage through the Mexican town, numerous cowboys try shooting at him with rifles. Now keep in mind, Gwangi isn't that big of an animal.
Two years prior, Kamacarus' un-mutated form, the human sized giant mantis, took several blast of a shot gun.
Just pointing out Gwangi's not as cool as you make him out to be. ;)
The only time we ever saw his flesh pierced is when the main character Mr. Blonde Cowboy Lady's Man used a flagpole as a spear and hit the inside of his ear, which is a scene we have dissected and picked apart to make sense out of.
Depending on how deep the spear went, it's impressive Gwangi didn't just, vegetate then and there, thus giving more credit to him.

Again, I'm slowly siding with Gwangi, only because this Godzilla has speed going for him, and even then, he struggled with Anguirus.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

I mean how if you told someone in the 60s you could shoot a T. Rex with a rocket launcher it wouldn't blink they'd buy it because "those things are monsters that got wiped out for being too dumb, unlike us mammals", while if you said that today, someone would wonder exactly what you were talking about.
What difference does that make, exactly? We're not talking about a real life dinosaur. We're talking about Gwangi. He's as much as a make believe dinosaur as Gorosaurus.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

SoggyNoodles2016

MM Raids Again wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

What difference does that make, exactly? We're not talking about a real life dinosaur. We're talking about Gwangi. He's as much as a make believe dinosaur as Gorosaurus.
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

RIP Evan.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

MM Raids Again wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

Yes, cause Gwangi can burrow from the Bonin Islands to Paris, France.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Someone needs to make a fantasy match between animated Godzilla and Gorosaurus, just so that we can have an epic dig-off...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Okay, fine then. Godzillasaurus. But I suppose you might have me at a disadvantage. I lost my ability to make 5th grade-style memes after I hit puberty. So I'll just drop this one.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

SoggyNoodles2016

MM Raids Again wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
Okay, fine then. Godzillasaurus. But I suppose you might have me at a disadvantage. I lost my ability to make 5th grade-style memes after I hit puberty. So I'll just drop this one.

dickish response aside, you did agree with me. about Goro not being a comparison so I see this as a win IMO.

Also, Godzillasaurus took on ship artilleryand lived so he's not a good comparison to Mr. "I died from getting lit ok fire and getting crushed by rubble but apparently everyone here thinks I'm. Thanosaur or something"

RIP Evan.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Yeah, let's not be assholes here and TRY to keep things civil, MM.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!