King Kong 05 vs Smaug

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: King Kong 05 vs Smaug

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

KingKong2005 wrote:
Zarm wrote:
Maritonic wrote:Out...run...the...flame?
:lol:

My thoughts exactly.
You guys are acting like I'm crazy :lol: It's like in Pacific Rim where Gypsy dodges that acid, you know?
The diffrence was Otachi was spitting the acid directly at Gypsy, making it easy to dodge. By contrast, you're saying Kong running slighly to the left is going to avoid THIS.

RIP Evan.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Eh you're probably right :)
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

KingKong2005 wrote:Eh you're probably right :)
To be fair to you, Kong might survive if he finds somewhere in the lair to hide himself and get a little bit of sneak attack damage. Still think Smaug has this, though.

RIP Evan.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Zarm wrote:The thing is- Smaug has nearly-indestructible scales. He survived immersion in molten gold.
Don't get me wrong, I agree Smaug has the advantage here... but I don't think scales would protect him from a theoretical jaw break or neck/spine snap.
Glaurung was described as having bones stronger than steel, and he was considered primitive among Morgoth's later feats (Smaug's recent ancestors among them).

Also, Smaug came down from the North, where it was mentioned there were trolls, particularly early variations of Olog-hai, which were considered as intelligent as a man and, like dragons, bred for war.

And the few remaining dragons of the North consumed them, and I think Kong and a Gundabad Olog-hai (the giant trolls in Battle of Five Armies) would be evenly matched.
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Zarm wrote:The thing is- Smaug has nearly-indestructible scales. He survived immersion in molten gold.
Don't get me wrong, I agree Smaug has the advantage here... but I don't think scales would protect him from a theoretical jaw break or neck/spine snap.
Glaurung was described as having bones stronger than steel, and he was considered primitive among Morgoth's later feats (Smaug's recent ancestors among them).
Yet Kong is able to break steel...
Image Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:

Also, Smaug came down from the North, where it was mentioned there were trolls, particularly early variations of Olog-hai, which were considered as intelligent as a man and, like dragons, bred for war.

And the few remaining dragons of the North consumed them, and I think Kong and a Gundabad Olog-hai (the giant trolls in Battle of Five Armies) would be evenly matched.
Whoa. Olog-Hai reference. Now there's something I didn't expect to find today.

Love those guys.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

This is my first ever fantasy match post... I'm assuming we throw out all considerations of plot logic? Because then Kong stands a chance by virtue of being an underdog good guy. Barring that however... he's toast. He's roast monkey meat. No chance in Mordor.

Bottom line, Kong 2005 is just not on the same power scale as Smaug. Kong 2005 is a very large gorilla, nothing else. He was killed by machine guns. Yeah he was great at jumping around and he's very strong, but he's still just a big animal.

Smaug is a fantasy dragon with all kinds of dark sorcery and machinations of evil ancient powers behind him. Yes he was killed by a single ballista shot, but unless Kong finds that weak spot, and fast, he’s got no chance.

Kong 1962 or 2017 we could have a much more evenly matched debate. Both of them are intended to go toe-to-toe (give or take a few decades of age for 2017) with Godzilla, and Godzilla would wipe the floor with Smaug. Kong 05? I don’t see it.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Yeah, I would've called this close until I watched the arson spree video. Smaug has this dead to rights unless he's dumb enough to go in close, and even then he has good odds.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio