Anguirus Vs Gomora

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Anguirus Vs Gomora

Postby LegendZilla » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:53 pm

Battle of horned Dinosaurian Kaiju who famously began as opponents for the stars of their respective franchises of origin, later to become esteemed allies of both Ultraman and Godzilla.

Combatants :

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/anguirus_showa.htm

https://ultra.fandom.com/wiki/Gomora

Arena : Osaka Castle grounds

Rules : Gomora cannot utilize any of his Reionic upgrades that he has acquired in the last decade(i.e horn-laser and transformation into EX Gomora), starting with the Ultra-Monster Galaxy series. Both him and his opponent must rely solely on their physical capabilities that have been staples of their characters since their respective debuts.

Verdict : Sad to say this, but I think the odds are overwhelmingly in Gomora’s favor due to the fact he devastated Ultraman in their initial match and Anguirus never has the best track record when fighting on his own in 1 on 1 matches.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:12 am, edited 13 times in total.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

edgaguirus
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Gomora vs Anguirus (Showa)

Postby edgaguirus » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:48 pm

As much as I love Anguirus, Gomora is the better fighter. Anguirus is a tough guy and can stand a beating, but he's not that good on attacking. Gomora has the advantage there.
Kaiju are just like people- giant, radioactive people.

Megalon went into a bar and saw Gigan. Megalon said, " Again? I thought you gave this up."
" What can I say," Gigan asked. " I'm hooked."

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Grasper

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:16 am

I just got the mental image of Gomora swinging his tail around like a mad man with Anguirus clamped on it like a bulldog, so thank you for that. :lol:

Honestly? this goes either way. Both are determined fighters who can give some hell. Personally, I'm leaning towards Anguirus. Dude's gone up against the heavy hitters of the Showa universe without fail and he's definitely got some advantages against Gomora. His armor means Gomora can't go for a direct hit, Gomora can't escape by burrowing, and Anguirus has more tenacity.

So, I'm leaning Anguirus.

#MinillaForSmash2018

PopInPicsPresents
Kwaidan

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:06 am

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Dude's gone up against the heavy hitters of the Showa universe without fail

Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.

Mama Birdon is bae

Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Maritonic
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Maritonic » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:09 am

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Dude's gone up against the heavy hitters of the Showa universe without fail

This cracked me up.

I think Anguirus' charm is that even though he gets his ass handed to him, he doesn't give in. He always gets back up. He's tenacious as hell. He endures a LOT.
Resized Image

What doesn't kill me makes me Vicious

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

MandaSaurus wrote:I think a lot of you here don't exactly know what LOGIC actually means.

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Grasper

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:57 am

PopInPicsPresents wrote:

Anguirus gets his dick kicked in, yeah but he causes hell until he goes down.

remember we are talking about the monster who made King skreeonking Ghidorah bleed. is that not a fantastic feat just because he got flung off?

#MinillaForSmash2018

PopInPicsPresents
Kwaidan

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:44 am

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Anguirus gets his dick kicked in, yeah but he causes hell until he goes down.

Anguirus is a minor annoyance, let's be real here. He's useless without aide.

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:remember we are talking about the monster who made King skreeonking Ghidorah bleed. is that not a fantastic feat just because he got flung off?

A chihuahua can make me bleed too man, but you'd never argue a chihuahua could kill a man in a straight fight. If Ultraman had a rough time going against Gomora, what is Anguirus gonna do? Tenacity is cool and all but if you have no way to put down your opponent you're just going to waste time until you get your dick kicked in
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:

Mama Birdon is bae

Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Grasper

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:22 am

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:remember we are talking about the monster who made King skreeonking Ghidorah bleed. is that not a fantastic feat just because he got flung off?

A chihuahua can make me bleed too man, but you'd never argue a chihuahua could kill a man in a straight fight. If Ultraman had a rough time going against Gomora, what is Anguirus gonna do? Tenacity is cool and all but if you have no way to put down your opponent you're just going to waste time until you get your dick kicked in

I think there's a bit of a difference here between Ultraman and Anguirus.

Ultraman fought Gomora like every other kaiju, striking his armored body and rightfully not doing any damage.

Anguirus as we see him usually attacks foes body first and then going for weak spots. Maybe slaming Gomora with his back won't do anything, but a throat bite? I think that could do it.

Added in 38 seconds:
Question I realize I forgot to ask: are we talking about 1966 Gomora or the new hyper-reionic-super special Gomora?

#MinillaForSmash2018

PopInPicsPresents
Kwaidan

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:34 am

If Godzilla didn't have his Atomic Breath in Raids Again, would the outcome have been any different?
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:

Mama Birdon is bae

Kiryu2012
Kwaidan

Postby Kiryu2012 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:47 pm

Yeah, I'm not seeing Anguirus winning this. If Ultraman was beaten down by Gomora, then Anguirus isn't gonna fare any better.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy poop man.

My DA

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:50 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Question I realize I forgot to ask: are we talking about 1966 Gomora or the new hyper-reionic-super special Gomora?

Showa Gomora.

PopInPicsPresents
Kwaidan

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:23 pm

LegendZilla wrote:Rules : Gomora cannot transform into any of his super-modes and use other special abilities that he has acquired in the last decade(i.e horn laser and EX Gomora), starting with the Ultra-Monster Galaxy series. Both him and his opponent must rely solely on their signature physical tenacities that have been staples of their characters since their respective debuts.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/gomola.htm

If you just post the links then you don't have to tell us what the kaiju can't do
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:

Mama Birdon is bae

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:48 pm

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Rules : Gomora cannot transform into any of his super-modes and use other special abilities that he has acquired in the last decade(i.e horn laser and EX Gomora), starting with the Ultra-Monster Galaxy series. Both him and his opponent must rely solely on their signature physical tenacities that have been staples of their characters since their respective debuts.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/gomola.htm

If you just post the links then you don't have to tell us what the kaiju can't do

Thanks for the tip.

LamangoKaijura
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby LamangoKaijura » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:57 am

The only thing that Gomora had going for him was there were children around in his initial rampage so Ultraman didn't go all out, and got lucky with his tail. Cause as you see by his second appearance, he relied too much on said tail and got his skreeonking trachia Spectrum beamed out.

Anguirus, as much as I love the guy, he's even worse. The only times he actively charged an enemy were , and I'm basing this as 55 Anguirus is different from Showa, are MechaGodzilla/Fake Godzilla, and Ghidorah.
Even then he was sent flying around and falling all over himself.
Hell his sneak attacks on Ghidorah ended with him getting flung into a ditch and stomped on in Godzilla vs Gigan, and that was supposedly the weaker second Ghidorah.

The only thing these two have in common though is their fall from similar heights, and even then Gomora gets more points cause he landed face first into the ground at high speeds.
Edit:
Ew... TK's bio for Gomora is terrible. Here.
https://ultra.wikia.com/wiki/Gomora#Ultraman
Last edited by LamangoKaijura on Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Fantasy Matches”