Shin Godzilla vs. Toonzilla

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Shin Godzilla vs. Toonzilla

Post by Gigantis »

Inferno Rodan wrote:I swear to Gwangi I'm going to reach through the internet and strangle the next person I see try to use the Godzilla vs Evangelion thing for anything relating to Shin. Y'all don't try to apply the events of Godzilla in Hell to G2K do you? They aren't the same creature. Like it's honestly pretty sad that people are seemingly so desperate for Shin to not suck at fighting other monsters that they're trying to use stuff from a damn ride. What's next? The pachinko games? C'mon guys.

Okay, rant over. Toonzilla will more than likely win. He's way too fast and agile for Shin to keep up with, and as others have mentioned there's a good chance he'll just burrow underground to avoid Shin's retaliation. And even if he doesn't, quite frankly he's durable enough to survive a good few hits from Shin's beams anyway.
honestly you can just use the comic versions and video game versions of Godzilla in their own category. all of them are so different despite sharing a similar design, all you gotta do is explain what that incarnation does and people will understand.

And agree with you on the results. Toon's just to dang fast and i'm sure he's durable enough to tank some of the beams.
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

tyrantgoji wrote:Yes this is film only Shin. sorry, should have mentioned that.
Is it end of movie Shin or his first appearance?

What exactly is stopping Shin from hitting Junior while he's burrowing? Wouldn't Shin's Radar detect Jr? And yeah, if Shin can pick stealth bombers flying a mile above his head and casually counter missiles he can hit the giant iguana in front of him
Last edited by PopInPicsPresents on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:What's stopping Zilla from taking refuge underground during the laser lightshow?
Dying before he has the chance, mostly. Shin's beam moves crazy-fast and, thanks to the built-in phased-radar array, has unerring accuracy. Even random thrashing demolishes the area around it retty rapidly; Toonzillawould have to be pretty lucky not to get caught in an initial sweep even if he was behind Shin or not in the initial line of fire/being aimed at. Plus, the sea of fire, if this is mid-movie Shin and he leads with that.

But also, despite the derogatory terminology used- Shin isn't stupid. He seeks his targets. During his initial attack, the beam sweep was only aimless when its singular purpose was to ramp up to the back-beams; and they only swept around after they'd destroyed their target and served their purpose. And in the film's end (I really think Shin shouldn't be used here without specifying; the behaviors are very differently), he was actively targeting enemies... and also, significantly, petering out of power for a period of necessary recharge (of only a few minutes), but not overheating or going inactive.

Both of which to say- if Toonzilla survives to burrow underground, Shin is not just going to thrash around like an idiot and then fall asleep- he's going to seek his target. Either beam-drilling into the ground to skewer him in his tunnel (which the vaporization-penetration power of the beam has certainly demonstrated the power to do), or halting the attack and waiting for his foe to show itself again. But, given the phased-radar array pinpointing his targets even when they're well out of visual range, I would bet on the former.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
What exactly is stopping Shin from hitting Junior while he's burrowing? Wouldn't Shin's Radar detect Jr? And yeah, if Shin can pick stealth bombers flying a mile above his head and casually counter missiles he can hit the giant iguana in front of him
REALLY don't think it even matters. Shin can hit Toonzilla more than once. It'll hurt him, sure. But put him down? Doubtful. Toonzilla took double Leviathan ship (Wannabe ID4 Ship) lasers point blank with no ill effects besides getting knocked down for a few seconds. The problem here is Shin has a very limited "ammo" capacity. And if Toonzilla does dive underground (and I do mean DIVE like he does), there's no way Shin's gonna' hit him, radar or not. His beams didn't do more than just burn the streets before exploding. And once he's done with the light show... he's shutdown.

Toonzilla FTW.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

MM Raids Again wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
REALLY don't think it even matters. Shin can hit Toonzilla more than once. It'll hurt him, sure. But put him down? Doubtful. Toonzilla took double Leviathan ship (Wannabe ID4 Ship) lasers point blank with no ill effects besides getting knocked down for a few seconds. The problem here is Shin has a very limited "ammo" capacity. And if Toonzilla does dive underground (and I do mean DIVE like he does), there's no way Shin's gonna' hit him, radar or not. His beams didn't do more than just burn the streets before exploding. And once he's done with the light show... he's shutdown.

Toonzilla FTW.
Not only that, but he got up almost instantly and made his way to Site Omega, and fought his cyber-dad. In a matter of, I say, 2 minutes since he got blasted?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Zarm wrote:Both of which to say- if Toonzilla survives to burrow underground, Shin is not just going to thrash around like an idiot and then fall asleep- he's going to seek his target. Either beam-drilling into the ground to skewer him in his tunnel (which the vaporization-penetration power of the beam has certainly demonstrated the power to do), or halting the attack and waiting for his foe to show itself again. But, given the phased-radar array pinpointing his targets even when they're well out of visual range, I would bet on the former.
That's not how radar works, yo. Ground-penetrating radar is indeed a thing that exists, but it doesn't function the same as air-based radar. Radar is really, really bad at passing through materials of different density. That's literally the entire reason it works in the first place: when the waves contact something with different density than what they're intended to travel through, they bounce off it. And even ignoring that, Shin proved, consistently, that his radar doesn't work on things at ground level. It's not some magical Spider-Sense or ESP that makes him completely aware of everything that goes on around him. It's a system that works on specific principles and has very real limitations. Just like actual radar.

Also this notion of there being a significant difference between mid- and end-movie Shin needs to stop. Yeah, he had slightly better power management at the end, but it's still plain fact that he runs out of energy stupidly fast and he's completely helpless once that happens. It's not like he can just stop attacking to recharge for a minute or two and then he's ready to go again. Once he ran out, all he could muster after resting was one more very short blast and he was done again.

Also also, I would just like to point out that Shin Godzilla is going to be laying on the ground for this entire fight anyway. Toonzilla will slam into him and knock him over, and because it takes him like 5 minutes to get back up, his ability to fight back will be even further hindered than usual.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

Shin Godzilla, no question. Toonzilla needs human assistance on almost every episode and his opponents are almost always way weaker than Shin. Toonzilla is going to get killed or incapacitated really easily, almost certainly before Shin exhausts its energy reserves.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Zi ... ORM=VRDGAR

I actually see it happening like this vid (or very close to it).
Last edited by Red-Death Gigan on Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

That video- while well-done- has two serious problems in presentation. Toonzilla taking the full beam multiple times? This does not match his evidenced durability levels. Shin just firing randomly in the air without his target present, or even hitting Toonzilla, glancing off, and then continuing to fire into the distance instead of keeping the beam on him? No, these do not match his evidenced behaviors.

And both of those factors would make the outcome extremely different.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Toonzilla has absolutely no way of killing Shin whatsoever :lol:

No matter what Toonzilla throws at him, Shin will adapt, overcome, and slice Zilla up.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting