Monsterverse Ghidorah vs Spacegodzilla (spoilers)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Breakdown
Keizer

Re: Monsterverse Ghidorah vs Spacegodzilla (spoilers)

Post by Breakdown »

He definetly wraps his tails around Godzilla's waist. Even in the piss-poor quality youtube videos I watched you can see Ghidorah's tails unwrap from Godzilla as he lets go.

Godzilla only had the edge in the Mexico fight because:

A. He ambushed Ghidorah

B. He dragged him underwater where Ghidorah was at a major disadvantage.

In the final battle he was still keeping up with Godzilla and would have been able to kill him on two separate occasions if it hadn't been due to outside interference. Also, you're pretending like MV Godzilla isn't hideously strong and that taking a few hits from him is somehow a slight against Ghidorah. MV Godzilla would absolutely throttle most of the Toho pantheon, possibly even Spacegodzilla as well.

Ghidorah's Gravity Beams managed to floor Godzilla and his wing lightning left visible burns on Godzilla's skin. These beams also sliced through buildings and straight up vaporized people. They're not weapons of mass destruction but they're nothing to laugh at. Not that it matters since Ghidorah will probably kill Spacegodzilla through brute force and draining rather than his Gravity Beams.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Breakdown wrote:Godzilla only had the edge in the Mexico fight because:.
Wasn't talking about Mexico.
Breakdown wrote:In the final battle he was still keeping up with Godzilla
He wasn't keeping up with him he was getting pushed around by Godzilla, for all but the end of the fight and the drop kick.
Breakdown wrote:and would have been able to kill him on two separate occasions if it hadn't been due to outside interference.
I recall one occasion, directly after the sky drop.
Also, you're pretending like MV Godzilla isn't hideously strong and that taking a few hits from him is somehow a slight against Ghidorah. MV Godzilla would absolutely throttle most of the Toho pantheon, possibly even Spacegodzilla as well.
My entire point is that MVKG's CQ is very overrated. All Godzilla does is push Ghidorah around Boston a side from some swats, a tail whip and a throw that ultimately just put space between the two. If Ghidorah was this CQ God everyone makes him out to be he'd be doing more shit like sky dropping and and drop kicking and less reacting to what Godzilla's doing. He doesn't even use his Gravity Beams all that much.

Ghidorah's Gravity Beams managed to floor Godzilla and his wing lightning left visible burns on Godzilla's skin.

One of Ghidorah's juiced up bolts couldn't even blow up a jeep. A charged up one couldn't bring down the building MBB is hiding in. Sure they knock down Godzilla once when they're consecrated into one bolt but that's literally their best feat. Any kaiju with active regen isn't going to be bothered for long by some burns.
Breakdown wrote:These beams also sliced through buildings and straight up vaporized people. They're not weapons of mass destruction but they're nothing to laugh at.
That's like lowest common denominator feats for a kaiju energy attack , certainly not too much for Spacegodzilla.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

The fact that PIPP is saying Godzilla was consistently besting Ghidorah throughout the movie prevents me from taking much of anything he's saying seriously here.
Last edited by Inferno Rodan on Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Inferno Rodan wrote:The fact that PIPP is saying Godzilla was consistently besting Ghidorah throughout the movie prevents me from taking much of anything he's saying seriously here.
Then watch a cam ;)

Ghidorah's most effective attack in Antarctica is using his Gravity Beams on Godzilla. They just of just grapple and Godzilla slams one of the necks around. He does let Godzilla charge up a full ray though. He literally just watches it happen. A majority of his CQ is just biting at his opponent. In Boston, he lets Godzilla run at him, they grapple and Godzilla tosses Ghidorah away, They grapple again, he bites at Godzilla for a bit, Godzilla slams him with his tail and Ghidorah gets off his kick. He's immediately countered by Godzilla's ray and gets stuck to a building via Mothra. Godzilla pushes him down. Cut back to Ghidorah jumping down at Godzilla and they grapple again. Cut to Godzilla pushing Ghidorah through a building and then Ghidorah powers up. I'm not leaving anything out. Ghidorah gains the upper hand in the battle once, and then the rest of the battle is grappling and biting.

Yes, Ghidorah does some gnarly shit in the fight but he wasn't starting either of his fights that way. He needed a power up to start beating ass
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

So what’s the exact nature of Ghidorah’s regeneration? Can he regenerate on a whim or is it contingent on some outside element? The combat effectiveness of his healing factor can really make or break his chances of winning this fight.

Also, just to reiterate, aside from maybe knocking SG off balance a little, MV Ghidorah’s bolts aren’t doing squat to a monster that laughed at Moguera’s extremely strong plasma weapons and sustained repeated Spiral Ray blasts without falling apart. They’re basically inconsequential here.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

EmperorGhidorah wrote:So what’s the exact nature of Ghidorah’s regeneration? Can he regenerate on a whim or is it contingent on some outside element? The combat effectiveness of his healing factor can really make or break his chances of winning this fight.

The novelization mentions that Ghidorah retreated to Rodan's volcano to absorb the massive amounts of radiation in the crater, using the energy to regenerate his head.

Whether or not you choose to accept the novelization, it makes sense. Regrowing a limb (or a head) that quickly, and especially a limb (or head) of Ghidorah's size would require incredible amounts of energy. Simply just the law of conservation of energy at play. It also explains why he didn't regenerate immediately and only started to do so when he reached the volcano. And it explains why it never happens in the film again.

Godzilla himself pulls the same stunt by healing his injuries through his temple. Ghidorah's simply seems to work much, *much* faster.

With that said, the question here is whether Spacegodzilla's crystals that feed him cosmic energy (assumingely cosmic radiation at that) could be fed upon by Ghidorah. Given Godzilla gained the spiral ray after the destruction of SG's shoulder crystals, I would be inclined to believe that he could. The question is whether or not Ghidorah could feed off of it before the shoulders crystals are destroyed.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Ghidorah's most effective attack in Antarctica is using his Gravity Beams on Godzilla. They just of just grapple and Godzilla slams one of the necks around. He does let Godzilla charge up a full ray though. He literally just watches it happen. A majority of his CQ is just biting at his opponent. In Boston, he lets Godzilla run at him, they grapple and Godzilla tosses Ghidorah away, They grapple again, he bites at Godzilla for a bit, Godzilla slams him with his tail and Ghidorah gets off his kick. He's immediately countered by Godzilla's ray and gets stuck to a building via Mothra. Godzilla pushes him down. Cut back to Ghidorah jumping down at Godzilla and they grapple again. Cut to Godzilla pushing Ghidorah through a building and then Ghidorah powers up. I'm not leaving anything out. Ghidorah gains the upper hand in the battle once, and then the rest of the battle is grappling and biting.
It's really cute how you're just glossing over all the grappling and biting Ghids was doing as if it was absolutely nothing.
Yes, Ghidorah does some gnarly poop in the fight but he wasn't starting either of his fights that way. He needed a power up to start beating ass
You... you do realize what SG's crystal fortress is, right? Like, just being in its presence is going to power Ghids up.

EmperorGhidorah wrote:Also, just to reiterate, aside from maybe knocking SG off balance a little, MV Ghidorah’s bolts aren’t doing squat to a monster that laughed at Moguera’s extremely strong plasma weapons and sustained repeated Spiral Ray blasts without falling apart. They’re basically inconsequential here.
I'm pretty sure literally no one here has said that Ghids' Gravity beams are what's going to win this fight for him.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I would say that Ghidorah’s durability alone nets him some points. He absolutely tanked the Oxygen Destroyer, took a powered up atomic breath straight to the chest without it having any effect, and if I’m remembering correctly, wasn’t at all adversely affected by the sheer heat radiating from Fire Godzilla whilst standing mere meters away, and everything else literally melting around him.

Hell, Ghidorah managed to take the full brunt of the first pulse, and get off with merely burned wings while the rest of him looked to have been fine.

#BotM

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: The novelization mentions that Ghidorah retreated to Rodan's volcano to absorb the massive amounts of radiation in the crater, using the energy to regenerate his head.

Whether or not you choose to accept the novelization, it makes sense. Regrowing a limb (or a head) that quickly, and especially a limb (or head) of Ghidorah's size would require incredible amounts of energy. Simply just the law of conservation of energy at play. It also explains why he didn't regenerate immediately and only started to do so when he reached the volcano. And it explains why it never happens in the film again.

Godzilla himself pulls the same stunt by healing his injuries through his temple. Ghidorah's simply seems to work much, *much* faster.

With that said, the question here is whether Spacegodzilla's crystals that feed him cosmic energy (assumingely cosmic radiation at that) could be fed upon by Ghidorah. Given Godzilla gained the spiral ray after the destruction of SG's shoulder crystals, I would be inclined to believe that he could. The question is whether or not Ghidorah could feed off of it before the shoulders crystals are destroyed.
That’s interesting. Given Ghidorah’s cosmic origins, I don’t think it would be too much of a leap to assume that he would liberally attempt to siphon SG’s cosmic radiation for himself. But I’d likewise assume SG would want to counter that with his own absorption abilities. That’s probably going to make for an interesting power struggle. Question is: will Ghidorah be able to harness enough radiation to regenerate while this dynamic is going on? If he can’t, that could put a serious dent in his chances of emerging victorious.
Inferno Rodan wrote: I'm pretty sure literally no one here has said that Ghids' Gravity beams are what's going to win this fight for him.
Nor did I say they did. But some continue to act like Ghidorah’s ranged weaponry bears mentioning as if it’ll be a factor in this fight. It won’t. That’s my point.
Last edited by EmperorGhidorah on Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Inferno Rodan wrote:It's really cute how you're just glossing over all the grappling and biting Ghids was doing as if it was absolutely nothing.
And it's cute that you think some grappling and nipping is note worthy. Especially against Spacegodzilla. Are Spacegodzilla's shoulder bumps and energy smacks impressive too?
You... you do realize what SG's crystal fortress is, right? Like, just being in its presence is going to power Ghids up.
Um, no it isn't. He needs to actually bite whatever he wants to absorb. As was shown in the movie ;)

And for future reference, this is what I said a couple pages ago.
PopInPicsPresents wrote:I feel like Ghidorah's CQ is being overrated here. -snip-That said, Spacegodzilla can't really secure a win because he doesn't have any strong enough attacks. -snip-I can see SG ripping Ghidorah's wings and necks apart throughout the fight so it depends on how his regen works. Ghidorah would probably just absorb the energy from the crystal fortress and win from there.
I only came in here to say hey, maybe MV Ghidorah isn't a CQ GOD like everyone and their mother is saying.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:It's really cute how you're just glossing over all the grappling and biting Ghids was doing as if it was absolutely nothing.
And it's cute that you think some grappling and nipping is note worthy. Especially against Spacegodzilla. Are Spacegodzilla's shoulder bumps and energy smacks impressive too?
PopInPicsPresents wrote:I feel like Ghidorah's CQ is being overrated here. -snip-That said, Spacegodzilla can't really secure a win because he doesn't have any strong enough attacks. -snip-I can see SG ripping Ghidorah's wings and necks apart throughout the fight so it depends on how his regen works. Ghidorah would probably just absorb the energy from the crystal fortress and win from there.
I only came in here to say hey, maybe MV Ghidorah isn't a CQ GOD like everyone and their mother is saying.[/quote]

Ghidorah was literally throw Godzilla around and overpower him well enough to compleltly grab him and drag him in the sky.

I think that's more impressive and proves he's a CQ god then shoulder bumps, yeah?

RIP Evan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Ghidorah was literally throw Godzilla around and overpower him well enough to compleltly grab him and drag him in the sky.

I think that's more impressive and proves he's a CQ god then shoulder bumps, yeah?
Exactly, and it's not just any Godzilla he's fighting either, we're talking a Godzilla with more hands/dominance than Showa, equal durability if not more so than Heisei G, and firepower that rivals the Millennium (minus GMK/FW)
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Ghidorah was literally throw Godzilla around and overpower him well enough to compleltly grab him and drag him in the sky.

Alright, do you really think 2 instances of cool moves makes him a "CQ God"? Because before that he does nothing noteworthy. That's like saying Heisei Godzilla is a CQ God because he occasionally throws and slams monsters around.
_JNavs_ wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

Exactly, and it's not just any Godzilla he's fighting either, we're talking a Godzilla with more hands/dominance than Showa, equal durability if not more so than Heisei G, and firepower that rivals the Millennium (minus GMK/FW)
And that's exactly why Ghidorah looks so lackluster in KOTM. Legendary Godzilla is straight overpowered. The majority of his fights with Ghidorah is just him pushing Ghidorah around.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Godzilla did man handle Ghidorah. Only in three instances. One doesn't count cause he was juiced up. When ever him and Ghidorah ran at each other head first, Godzilla kept two heads usually at bay. Only time he didn't do this was near Mexico when he fucking street-sharked Ghidorah into the ocean.

Also, wouldn't Ghidorah powering up from Space Godzilla's Crystal Fortress be... stupid? Space Godzilla makes those things to power himself. What use would Ghidorah have from it? They gonna get into some kind of eating contest?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:And it's cute that you think some grappling and nipping is note worthy. Especially against Spacegodzilla. Are Spacegodzilla's shoulder bumps and energy smacks impressive too?
No. The point is, however, that what KG can do in melee vastly surpasses what SG can, and quite frankly SG won't be able to make him back off once he does get into melee.
Um, no it isn't. He needs to actually bite whatever he wants to absorb. As was shown in the movie ;)
Nope. He was absorbing radiation from the volcano when he regenerated his head according to the novelization. MV Ghids is a goddamn energy sponge. And even if you don't want to take the novelization as canon, he still showed that he's perfectly willing to directly drain energy from the environment when it's available. Either way, SG's fortress will be powering KG as much as it will SG.
And for future reference, this is what I said a couple pages ago.
I only came in here to say hey, maybe MV Ghidorah isn't a CQ GOD like everyone and their mother is saying.
You are literally the only one in this thread that has called him that, though.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Inferno Rodan wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:And it's cute that you think some grappling and nipping is note worthy. Especially against Spacegodzilla. Are Spacegodzilla's shoulder bumps and energy smacks impressive too?
No. The point is, however, that what KG can do in melee vastly surpasses what SG can, and quite frankly SG won't be able to make him back off once he does get into melee.
SG has Corona Beams, Psychic Powers and can discharge energy volts. I think he could make Ghidorah back up if he starts to get an advantage up close to early on.
Inferno Rodan wrote:You are literally the only one in this thread that has called him that, though.
Not literally my dude, I was using hyperbole
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Do we know Space Godzilla has the right radiation for MV Ghidorah to eat, though?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Breakdown wrote:
Ghidorah's heads lifted the 99,000 ton + Godzilla into the air. The best Showa did was just knock Godzilla away.
Correction: Showa Ghidorah's necks were strong enough to send Godzilla soaring across Children's land just as Titanosaurus's kick would do in ToMG. One of those necks was also able to hold up the entire weight of Anguirus, who was as heavy as he was, and he was regularly knocking Godzilla on his butt in GTTHM.

Legendary Ghidorah has a lot of physical strength yes, but let's not underestimate the sheer physical strength Showa displayed.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:SG has Corona Beams, Psychic Powers and can discharge energy volts. I think he could make Ghidorah back up if he starts to get an advantage up close to early on.
None of those things made Heisei Godzilla back off (especially considering one of them was literally never used at all), so what makes you think they will work on an opponent as aggressive and in-your-face as MV Ghids?
Not literally my dude, I was using hyperbole
K. The point still stands that he's leagues better than SG, so I don't see what you're trying to prove with all this.

LamangoKaijura wrote:Do we know Space Godzilla has the right radiation for MV Ghidorah to eat, though?
We know he can drain both nuclear and electrical energy. I think it's safe to assume he's not picky with what "flavor" of energy he chows down on.
Last edited by Inferno Rodan on Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

But, wait, doesn't Space Godzilla have space radiation? Or some shit?