Shin Godzilla vs The Guardian Monsters

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Re: Shin Godzilla vs The Guardian Monsters

Post by Inferno Rodan »

HillyHulk wrote:It was pretty clear it was injured when it screamed in pain when they hit. It didn't seem to be fatal as it kept going, but you do see it get hurt.
You obviously aren't aware of how obscenely powerful a MOP is. That would have instantly killed the vast majority of kaiju. We're talking a bomb with a 5300-lb warhead which is capable of punching through 200 feet of earth. It's called a Massive Ordnance Penetrator for a reason. This thing makes Showa Mechagodzilla's missiles look like firecrackers.

Shin may get overrated a lot, but his durability is genuinely top-tier.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

Inferno Rodan wrote:
HillyHulk wrote:It was pretty clear it was injured when it screamed in pain when they hit. It didn't seem to be fatal as it kept going, but you do see it get hurt.
You obviously aren't aware of how obscenely powerful a MOP is. That would have instantly killed the vast majority of kaiju. We're talking a bomb with a 5300-lb warhead which is capable of punching through 200 feet of earth. It's called a Massive Ordnance Penetrator for a reason. This thing makes Showa Mechagodzilla's missiles look like firecrackers.

Shin may get overrated a lot, but his durability is genuinely top-tier.
Not only that, but Shin had at least two MOPs blowing up inside him. He was subsequently hit by four more, too.

Unfortunately, I've had discussions with some people who seem to think MOPs belong in the same category as your garden variety conventional weapon. They reason that because Godzilla-like monsters wade through conventional weapons all the time, then that must make Shin's durability feat unimpressive by default. This sort of dissonance astounds me.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

And even with conventional weaponry, he endures it with far less reaction than most Godzillas, as if he doesn't even feel it.

Unless the weapons are made out of his arch-nemesis and kryptonite... trains.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

Alright already, I'll concede the durability. I didn't know how capable a MOP was (let alone what it was in the first place).

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

Zarm wrote:Unless the weapons are made out of his arch-nemesis and kryptonite... trains.
/thread

:lol:
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Tomzilla wrote:Not only that, but Shin had at least two MOPs blowing up inside him. He was subsequently hit by four more, too.
He was only hit by two. The same strike was shown from 3 different angles. A B2 can only carry two MOPs, so if 6 of them had been dropped then that would have been the entire payload of all three aircraft. That'd be fine, but the remaining two were swinging around to attack after the first got shot down. And unlike the vast majority of people, Anno seems to have enough knowledge of military tech to not make a goof like that.
Unfortunately, I've had discussions with some people who seem to think MOPs belong in the same category as your garden variety conventional weapon. They reason that because Godzilla-like monsters wade through conventional weapons all the time, then that must make Shin's durability feat unimpressive by default. This sort of dissonance astounds me.
It's sad, really. Of course it doesn't help that most military attacks against kaiju are really pretty pathetic in terms of both the weaponry and tactics used, but that's another issue altogether. A proper, realistic military strike would ruin most kaiju, and they'd be helpless to retaliate against it because it'd be coming from miles away. Again this is where Anno did a damn good job and displayed his knowledge, as the artillery and missile strikes against Shin were both pretty fantastic.

Zarm wrote:Unless the weapons are made out of his arch-nemesis and kryptonite... trains.
With as much as trains get picked on by kaiju, it's only right that they finally managed to exact some revenge.
Last edited by Inferno Rodan on Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

Shin is the tallest Godzilla (that's taken seriously). Mothra, Ghidorah and Baragon were all smaller than 50m. If they do what they did to the big G at the end, Shin will just evolve and regenerate. Shin takes this.